Ryan Christie

DundeeICT

We could do a lot worse than using some of our cup final income in extending young Ryan's contract for a further two years.

We would be unlikely to keep him that long but we would get more for him when he leaves. Ryan is almost certainly destined for big things including being the first player we ever sell for a seven figure sum..

• Agree 2

Agreed build on what we have at the moment signing the guys for next season. We know Ryan is going to leave one day I guess it's just how long can we hold onto him and how much will we get. Easily worth 7 figures considering some of the players that have moved on from Scotland recently! Or sell accept a nice 7 figure sum in the summer and have him on a season long loan? Best of both ....

Bump!

In other news. Well done Ryan on been named on shortlist for SPFL Young Player of the Year. The full list is:

-Ryan Christie (ICT)

-Jason Denayer (Celtic)

-Jamie Walker (Hearts)

-Sam Nicholson (Hearts)

No reason he can't win this.

• Agree 1

Bump!

In other news. Well done Ryan on been named on shortlist for SPFL Young Player of the Year. The full list is:

-Ryan Christie (ICT)

-Jason Denayer (Celtic)

-Jamie Walker (Hearts)

-Sam Nicholson (Hearts)

I didn't realise Denayer was so  young! But, yes - Christie for me!

Haven't seen much of the Hearts pair, but given that he is playing for one of the best teams in a higher league, surely Ryan must have an outstanding chance of getting this. Don't really get the fuss about Denayer, and I know that a lot of my Celtic-supporting work colleagues feel the same. Marley Watkins has handed him his @rse on a plate when we've played Celtic this season. 

• Agree 2

Bump!

-Ryan Christie (ICT)

-Jason Denayer (Celtic)

-Jamie Walker (Hearts)

-Sam Nicholson (Hearts)

Being born and brought up as a Jambo I have great admiration for both Jamie Walker and Sam Nicholson. I was also at school with Sam's dad.

Ryan is a great talent and thoroughly deserves the nomination. However I cant help feeling that the West Central Belt bias will see Denayer win it. I hope I'm wrong though.

"Inverness CT playmaker Ryan Christie is the target of several English Premier League clubs, including Everton and Newcastle United. However, the youngster expressed his desire to remain in his hometown for foreseeable future, and it is believed a fee of around £1 million would be required to persuade the club to part with their highly promising youngster. (The Sun)"

• Agree 2

Bump!

-Ryan Christie (ICT)

-Jason Denayer (Celtic)

-Jamie Walker (Hearts)

-Sam Nicholson (Hearts)

Being born and brought up as a Jambo I have great admiration for both Jamie Walker and Sam Nicholson. I was also at school with Sam's dad.

Ryan is a great talent and thoroughly deserves the nomination. However I cant help feeling that the West Central Belt bias will see Denayer win it. I hope I'm wrong though.

Question i have is, should loan players even be allowed to be nominated since they are coming from a higher level of club.

Bump!

-Ryan Christie (ICT)

-Jason Denayer (Celtic)

-Jamie Walker (Hearts)

-Sam Nicholson (Hearts)

Question i have is, should loan players even be allowed to be nominated since they are coming from a higher level of club.

''Question i have is, should loan players even be allowed to be nominated since they are coming from a higher level of club.''

Surely that's a question for the Compliance Officer - he dabbles in many things.

• Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...

FANTASTIC

WELL DESERVED RYAN

:notworthy: