Cup Final ticket sales

jugs116

Any Limit for Semi final ticket buyers????

I dont think it will be a problem unless you want to buy more than 20,000 tickets. I would hang on to the semi final ticket though, just in case the same applies with a Euro match at TCS, providing all goes well.

Edited by 12th Man

Got tickets this morning all hubby needed was season ticket to prove who he was. He arrived at half nine joined the queue of twenty to thirty in front of him Door opened at 10.00 got served at 10.45am. When he left there was a much larger queue waiting to get served so hopefully tickets will sell well. He bought 5 but the guy beside him got 14. He has just got back from kilt shop with his caley kilt being fixed (made bigger for belly) so he can wear it to the final. It fits so one kilt ready for final

Queue was about 2 hours from 11 am; it was slow because people were offered the choice of seats, rather than allocating (which is good). JH got a good cheer and round of applause when he turned up for training! :smile:

Singing section is F1 for those interested. Stadium are available to help with pricing and choices - no concessions in South stand; East stand is cheapest. That's 34 more punters there to see history being made.... :crazy:

A queue of two hours will lead to people leaving. Are we selling tickets via the one till in the portacabin.

We really should have something different set up for this with multiple selling points and outlets set up in the town centre to buy them.

A queue of two hours will lead to people leaving. Are we selling tickets via the one till in the portacabin.

We really should have something different set up for this with multiple selling points and outlets set up in the town centre to buy them.

I believe there were two points selling. You can also buy online.

We are a small club with limited resources and staff so folk will really just have to be patient. Lots of time left to buy as well.

• Agree 2

We are a small club with limited resources and staff so folk will really just have to be patient. Lots of time left to buy as well.

That is a pretty poor excuse. Two selling points to sell thousands of tickets. If I was a casual fan thinking of going would I bother to wait two hours in a queue when I most likely have other things on. The only thing it could possibly lead to is reduced sales.

Compare this to the final when County got there. If I remember right they had about 10+ selling points to meet demand. They also ordered in thousands of extra strips to sell for the final, selling them in Tesco as well with other stands in the town. Also busses were sourced from all over Scotland and even England to meet demand.

I just have this feeling our club won't be as organised, with two selling points on the first day a good example. Will we run out of tops in the next week as well?

but todays sale was for season ticket holders/shareholders and fans who attended the semi. A casual fan will be able to get them when they go on general sale and there will be plenty days to get these so your comments are a bit harsh. It took me 2 hours to get mine, probably with 4 serving, may have taken an hour but this was down to several things, volume of people, people choosing where they wanted to sit and lots of people buying got groups. The two people in front of me bought in excess of 20 tickets each which did cause delays but tickets got and final here we come.

• Agree 2

That is a pretty poor excuse. Two selling points to sell thousands of tickets. If I was a casual fan thinking of going would I bother to wait two hours in a queue when I most likely have other things on. The only thing it could possibly lead to is reduced sales.

Compare this to the final when County got there. If I remember right they had about 10+ selling points to meet demand. They also ordered in thousands of extra strips to sell for the final, selling them in Tesco as well with other stands in the town. Also busses were sourced from all over Scotland and even England to meet demand.

I just have this feeling our club won't be as organised, with two selling points on the first day a good example. Will we run out of tops in the next week as well?

Joe,

It's not poor and not an excuse. She's just telling it how it is. The rest of your post is just "what if" . Chill, you and thousands more will get their tickets and buses and enjoy a day out like no other. Of course, if what you say comes to pass then complain after the final. After, mind.

• Agree 1

If we had a multimillionaire bankrolling things we could probably do it too.

Things to remember-

1. Sale is only to priority groups.

2. It's a bank holiday and people are off.

3. It's the first day of sales.

4. They can be bought online.

5. There's no chance we won't meet demand (unfortunately)

5. There's physically only 2 tills that sell tickets.

Personally I'd rather we didn't waste money on IT, software etc that would be needed to open a couple more tills that will probably be only needed for a few days.

Trust me buses could be sourced from all over the country that's not the issue. It's the price as they'll be over twice the normal cost if memory serves.

I estimated I would have to queue for a couple of hours and arrived at 2pm. By ten to four, eighteen tickets bought and a happy fan. It was a nice day and there was lots of banter between fans who knew each other and those who didn't. After all, queues are normal everywhere in the UK and if you don't

want to queue for such an important game, then don't. Just wait until later in the week, or buy on line - the option is there. A nice touch for the Club to hand out details of the stadium so fans could see the various sections and options - well done.

With all due respect the ones that queued today created the problem not the ICT staff

ICT are right not employing extra staff when money is so tight, unless there are going to be one hell of an amount of neutrals attending tickets will be on sale right up until kick off

I'd be surprised if the final attracts 40k but I will be quite happy if proved wrong

I will wait till all the glory hunters get their tickets before I venture to the stadium to get mine when there is No queue!!

Dougal