Pub for SC Final

old caley girl

It's looking like the Montford and the Beechwood are likely to be booked out with the arriving coach parties, so any suggestions for a city centre venue for those of us flying in and getting the train out of Glasgow Central?

What time are you getting into the city center?  I'm expecting to be there around 10 myself

It's looking like the Montford and the Beechwood are likely to be booked out with the arriving coach parties, so any suggestions for a city centre venue for those of us flying in and getting the train out of Glasgow Central?

What time are you getting into the city center?  I'm expecting to be there around 10 myself

Flight gets into Glasgow at 10 so expect to be hitting a city centre pub about 11 - Counting House, Hoots and the Horseshoe all looking good, might just do all three...

:twothumbsup: 

Last minute planning here.... Is there a wristband requirement at the beechwood? Still don't know how we're getting there. We're coming through from Edinburgh so can be early on! Would rather no get buses between pub n kick-off after last year's excuses.

Last minute planning here.... Is there a wristband requirement at the beechwood? Still don't know how we're getting there. We're coming through from Edinburgh so can be early on! Would rather no get buses between pub n kick-off after last year's excuses.

The Beechwood is on a first come first served basis. No wristbands needed

• Agree 1

Yes it is usually a Celtic pub but I use it for Scotland games

156 Ardmay Crescent

G44 4 PP

My Mrs is a ICT fan and i am taking her to the game , i have paid for everything for the weekend in Georges Square ( i have a tent, hired a  tandem bike also)  yes i will take her to a Celtic pub and she will be made very welcome wearing here ICT regalie, so we will not require wrist bands

Forgot about this club, the Glencairn (football) club in Rutherglen  will welcome all. (buses as well)

Its a twenty min walk from Hamdump Wetherspoons  and the Picture House are close by for meals before the game

Sorry I was being a welt and sending you to some cheap, but pretty run down, pubs and I can't do it! Unless you want to hang out with Rangers fans with the club crest tatooed on their head :laugh:

Seriously, if you are happy enough with a Wetherspoons type place go to the Counting House right in the centre by George Square. There is also Camperdown Place (another Spoons pub) right by Q/S. There's another Spoons place by Central as well. You know what you are getting with these pubs.

Another place we sometimes go to after an away game is Stereo on Renfield Lane which is near Glasgow Central. Nice but small and can get quite busy. Food is meant to be quite nice.

I've heard other people talk about the Yes Bar and also Nice and Sleazys but I've no idea what they are like or where they are.

Flight gets into Glasgow at 10 so expect to be hitting a city centre pub about 11 - Counting House, Hoots and the Horseshoe all looking good, might just do all three...

:twothumbsup:

If you see a jet lagged Canadian in a kilt and this years kit wandering around Glasgow please get me on the right train.   :laugh: