Terry Butcher

County1966

Well Newport  County got their first win under Butcher against Carlisle. I thought he would have been sacked by now. I suppose winning at Carlisle is ironic because that's nearly in Scotland. In the 11th century Carlisle was to the North of the border.  

Seriously though I think he will be out by Christmas. No way will Newport risk going back into the non league set up. Poor Terry what an arse he made of his life.

• Disagree 2

I reckon Newport is probably his last chance saloon. If he bombs there I can't see him being offered a job at that level again. You can't even call his managerial record 'chequered' anymore. The best you could say is 'one hit wonder'.

Why is it that so many apparently dismal managers seem to excel in Inverness? Pele, Robbo, Brewster #1, Butcher, and you could even include Yogi given how low his stock had fallen before he was appointed. It's baffling.

Anyways, would love to see our former 'leader' back in Scottish football as a media personality. Can see him rustling plenty of jimmies and shaking things up in contrast to the obsequious wet blankets who currently occupy the mic. Come home Terry!

• Agree 2

One has to feel sorry for Terry after a brilliant career on the field and a legend  at this club. 

I feel that is it to be rejected by club 92nd  in the professional set up in England,, must be terrible

Time to return to Suffolk Terry and put your feet up

Many thanks for some really top players you found  and left us with especially Josh Meekings from your beloved Ipswich 

Newport say they will announce his successor on Monday , don't let grass grow, it is not even Bonfire night yet

One has to feel sorry for Terry after a brilliant career on the field and a legend  at this club. ........

After the way he left ICT for Hibs, I think you must be in a small minority of ICT fans who feel any sympathy , or sorrow, for him.

As to him being an ICT legend, well I don't think so.  'Legend' is banded about far to readily these days, imo, not only by your good self, but by other posters on this forum when talking about ex players.   For me a legend will have earned that respect over a considerably longer spell than Terry's relatively short spell with us.

• Agree 4

One has to feel sorry for Terry after a brilliant career on the field and a legend  at this club. ........

After the way he left ICT for Hibs, I think you must be in a small minority of ICT fans who feel any sympathy , or sorrow, for him.

As to him being an ICT legend, well I don't think so.  'Legend' is banded about far to readily these days, imo, not only by your good self, but by other posters on this forum when talking about ex players.   For me a legend will have earned that respect over a considerably longer spell than Terry's relatively short spell with us.

Just out of curiosity who do you feel is a legend at ICT then? I get the whole you have to be around for a few years to get that status such as Charlie Christie or Ross tokely but I still think an influential person coming in for 4-5 years can still be classed a legend. One of my favourite players that seems to have fallen behind certain strikers  such as Rooney, McKay in the 'hall of fame' because of their achievements at a higher level is Paul Ritchie, at the time he left I definitely thought he was an ict legend for what he had done with us. I actually think the same can be said about pele and butcher for them taking us to another level. 

A legend to me is someone who will be remembered for achieving greatness. There is a few I can think of that have shone above the rest and can be remembered for iconic moments in our short history. 

• Agree 1

1. A legend in his own lunchtime maybe
  2. Legends come and legends go as in beauty it is in the beholder
  3. I didn't mean a legend in the sense Robin Hood is a legend,  He became a legend because we are now talking about him, He has made a very some will say, never to be forgotten impression on us all. Can that be called a legend. I don.t know. Will his time with us live long in the memory, is that the test of a legend, you tell me?
Edited by Laurence

Et tu Brute ?

And the next line...... "Then fall Caesar". Significant?

Unless you mean the time time Brutus and Julius were eating their sandwiches and Brutus went to the toilet. He came back and said "Julius... when I left there were eight sandwiches. Now there are only six."

Caesar replied:"Et tu Brute".

Brutus and Julius Caesar went out for a dram.

Caesar sic in omnibus, Brutus sic intram.