Going to the final ? From where

Humberside Dude

Interesting co-incidences  :-

1. I have my Scottish bank account (RBS) in Burnside, Rutherglen. That's where I worked before emigrating to Canada.

2. My father as born at Goole very close to the Humber river.

Know either location? Have you heard of  Blacktoft, also very  close to the river Humber?

:wave:

Only just moved to the area to live, but if I remember correctly Blacktoft is North of the river. I am sure I drove there for work a few times in a previous life. We are south of the river. Wife has family in Goole though.

Deepest rural Norfolk...

weekend shift swapped - flight from Stansted booked - hotel booked - we is coming!!!!!!

:ictscarf:

How fabby!!!  Be good to see you again Canary!!

Still baldy and still tubby, I'm sure you'll recognise me - just in case, I'll be the one in red and blue - see you soon  :wave:

• Agree 1

Humberside Dude.

The pub at Blacktoft was deffo on the South side of the river  because I remember the river ran to my right (Eastwards) as I approached it's hallowed portals. Smile. The lass who was associated with that pub took me under her wing, met me off the train in Hull where she was a nurse and took me to the pictures.

So, to recapitulate..my father's sister lived in a little cottage very near the pub on  the South side  of the river Humber.

She was married to Mr. Ollie Freeman, as I recall, a very kind and gentle man indeed.

Weeton Cornflakes.? :lol:

Deepest rural Norfolk...

weekend shift swapped - flight from Stansted booked - hotel booked - we is coming!!!!!!

:ictscarf:

How fabby!!!  Be good to see you again Canary!!

Still baldy and still tubby, I'm sure you'll recognise me - just in case, I'll be the one in red and blue - see you soon  :wave:

still cuddly and purply - and i might have red and blue on too!!

:twothumbsup: