Scottish Cup Finalists v Aberdeen 25/04/2015

RiG

A couple of days before the game and still no thread although that can be excused due to the developments in the 'Hand of Josh' incident from the Scottish Cup Semi Final.

We face Aberdeen on Saturday and it would be good to see a few extra punters coming through the gates to cheer on the lads after their heroics last weekend. You tend not to want to change a winning side but I wonder if Hughes will try and rotate a couple of players where we have the ability to do so. Perhaps the likes of Doran and Ross will come into the starting XI but elsewhere we don't really have that ability to rotate.

I'm expecting something along the lines of:

Esson

Raven Warren Meekings Shinnie

Tansey Draper

Watkins Ross Doran

Ofere

Three defeats against Aberdeen so far this season. Been a long time since we went an entire season without defeating the Dandies - something like 07/08 was the last time we failed to record a victory over them in one season.

post-19-0-25343800-1429778671_thumb.jpg

I think Draper's suspended. I thought a 'die hard' like you RiG would have known! :lol:

Sweet...

Great photo of Josh that - not sure if that's a tattoo on his right arm or an imprint from a football...

I'm sure I'm not the first person this week to zoom-in on Josh's right arm, but I could swear that tattoo reads "GIRUY"!

Edited by Sneckboy
  • Agree 4

He has to change it with Draper missing. 4-4-2 worked well on Sunday. Could even go to a diamond (ooh, err!) with Tansey behind Christie.

Esson

Raven Warren Meekings Shinnie

Ross   Tansey Christie  Williams

Ofere  Watkins

subs: Polworth, Doran, Tremarco, Devine + others

Think Devine needs to come on at some point for game time - same with Doran.

The sooner that we can confirm that third place the better IMHO. That takes the pressure off and should allow us to play unrestricted prior to and during the final. I have a funny feeling that this attainment may be more about the points dropped by the Arabs and St Jones Town but so what !!

Personally I would continue to pair Warren and Meekings until the third place is attained and then look at alternating them with Devine. We also have to give Ofere as much playing time as possible. He certainly has not convinced me and Nick Ross really looked the part against Cellic. Christie is flying but perhaps needs to be more of a 60-70 minute man.

Some questioning on another thread that Josh is banned for this game. I would also give others a run out to help increase competition for Cup Final places.

Esson

Raven Warren Devine Tremarco

Doran Tansey Shinnie Ross

Watkins Ofere

Subs MacKay, Horner, Christie, Polworth, Kink, Ferguson, Williams