ICT in Europe

EvilWhiteStripe

I was told once as well that (to my surprise) Linfield fans are alright, but Glentoran have a real nasty side to them.  I've been past The Oval myself and it's not the type of place I'd want to get stuck in to be honest.

I'd be delighted to get a team from the Republic.  Cork City would be a nice trip.  Fly to Dublin and then travelling through Ireland would be brilliant.

Been to Linfield, Ards and....

Ballinamallard :lol:

It doesn't feel like so long ago that we were getting humped by Albion Rovers and East Stirling in the 4th tier. A truly meteoric rise! Congratulations to the players and coaching staff.

To be fair, these teams used to take a humping in Inverness long before we were in the 4th tier ;-)
  • Agree 2

I want to go to Istanbul so I can stay at my daughters flat there

Beer is cheap too,

There is an Istanbul team lurking in the next round, so if we can win our Qualifying round 2 tie, there's a chance!

Cool - I've always quite fancied going to one of those places where you are met at the airport by mental fans with flares and "WELCOME TO HELL" banners.

And we should of course reciprocate when they come here!

It's quite surreal to think that a European team will be flying into Dalcross to play Caley Thistle!

Just the Polish and Greek leagues are left to complete their seasons (on Sunday) and the full list of clubs we can face will then be known!

We'll be one of 117 clubs involved in the Europa draw on 22nd June - and of our potential 116 opponents, at this stage, only 5 can be 'ruled out'.

St Johnstone and Aberdeen obviously, but 3 others who will definitely be joining us as unseeded clubs in the Q2 draw, with IFK Gothenburg being one we won't face.

Exciting times!

I've been digging a bit and have found a site that lists the seeded and unseeded sides for the Europa League.  According to that site we'll be unseeded when we enter in the second qualifying round and the following teams will be seeded:

FC København    Den    40.960    
Trabzonspor AŞ    Tur    36.520    
Legia Warszawa    Pol    24.800    
West Ham United FC *    Eng    16.078    
FC Sheriff *    Mda    14.500    
HNK Rijeka    Cro    13.700    
Rosenborg BK *    Nor    11.875    
IF Elfsborg *    Swe    11.545    
HNK Hajduk Split *    Cro    11.200    
Apollon Limassol FC *    Cyp    10.460    
AC Omonia *    Cyp    10.460    
FC Astra Giurgiu    Rou    9.759    
FC Dinamo Minsk    Blr    9.650    
ŠK Slovan Bratislava *    Svk    9.250    
SK Sturm Graz    Aut    9.135    
AIK Solna *    Swe    9.045    
Neftçi PFK *    Aze    9.000    
FK Mladá Boleslav    Cze    8.825    
MŠK Žilina *    Svk    8.750    
FC Aktobe *    Kaz    8.575    
Go Ahead Eagles *    Ned    8.195    
FK Crvena zvezda *    Srb    7.775    
Debreceni VSC *    ***    7.700    
Brøndby IF *    Den    7.460    
R. Charleroi SC    Bel    7.440    
FC Shakhtyor Soligorsk *    Blr    7.150    
FC Dinamo Tbilisi *    Geo    6.875    
FK Vojvodina *    Srb    6.275    
FC Spartak Trnava *    Svk    6.250    
5.    Gre    10,380 - 40,880    
4./5.    Sui    10,375 - 10,875

teams marked with a * are first qualifying round teams.

Since we are unseeded does that mean that the away trip will be the second leg and therefore... the 23rd of July is nailed on as our away trip????

I thought that but according to UEFA Regulations Article 9.05 the team that is drawn first plays the home leg first. Seems we therefore have a 50/50 chance of home leg first (unless Sepp Blatter manages to get involved)

Edited by DalgetyBayJaggy

Since we are unseeded does that mean that the away trip will be the second leg and therefore... the 23rd of July is nailed on as our away trip????

I thought that but according to UEFA Regulations Article 9.05 the team that is drawn first plays the home leg first. Seems we therefore have a 50/50 chance of home leg first (unless Sepp Blatter manages to get involved)

That says 2012/2015. No change in rules? This is fifa.

23rd of July for the away trip??

Someone much smarter than me must to be able to work this out for definite... I need to get my holidays booked in ASAP.

I've just been summoned for jury service starting 20 July!!!

• Agree 1

23rd of July for the away trip??

Someone much smarter than me must to be able to work this out for definite... I need to get my holidays booked in ASAP.

I've just been summoned for jury service starting 20 July!!!

One of our pals wrote to them. Exact same scenario and they pardoned him. Get writing

• Scotty featured this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured this topic