Cup Final ticket sales

jugs116

Wholeheartedly agree. Club should publish the progress of CF ticket sales.

We are a small fan base club and should be open about this. I feel that the fairweather fans wil relish the glory on the day but for whatever reason don't/won't go TCS for the less "glamorous" league games.

I have been to only 5 games at TCS this season, but have managed 14 away games? Does that mean I am a glory hunter?

Our diaspora is spread throughout the world. I am sure there are plenty of people who would love to attend more games, but geography/finances dictate otherwise. It is hardly surprising that a number of those will make the effort to be part of a momentous occasion. That doesn't make them glory hunters.

Wind your neck in Hawkeye. I am not decrying the supporters who don't or can't go to home games, nor the fans who are supporting Ict for the final I m just disappointed with the gates we get at home, that's all....we deserve more. 

No more negative talk, bring it home boys

Dalgety BJ are you the guy who donated funding last year for kids to attend the final, well done if its you.

Locals appreciate the fact that our local team are going to a final,I had one family keen to get a Culloden bus down to Hampden knowing that it would be a good crack bleathering to locals on the way down on a bus they could walk to, get taken straight to Hampden and it only costs £5 for the kids to get in. Sadly the bus sold out on the same day it became available. If bus prices could come down a bit again and replicate the Culloden example throughout the community then we are on to something.

Even if the initial bus allocation sells out we should be able to hire buses within a certain radius and still keep within driver working hours to keep costs down.

For all I know this could be getting discussed anyway as the club and CJT seem really proactive of late.

• Agree 1

Dalgety BJ are you the guy who donated funding last year for kids to attend the final, well done if its you.

Locals appreciate the fact that our local team are going to a final,I had one family keen to get a Culloden bus down to Hampden knowing that it would be a good crack bleathering to locals on the way down on a bus they could walk to, get taken straight to Hampden and it only costs £5 for the kids to get in. Sadly the bus sold out on the same day it became available. If bus prices could come down a bit again and replicate the Culloden example throughout the community then we are on to something.

Even if the initial bus allocation sells out we should be able to hire buses within a certain radius and still keep within driver working hours to keep costs down.

For all I know this could be getting discussed anyway as the club and CJT seem really proactive of late.

I got coach prices a week ago from Maynes of £950 (which would be £20/head). Don't know if they're still available but if this is an acceptable price and you think the demand is there I'm happy to get involved in organising. I'm already discussing with CJT and school liaison about doing the same as last year as it would be tragic if the demand was there and the only reason people wouldn't go would be for lack of transport. I don't want to step on any toes and I know CJT are doing everything they can but if some key people on this forum were to help promote it then we may indeed be able to swell the numbers.    

• Agree 4

Do we have allocation for the South Stand as well? Looking to buy a few extra tickets but only east stand available on the internet which I'm told you don't get a very good view from.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/ictfc/details/event.aspx?itemref=786

Select 'Hampden I' instead of 'Hampden F' on the drop down menu on the right, and that will give you South Stand tickets. 

Do we have allocation for the South Stand as well? Looking to buy a few extra tickets but only east stand available on the internet which I'm told you don't get a very good view from.

You get an uninterrupted view from all seats in Hampden (no pillars or obstacles) but being behind the goal in the East Stand, especially lower down, it is difficult to see how close to the goal line the action is when it's at the far end (like any other stadium). I definitely wouldn't be put off by that - the atmosphere in the East Stand will be much better!   

The East Stand is fine as long as you are high enough up.

You get an uninterrupted view from all seats in Hampden (no pillars or obstacles) but being behind the goal in the East Stand, especially lower down, it is difficult to see how close to the goal line the action is when it's at the far end (like any other stadium). I definitely wouldn't be put off by that - the atmosphere in the East Stand will be much better!   

There are seats in both east and west which have views restricted by the area provided for wheelchairs at the top/back of the stands (south end)

I got coach prices a week ago from Maynes of £950 (which would be £20/head). Don't know if they're still available but if this is an acceptable price and you think the demand is there I'm happy to get involved in organising. I'm already discussing with CJT and school liaison about doing the same as last year as it would be tragic if the demand was there and the only reason people wouldn't go would be for lack of transport. I don't want to step on any toes and I know CJT are doing everything they can but if some key people on this forum were to help promote it then we may indeed be able to swell the numbers.

That's really good of you. I don't want to stand on anyone's toes either as CJT are doing a good job. I've got prices too so we now have 2 bus companies reasonably priced on side wanting to do business with us, perhaps it would be better to subsidise 5 buses for parent and child from Culloden Academy. Charleston. Millburn.IRA and the High school. Than give a bus to someone completely free.

I think I will take a step back though as ICT do things on a big scale for all I know they may even have companies lined up willing to sponsor community buses.

Hi Guys , Falkirk Bairn here, Ive been reading your posts about ticket sales etc and some of u are right its not a competition to see who sells most its a competition to see how full BETWEEN US we can get Hampden. I appreciate travel is far more difficult for your lot ...we have an easy journey. But you are representing the Highlands and I hope along with the ICT fans other fans will join you in what could be / will be a great day. At the moment Falkirk have sold 14 000 and have requested another 2 000 .....our allocation like yours is 18 000 for the game. Id guess ICT are on about 8-10 000 which is fantastic . Im sure you will sell many more ....remember we are still over 2 weeks away. Lets show these idiots who reckon the "wee teams" cant fill Hampden ..".its going to be the lowest ever Scottish Cup Final etc etc etc" ....Sponsors allocation and neutrals have 10 000 set aside (about 200 for every team in the Scottish leagues) So between us lets aim to fill the remaining 42 000. I predict a crowd in the region of 44 000 and whether we or you have the most fans is ifrrelevant both sets of supporters will raise the roof.....Looking forward to seeing you there. BTW I dont know if ICT are doing this to promote sales but Falkirk FC have been visiting all the schools and industries in the area with the Scottish Cup to drum up sales. Why dont you get local schools to organise buses filled with £5 ticket kids too. Cheers " A Bairn"

• Agree 10

There's still a few left in the South Stand. Would say they'll all be gone today unless you're after a single seat. Our allocation for the South Stand was less than a thousand I think.

Trying to do the arithmetic here. If the South Stand upper tier is closed (very likely), and there's a few hundred empty seats for segregation, then capacity will be about 46k...18k to each club and 10k to other clubs/sponsors etc in the South Stand lower. Sound about right?.

BTW there's some high up seats in the East Stand getting sold online just now here.

Hi again yes I think the previous post is about right...Im confident the game will be near sell out. Heres a link to our Facebook page to show how we are trying to push tickets ...I think ICT will be getting the Cup next week to take round businesses etc ...I hope so. Hers to the 30th no Old Firm hatred , great atmosphere , family day out but above all a fight for that damn CUP lol.  https://www.facebook.com/falkirkfootballclub

Edited by legibroon

Ticket sales numbers? At end of the day if you're going to (re)produce it's not size that matters but sperm quality!

Pretty sure there's a masturbation joke in there somewhere, but I couldn't knock one out.

Ticket sales numbers? At end of the day if you're going to (re)produce it's not size that matters but sperm quality!

Pretty sure there's a masturbation joke in there somewhere, but I couldn't knock one out.

Well done for trying, but you just couldn't pull it off.

East Fife--Yes, once the most sought after team in Scotland  who won almost everything in sight (in Scotland) which eventually did them in--they played so many exhibition games in England that they just wore themselves out. That was a long time ago ...but true.

I saw some good football at Bayview  when I lived in Methil in my early twenties. Well, you can't win 'em all I guess.