The 2015 William Hill Scottish Cup Final

Kingsmills

Accidents happen, but the most disappointing thing is that the cup has had to go back south for immediate repairs. That means the club don't have it to display tomorrow at Falcon Square as planned...so a lot of disappointed kids.

Do you know if or when it's coming back??

I hope its coming back on the 30th :smile:

Accidents happen, but the most disappointing thing is that the cup has had to go back south for immediate repairs. That means the club don't have it to display tomorrow at Falcon Square as planned...so a lot of disappointed kids.

Do you know if or when it's coming back??

I hope its coming back on the 30th :smile:

I could really do with it being here in 3 days time!

Heard a really interesting comment today from a reliable source that in comparison to us - Falkirk haven't even started to promote the final - our scarves, buses, flags in the high street and general buzz was really positiv.....

People have been doing fabulous work to promote the club. Scotty mentioned the word pioneers in the past and there's plenty of people within the club and externally that have been doing their bit and more to make the club stronger.

Its up to Falkirk to conduct their business as they please and must be in a position to sit back and let things take care of themselves. Where as we push the boundaries and don't settle for 6 or 7,000 at a cup final and it all makes the build up all the more enjoyable.

Who knows maybe even Traffic Scotland will get involved next.

Edited by 12th Man

I had another of my "playing for ICT" dreams last night.  This time it was the cup final.

An area of the Hampden pitch was cordoned off to let the grass grow and they forgot to remove the cordon before kick-off, so the ref asked the players to keep the ball away from that area as she didn't know what to do if the ball went in.

We made a great start, and a Devine header crashed off the bar back onto his head for him to nod in, 1-0.  Then a superb break from David Bingham (!) resulted in a shot and save, the ball rolled to me for an easy tap in and my place in history, but Barry Wilson nipped in front of me to slam it home and take the glory. 2-0 after 22 minutes, and then I woke up.

• Agree 5

I worry about you sometimes Iain...

Don't worry, be happy!  The excitement is perhaps starting to get to me - with Eurovision and the cup final within 7 days of each other, I think I'm going to explode.  :lol:

Does anyone know what kind of build up there'll be prior to the game?  Do they also not as well parade the trophy with two club legends before the start?  I'm sure that happened with County's final.

I wonder who our legend would be.  Munro?  Tokely?  Steve Paterson?

Does anyone know what kind of build up there'll be prior to the game?  Do they also not as well parade the trophy with two club legends before the start?  I'm sure that happened with County's final.

I wonder who our legend would be.  Munro?  Tokely?  Steve Paterson?

That's 3 for a start we would have more than 2.

Not wanting to get ahead of myself but clubs normally release a provisional route and end point for stage/reception for parading the trophy. Normally done the day after the final.

Do we have any plans?

Good point though. As we are staying in Glasgow on the Saturday night (and hopefully celebrating a win) we will need to know what time we need to be back in Inverness by in time for the parade.

Will the 'Justice for the 96' banner from the League Cup Final be making a reappearance?

What it had to do with ICT, Aberdeen or the Scottish League Cup, I don't know!

I had another of my "playing for ICT" dreams last night.  This time it was the cup final.

An area of the Hampden pitch was cordoned off to let the grass grow and they forgot to remove the cordon before kick-off, so the ref asked the players to keep the ball away from that area as she didn't know what to do if the ball went in.

We made a great start, and a Devine header crashed off the bar back onto his head for him to nod in, 1-0.  Then a superb break from David Bingham (!) resulted in a shot and save, the ball rolled to me for an easy tap in and my place in history, but Barry Wilson nipped in front of me to slam it home and take the glory. 2-0 after 22 minutes, and then I woke up.

I hope your right about devine opening the scoring, we all bet him first goal in the quarters 25/1... and shall do so again in the final... keep dreaming, keep believing

Will the 'Justice for the 96' banner from the League Cup Final be making a reappearance?

What it had to do with ICT, Aberdeen or the Scottish League Cup, I don't know!

It has to do with the one of the most disgraceful acts and most scandalous and sustained attempts at a cover up and scapegoating of the victims by agents of the state since the war and, I don't know about you but as a football fan and citizen of that state, it has to do with me.

• Agree 1

Hillsborough was a tragedy but was justice really going to gained by the making of a homemade banner for a match between a team who had nothing to do with Liverpool and a team who wasn't even formed at the time?

They would have been better off making a banner in support of the club they were there to watch IMO.

Edited by Renegade

The very fact it's being discussed on here shows it had the desired effect.

Although what a flag at last years LCF was to do with this years SCF is beyond me!!

Not really. I doubt it advanced their cause in any way.  

I brought it up because it seemed so out of place at the time and as this another high profile final, I wouldn't be surprised for it to make a reappearance...

Edited by Renegade

Heard a really interesting comment today from a reliable source that in comparison to us - Falkirk haven't even started to promote the final - our scarves, buses, flags in the high street and general buzz was really positiv.....

your 'reliable source' ain't very reliable, Falkirk have been promoting the final all day everyday on social media for the last few weeks. we have flags up in the high street, billboards all over Falkirk district, scarf round the steeple, all the buses sporting messages, grass outside the stadium with 'COYB' cut into it, much bigger buzz  round town for this final than the 2009 one. There is also 100+ buses going from Falkirk, 18000 tickets sold and counting. Anyway, good luck and may the best team win, #COYB

your 'reliable source' ain't very reliable, Falkirk have been promoting the final all day everyday on social media for the last few weeks. we have flags up in the high street, billboards all over Falkirk district, scarf round the steeple, all the buses sporting messages, grass outside the stadium with 'COYB' cut into it, much bigger buzz  round town for this final than the 2009 one. There is also 100+ buses going from Falkirk, 18000 tickets sold and counting. Anyway, good luck and may the best team win, #COYB

And, in contrast to us, Falkirk are generating extra interest and excitement by releasing details of tickets sold on a regular basis which, without doubt, will have added to their total.

And, in contrast to us, Falkirk are generating extra interest and excitement by releasing details of tickets sold on a regular basis which, without doubt, will have added to their total.

Falkirk releasing details of tickets sold has been a real positive, its got everyone commenting on it