ICT in Europe

EvilWhiteStripe

Hope to see you in Europe... easier for you, still hard for us (Sampdoria,Italy) :drinking01::drinking05:

Sarebbe davvero un piacere visitare Genova e giocare Unione Calcio Sampdoria allo Stadio Luigi Ferraris e sgranocchiare qualcosa di stoccafisso e trofie, preferibilmente con un caso di Peroni - e quindi distribuire i caruggi a campione nei menu della Maddalena. Balotelli e Etoo contro Warren e Meekings - no feckin concorso !!

Huge, huge congratulations to everyone at the club - not just for the stunning achievement this season but for everyone's 21 years of hard graft and endeavour to get us to where we are today.

Who in their wildest dreams could ever have imagined we'd have so much success in reaching these heights in such a short space of time with the resources we have at our disposal - amasing and truly fantastic achievement!!!

:clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:

• Agree 13

It doesn't feel like so long ago that we were getting humped by Albion Rovers and East Stirling in the 4th tier. A truly meteoric rise! Congratulations to the players and coaching staff.

• Agree 3

Growing up as a kid in Inverness in the 70s, I would never of dreamed of having a team in the Scottish Leagues.

Now 40 years on, Inverness has the 3rd best team in the country, and qualified for European competition. We constantly surpass everything I ever thought possible, and making the kid in me believe in miracles, it has been amazing.

Passport at ready, can't wait to watch our team abroad, and hopefully win many more friends en route.

• Agree 6

A big well done from me too, was feeling a little nostalgic at the united match thinking back to playing the teams through the leagues and the players gone by, to present day and watching our team on the brink of European football. Outplaying a team who got to the Uefa cup final in days of old.

After being so close to a top six finish, so close to a Euro placing over the years to achieving it with games to spare and reaching a Scottish cup final, really has been the most successful year to date for the Club, squad and fans.

• Agree 4

Fabulous achievement by the club!

Let's hope we actually play the 2nd qualifying round by virtue of winning the Cup and get a nice draw somewhere exotic (and at least to a club we actually recognise).....I'm not sure but I think we got something like 120,000 Euro's to play in the qualifying rounds....so should cover expenses and perhaps allows us to sign a player, without interfering with next season too much

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/celtic/315702-how-uefas-increased-european-prize-money-will-boost-scottish-clubs/

What would be earned under the new model

The headline figure is the participation bonus for reaching the group stage, up to €2.4m from €1.3m. Payments for points are also up, with the new model rewarding a win with €360,000 and a draw with €120,000. So a Scottish team matching Celtic’s results from this season would bank another €960,000.

The group runner-up bonus is increased to €250,000 and the prize money for reaching the last 32 is up to €500,000.

As with the Champions League, the broadcast market pool for the next cycle isn’t known but there would be an increase on the €1.4 expected this season.

So in comparison to the last cycle, matching Celtic’s achievement of this season would earn a minimum €4.11m with broadcast money still to be added.

Payments for qualifying rounds

Scotland will have three teams in the qualifying rounds of the Europa League next season and every step on the way to the competition proper will bring rewards.

Teams will receive €200,000 for elimination in the first qualifying round, €210,000 for the second round, €220,000 for the third qualifying round and €230k for exiting via the play-offs

So €200k at the very least in prize money, plus a potential near sell out home gate - which should more than cover any travel costs for the team/staff.

I believe had we qualified in previous seasons then we would have been at risk of losing cash for participating - hence the conspiracists popping up when we lost to County on the last game of the season with a weird lineup and poor performance!

So we'd be guaranteed to make a profit then?

From my interpretation (and stab in the dark guess at club travel costs), then yes we would likely make at least a small profit from the European adventure.

It's a shame the TV companies don't look to pick up any of these qualifying games. Maybe if we landed a 'big club', then we might get some interest in televising the ties.

• Scotty featured this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured this topic