Cup Final ticket sales

jugs116

u4QtBDY.png

This is what I think has been sold so far going by the various e-ticketing sites and Falkirk fans on other sites. Hopefully we'll sell more this week with the Cup touring the city (Falkirk = purple, ICT = red and Neutral = yellow).

Wasn't sure if it was still possible to buy North Stand tickets from our shop either, just assumed not as you can't get them online.

Edited by Guest

South Stand is completely wrong as we've not been selling tickets for the sections highlighted. We have sold out I-4 apart from a few rows at the front which were never offered.

South Stand is completely wrong as we've not been selling tickets for the sections highlighted. We have sold out I-4 apart from a few rows at the front which were never offered.

Ok, changed it.

I would also paint yellow I-5 to P-2 in the South Stand lower as those are the 10k seats allocated to other clubs, sponsors etc. South Stand upper won't be used.

I was told Falkirk had sold out their initial allocation of 1500 in the South Stand, so that must be P-4 and P-5 rather than P-1 and P-2 then. They have sold half of A-5 and P-3 now too.

KRiPUmi.png

Edited by Guest

Judging from that I think we must be around 9,000 sold for us if you take the 4,500 from the north and then if the east is 12,800 altogether and we have sold 5 sections and around half of F6 then must put us about 4000 if you work off most sections having around 800 seats in each plus the section in the south so around 9000 with hopefully breaking the 10,000 barrier and beyond with the cup up north this week. May be wrong though with odd seats still unsold in some sections   

Our tickets are for I-5 and I know a lot of others who are in this section. We're not there with sponsors. Part of allocation to season ticket holders and then through open sale to others and purchased direct from our club.

• Agree 1

If Falkirk's claim of 14k sold + the plan above are both accurate, we must be just shy of 10k sold so far. It will be good to get the cup up here and round the schools etc to drum up more support. My guesss is we'll have about 12,000 there on the day. Whatever! I wouldn't give a stuff if there were only 12 there, never mind 12,000.....so long as I'm one of them!

I just received my tickets ! They made the journey from Scotland to France. In nine days, they will come back in Scotland but, this time, I will accompagny them in their second journey.

• Agree 1

Something wrong with the online ticket sales? Seem to have stopped selling the East Stand (apart from the odd single seat) even though it's less than half full. Been like this since yesterday evening.

Something wrong with the online ticket sales? Seem to have stopped selling the East Stand (apart from the odd single seat) even though it's less than half full. Been like this since yesterday evening.

Falkirk had some issues when they ran out of tickets and had to send someone to get more from the sfa it couldn't happen with us surely with the travel involved the sfa must need to give us more

Should be rectified now.

• Agree 1

For goodness sake why can't our club just make up a press release announcing how many tickets we have sold. This information should be shared with the fans and shareholders. In fact as a shareholder I think I have a right to know.

• Agree 2

For goodness sake why can't our club just make up a press release announcing how many tickets we have sold. This information should be shared with the fans and shareholders. In fact as a shareholder I think I have a right to know.

Agreed. Just at the weekend I had someone say to me they were wanting to go to the final but thought they'd never get tickets now because they'd left it so late !!!! I of course put them right but how many other folk are thinking the same thing?

Come 3pm on the 30th everyone will know exactly how many tickets have been sold so why the secrecy?

I asked someone at the club the other day why they don't release the figures and they said it is "because they're not putting any pressure on themselves to achieve a particular target". Do they never watch Children In Need or Comic Relief? Giving an occasional update can only generate more ticket sales and is news which keeps us in the public eye.

If you don't have a target then you're never going to achieve it! Man - that sounds like some kind of business mantra which I should copyright and make a fancy poster out of with clouds and seashells on it. Can't remember what slogan was on that Athena tennis poster.....  

Some people on here are a bit obsessed about finding out about tickets, tbf why should we concern ourselves with people that have never been to a game before. If people want a ticket then they can just go and ask if they are sold out, people are trying to work out how many we have sold when do you really know how many seats are in each area. Instead of working out how many we have sold why don't you go and encourage others to go and buy tickets and then on the day you can work out how many we have sold.

• Agree 2

Some people on here are a bit obsessed about finding out about tickets, tbf why should we concern ourselves with people that have never been to a game before. If people want a ticket then they can just go and ask if they are sold out, people are trying to work out how many we have sold when do you really know how many seats are in each area. Instead of working out how many we have sold why don't you go and encourage others to go and buy tickets and then on the day you can work out how many we have sold.

Not obsessed - my point is that giving updates on ticket sales is more than likely to generate more sales. More ticket sales means more money for the club and, more importantly, an increased chance of getting a few more people to become regulars. To say we shouldn't be concerned about people that have never been to a game before is effectively saying we don't need or want any new fans. The logical conclusion of that is that, as existing fans shuffle off this mortal coil, we will eventually run out of fans and the last one out can turn off the lights. 

Some of us are doing all we can to encourage more people to get to the game which is the best chance we will ever have of increasing the fan base. It is disappointing that plenty people are not that bothered about this and keeping the number of tickets sold so far a closely guarded secret is not helping!

Edited by DalgetyBayJaggy
  • Agree 2

^This

If the club kept announcing the ticket sales then we would potentially leave ourselves open for abuse that the club doesn't need/warrant from 'crowd wankers'

The crowd will be what it will be, get as many people to Hampden and just enjoy the occasion etc.