Nick Ross to C*unty.

Big G

He is thinking of leaving but I doubt he'd go to County, and certainly not while there's uncertainty as to whether they'll still be in the top flight.

There was an interview with him in The Sunday Times as part of the semi-final build up:

"I do want to experience something different and just to get away from the city would be good for my development. I've had a few chats with the club, talking about what their plans are for me. I need to think about it. Being out of my comfort zone would be something I'd look forward to."

The club should be giving him a 3 year contract, at the very least!

Totally agree about a new contract - maybe two-years?

The guy is so reliable, whether starting, or off-the-bench and is a great example of how local boys can make it in the top league of Scottish football. He's only 23, yet has made around 170 appearances for his home club. Terrific ambassador, he'd certainly be our loss and some other club's gain.

However, such is the fall-out of success. We're doing so well, that Nick can't get a regular game - and at 23, he needs to be looking for first-team games.

From his "quotes", he appears to be willing to re-locate, which is good, as he is certainly good enough to be playing at this level, and a geographical switch to County or Elgin would be disappointing. Just wonder if European qualification could yet sway him?!

The club should be giving him a 3 year contract, at the very least!

Totally agree about a new contract - maybe two-years?

The guy is so reliable, whether starting, or off-the-bench and is a great example of how local boys can make it in the top league of Scottish football. He's only 23, yet has made around 170 appearances for his home club. Terrific ambassador, he'd certainly be our loss and some other club's gain.

However, such is the fall-out of success. We're doing so well, that Nick can't get a regular game - and at 23, he needs to be looking for first-team games.

From his "quotes", he appears to be willing to re-locate, which is good, as he is certainly good enough to be playing at this level, and a geographical switch to County or Elgin would be disappointing. Just wonder if European qualification could yet sway him?!

He is far far too good to be even thinking about Elgin.

• Agree 1

Nick Ross has never let us down. For those who think he's still too lightweight, note how he bullied Broon on Sunday on at least 2 occasions. I like him, but I just don't know what position he plays best in. I suspect he fits better into a 4-4-2 than a 4-2-3-1 formation, so perhaps there's something for him if we use that more regularly. Really hoe he stays and would not be happy if he went OTB! Miles too good for Elgin.

I would hope there is a future for Nick at ICT.  I have been one who has been a bit critical of him in the past but I think there has been a very significant improvement in his play in the last year.  He has always been a player who has a great touch and rarely gives the ball away but in the past he has been rather weak in the challenge.  That is the element to his game that has changed and he is now much more effective in putting pressure on opponents with the ball and nicking the ball off them.  As a result, I think he is featuring more and more in Yogi's plans.

We have depth in midfield players and whilst he may not be a first choice at the moment, he is improving all the time.  He was the one sub used on Sunday and played very well.  He certainly gave Scott Brown a run for his money.  There is no reason why he shouldn't be able to feature more regularly in the first team next season and he would need to consider where he might fit in with other teams.  If he wants to have more regular first team football then he would need a backward move to a team that is either in a lower division or perhaps the wrong end of the SPFL. 

If he were to stay here, continue to improve and establish a regular first team place, then he would be in a much better place to market himself to broaden his horizons if that's what he wants.  If he was able to get regular first team football in Inverness I wonder if that would make him want to stay.  I hope it would.

Reading into what he says I think the wanderlust is on him. I reckon he'll head south for a few years to see how he does before coming back north to settle down. As to PCA why would he bother. I'm sure his agent wouldn't advise such a thing if there's interest from elsewhere. Whatever he does I hope it goes well for him.

...it was his first-time, inch-perfect pass that set Shinnie off into the box for the Raven goal. Can't coach that!

Absolutely spot on, his touch and vision to see a pass is his greatest assets.  Not the most physical of players but brings so much to the team in other areas. Fully deserves a new contract and a regular starting place in his best position which I believe is just off the front man.     

• Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...