Cup Final ticket sales

jugs116

I'm a season ticketholder living in Moray and bought my final tickets online as soon as available (10am, Monday last week) to be issued by special delivery post. Does anyone know when they are actually going to get posted out?

Ticket fulfilment (i.e posting them out) for online sales and sales via the booking centre number are being handled externally.  I believe they are due to start posting tickets by the end of this week.

• Agree 1

Ticket sales may be a 'distraction' for Charlie Bannerman but they are of interest to many other fans. Good ticket sales builds interest and can produce a snowball effect. Good on Falkirk for releasing their numbers today, I wish we were not so anal about releasing sales figures

Wholeheartedly agree. Club should publish the progress of CF ticket sales.

We are a small fan base club and should be open about this. I feel that the fairweather fans wil relish the glory on the day but for whatever reason don't/won't go TCS for the less "glamorous" league games.

I would love to go to as many home games (and away games) as possible, but personal circumstances dictate otherwise. I think you will find that there will be a lot of fans who used to go to matches but for whatever reason are now living overseas who are making a trip especially for this game.

If you are suggesting that there was an element of glory hunting to a lot of fans going to the final, I think you should be careful in alienating them.

We are a small fan base club and should be open about this. I feel that the fairweather fans wil relish the glory on the day but for whatever reason don't/won't go TCS for the less "glamorous" league games.

I have been to only 5 games at TCS this season, but have managed 14 away games? Does that mean I am a glory hunter?

Our diaspora is spread throughout the world. I am sure there are plenty of people who would love to attend more games, but geography/finances dictate otherwise. It is hardly surprising that a number of those will make the effort to be part of a momentous occasion. That doesn't make them glory hunters.

• Agree 4

I realise that many people will have many reasons why they don't attend- distance, cost, poor quality pies, whatever...

While it's fantastic that the less regular are making it for the final, what would be even better imo would be if just 10% of those decided to become TCS regulars.

How about we forget the fact that many attending the final have never been to the TCS and will, in all probability not go in the future and concentrate instead on celebrating that we have, by all accounts, already sold more tickets for a match than any before in our history with two and a half weeks still to go.

• Agree 3

I have been to only 5 games at TCS this season, but have managed 14 away games? Does that mean I am a glory hunter?

Yes. I hope you return your tickets right away.

Edited by RiG

To carry on my potentially inaccurate prediction, based solely on online ticket availability...

It would appear that currently you can only buy single tickets for sections F3 and F4, with 2+ tickets bought together starting in F5. Potentially some folk buying online have bought for F6 - south stand as well, if they have chosen those areas specifically rather than 'best available'.

hampden-park-stadium-plan.gif

How about we forget the fact that many attending the final have never been to the TCS and will, in all probability not go in the future and concentrate instead on celebrating that we have, by all accounts, already sold more tickets for a match than any before in our history with two and a half weeks still to go.

Can't we multitask and do both? Seriously tho it's great what we've sold and sales are apparently still strong (which actually in an odd way is giving me a bit of a headache lol).

All I'm saying is for the long term financial stability of the club it would be fantastic if from our outstanding cup exploits a few hundred decided to make ICT part of their weekly routine.

• Agree 2

Yes. I hope you return your tickets right away.

The SFA may have helped make that choice easier with their choice of referee?

• Agree 1

I'm a season ticketholder living in Moray and bought my final tickets online as soon as available (10am, Monday last week) to be issued by special delivery post. Does anyone know when they are actually going to get posted out?

Ticket fulfilment (i.e posting them out) for online sales and sales via the booking centre number are being handled externally.  I believe they are due to start posting tickets by the end of this week.

Thanks CaleyD. The tickets arrived today! Yippeee! ... So the external ticket agency is performing well just like the club :) 

Only 10,000?  Are you serious?     What a small allocation for such an August occasion for them.

Unflattering and  a poor reflection on Falkirk isn't it.

Who do the Authorities think are going to fill Hampden with figures like that?

Huh? ... The game's this month, mate ... nae August ... just saying ;)

• Agree 1

Lets be honest it looks like we've sold the north stand and nearly half the east stand, so that's brilliant regardless how regularly people come to games.  Even if just 100-200 of that come to games more regular that can only be a good thing for us.   Theres too much of this talk of 'glory hunters' etc,  everyone has to start going to games somewhere, I know some involved with the club now who weren't even supporters 10-15 years ago.  So lets give everyone a chance eh.

Edited by Sir C the 3rd
  • Agree 2

Only 10,000?  Are you serious?     What a small allocation for such an August occasion for them.

Unflattering and  a poor reflection on Falkirk isn't it.

Who do the Authorities think are going to fill Hampden with figures like that?

Huh? ... The game's this month, mate ... nae August ... just saying ;)

An August occasion it May be for the fans who March on to the final !

• Agree 2

Ticket sales may be a 'distraction' for Charlie Bannerman but they are of interest to many other fans. Good ticket sales builds interest and can produce a snowball effect. Good on Falkirk for releasing their numbers today, I wish we were not so anal about releasing sales figures.

Clearly the current combination of European football, the Cup final and Manager of the Year has made it unprecedentedly difficult to find something to moan about!

• Agree 1

Instead of worrying about how many tickets we have told or Falkirk have sold how about drumming up some additional sales for ICT by getting family or friends to go along? Try and get as many folk involved as possible.

• Agree 3

I can do both. I'de like to know.. Just to see if we really are banding together. Is it so bad that a few of us would be keen on knowing a rough number?

Almost feels like it's being treated as taboo. I like getting a little competitive.. I like I'm/we're better from time to time.. what of it. Let's see if we're keeping up with the Bairns.. and you know some may not hear the end of it if County trounce us. Ha.

Roy MacGregor bought 10,000 then gave them away so beating county's sales will not be difficult .

Why can we not just enjoy the moment, sell as many as we can, then see what happens as this club has nothing further to prove. we are "the pride of the highlands" and are barely 21 years old

• Agree 6

I simply cannot understand why the club won't release updates of ticket sales and instead treat it as some kind of secret. There's every chance that making this information public will encourage more people to decide to go on the basis that "if they're going, then I'm going". The club should be taking every opportunity to publicise the final, every snippet of information is more column inches in the press. I would have thought a "Let's get more than County" or "Lets get more than Falkirk" campaign could only result in more sales which means more money for both clubs (Falkirk & ICT, not County!).  

I don't have an issue with glory-seekers going to the Cup Final and I think it's short sighted for people to be slagging them off for it. The chances are this is the best and possibly only chance we will ever have of winning the Cup and the possibility of getting a few hundred more regular fans as a result should be a bonus,

Maybe someone from the Club could explain why they are so secretive about ticket numbers?

• Agree 1