St. Johnstone on Saturday

Pele_Is_God

I take it this is the pre match thread? So little chat about our games these days.

There's not been a lot between the sides in the two games I've seen this season. A 2 - 1 win up in Inverness earlier this season was cancelled out by a Saints victory just before Christmas thanks to some outrageous cheating by Brian Graham. We also won 2 - 0 in Inverness in January but I wasn't there so can't comment much on that. Certainly agree with the earlier comment(s) about the Home sides tending to emerge as the winner in these games.

Draper is still out suspended for us and Brill is of course still injured. Despite losing against Aberdeen last week we performed well aside from our poor finishing which costs us at least a point. I suspect Hughes will stick with much the same side as last week although perhaps Ross might make way for Doran who impressed in his brief cameo. I reckon we'll line up as follows:

Esson
Raven Warren Meekings Shinnie
Tansey Williams
Watkins Christie Ross (or Doran)
Ofere

Recently, Watkins has often pushed up alongside Ofere with Christie drifting out to the right and Ross tucking into the middle with Shinnie going up and down the left. This stifled Logan completely last weekend who seldom got beyond the halfway line and helped create a number of good chances for us which we simply didn't take. Hopefully we can be more clinical this week. No reason why we couldn't win it but the home teams, as mentioned already, tend to emerge victorious in these recent match ups so with that in mind I'm going for Saints 2 - 1 ICT.