Compliance Officer / Justice for Meekings

RossP

Sickening. He has to fight it. What's to lose against missing the game of his career so far. Although the TV evidence looks bad, personally at the time I did not think he deliberately attempted to block the ball with his hand. He is a very honest lad.Anyway If Shifty can get away with what he has then it has to be worth a try for Josh. This has only happened because of the amount of noise Celtic have been able to make, well supported by the Central belt media.

• Agree 1

can the SFA cite a single example of an alleged handball being refereed retrospectively in the past ? This is not what the system is for and it has never been used in this way before.

As I said in my previous post, if Josh is convicted and suspended it will be an outrage.

They may as well cite all those ICT fans who were 'pulling down Celtic players in the box'....

• Agree 4

This is utterly unacceptable. It has been done simply to appease the knuckle draggers who, on Sunday night, were tweeting that they "wished Meekings dead when the bus crashed" on the way home. My first instinct is to simply say that we shouldn't bother contesting their cup if that's how they wish to treat us. It's shameful and I really hope Celtic are proud. I would also wonder why a single fan of this club would want to attend the last game of the season.

• Agree 6

I cannot believe this - the club will surely contest it.

If this results in Josh being suspended then there will be dozens of similar investigations every single week. Any potential denial of a goal scoring opportunity not spotted or dealt with properly by the referee could be investigated. For starters "Why was Zaluska not penalised for punching Eddie in the back of the head?" and 'Why did the referee instruct the Celtic wall to stand just 8m from the ball for our free kick?"

What punishment will be given to the three officials who failed to do their job properly in the first place? 

It's an absolute joke but no surprise coming from the SFA who couldn't run a bath.

• Agree 3

If this is upheld ICT should complain To FIFA  or whatever

This is vindictive, but not that alone it will completely change the face of the game.

Every single time a referee gets it wrong in future a complaint  will be sent upstairs for review.

It is a recipe for mayhem. We will be leaving grounds  not knowing which players will be suspended should we or any other club have  decisions or non decisions  challenged. 

Some reviews may include

I. e. " We feel that the throw in was a foul throw which led to the goal".  "We feel that the goal keeper handled outside the box",   The list of complaints may be endless . "Our player was in his own half when given offside",   Once this starts where will it end. That is why FIFA must be consulted.  I am sure somewhere in the Referees chart it states the Referee is in sole charge of the game and his decisions are final.

PS We feel Maradonna scored with his hand

Edited by Laurence
  • Agree 3

If this is upheld ICT should complain To FIFA  or whatever

This is vindictive, but not that alone it will completely change the face of the game.

Every single time a referee gets it wrong in future a complaint  will be sent upstairs for review.

It is a recipe for mayhem. We will be leaving grounds  not knowing which players will be suspended should we or any other club have  decisions or non decisions  challenged. 

Some reviews may include

I. e. " We feel that the throw in was a foul throw which led to the goal".  "We feel that the goal keeper handled outside the box",   The list of complaints may be endless . "Our player was in his own half when given offside",   Once this starts where will it end. That is why FIFA must be consulted.  I am sure somewhere in the Referees chart it states the Referee is in sole charge of the game and his decisions are final.

FIFA control international football they have no jurisdiction, then again, appealing to a body with no jurisdiction would be no more of a farce than the complaint being laid by the Compliance Officer in the first place...

Here's the defence:

Manuel Neuer would have been hard pushed to have deliberately got his hand to the ball at that range....with his eyes open! Josh has quite clearly got his eyes closed (because he was expecting it to hit his head!) Given that hand-eye co-ordination is required to deliberately handle the ball, it is simply impossible to have done this intentionally with your eyes closed. Perhaps the SFA think he's equipped with sonar?!

Tw@ts!

• Agree 3

In related news Police Scotland have sent a report to the Procurator Fiscal alleging that between the hours of 12.15 and approximately 15.00 hours on the afternoon of Sunday 19th April 2015 in the Mount Florida area of Glasgow a group of hardened criminals from the Highlands assaulted Glasgow Celtic Football Club and robbed them of their rightful place in the Scottish Cup Final.

• Agree 5

What a dangerous dangerous precedent this will set. The game will never be the same again if this is allowed to happen.  Every losing team in every game now have the right to write a letter, point out a foul that wasn't given before a goal, a penalty that wasn't given, etc. If, for example, as happened recently, Dundee Utd played Celtic 4 times in 2 weeks, what is to now stop one of the teams writing a letter after 1st game and cite a bad foul that went unpunished, and get a top player banned for the next game? Then the other team does it for the next game?  Absolute farce. Expect nothing less from SFA.

And the officials?

• Agree 5

No complaint to FIFA, but it could certainly move to Scottish courts if upheld.  The lack of any mention of Forrest, Izaguirre, Brown, or Zaluska prove that justice or impartiality are not being sought by the SFA.

As others have said, we need Ciftci's/DU's lawyer.

• Agree 1

The Compliance Officer will have a tough time proving that Meekings deliberately placed his arm in a position whereby he would block the ball. Looking at this picture I don't even think Meekings knows where the ball is. His eyes appear to be closed and he has no idea where the ball is or what's going on around him.

post-19-0-34157500-1429633784.jpg

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

Hope the appeal is upheld, but doubtful as the complaint was at the request of one of the ugly sisters. Pretty sure it'll be all thats talked about on sportsound tomorrow night with the typical chic murray commentary of celtic was robbed before, during and after the dundee game. I just hope that celtic get pumped and afterwards hartley dedicates the game to josh.

SFA have a serious lack of balls offering josh a ban he does not deserve, yet there seems to be no indication of a ban for zaluska for wiping out eddie

I'm hoping Kenny and Co will be giving doncaster and his cronies both barrels on thursday when they're down sorting out arrangements for the final

I know its could be detrimental to the lads, but maybe we should not send an away support to the final game of the season at parkhead. Just a big banner indicating our digust at how petty and childish their club and fans are being. Or take the biggest support we've ever had to parkead outside of the league cup and spent the whole 90mins chanting "There's only 1 josh meekings" and "We're going to the final and your not" and make sure we're heard

• Agree 4