Cup Final ticket sales

jugs116

The club's position on not declaring ticket sales is flawed and outdated. We have got much right both on and off the field but the PR side of things can still seem a bit amateurish.

It is, has been alluded to above, well recognised that regularly announcing ticket sales generates both publicity and excitement and, without doubt, generates more interest and more sales. The Children in Need running total is a good analogy.

It's not about boasting or competing with Falkirk but very straightforward marketing.

Still, we learn from mistakes and it is something we can rectify for next season's final.

• Agree 2

Totally agree, what harm can it do to publish sales figures. It builds excitement and momentum for the Final. Cannot understand why the club are so reluctant to do this as this can only generate positive publicity. It would appear we will have our biggest ever support at the Cup Final but we don't know for sure which, is quite frankly, an appaling piece of PR. This could be expoited in so many ways to help the club and grow the interest and fan base.

This could be a one off occasion or not happen again for many years so please let us make the most of this heaven sent marketing opportunity.

• Agree 3

I think it is quite obvious as to why they haven't been announced, same as the league cup final.

If we had sold 20,000 it would be all over the news and we would be shouting it from the roof tops.

As our sales look to be quite low then the club are perhaps embarrassed to anounce figures. In lving memory Gretna have had the lowest amount of fans at a final and still they were able to sell 12k I think it was.We could be in danger of having the smallest support at a final since the start of the 1900's!

Don't know if that will be the case Jo but to  stress the point again, if ticket sales on the low side, we have to try and increase. Promoting how many we have sold,if more than the League Cup final, and we will have our highest ever support for a game (which I believe we will). All positive messages that can be spun for the benefit of the club and supporters.

• Agree 1

I'm starting to think that people want us to have a low number of fans at the game so they can say they were right that's why the figures weren't announced.

As I've said before, same as caleydawson, get out there and help boost our numbers, regardless of what they are, and get more folk along to support ICT. There will not be a shortage of tickets for this game. If you want one you will almost certainly be able to get one.

• Agree 3

Look it doesn't matter how many we have in the stands it is the 11 on the pitch who will matter and if we had one person in the stands or 20,000 if we win the match the name Inverness Caledonian Thistle will still be engraved onto the trophy for the rest of history. I am just intrigued by how many we sell just out of interest and as some have said it may help having a running total to get us to sell more or it may not make a difference. On the issue of embarrassment I don't think the club should have any embarrassment over ticket sales. We are a small club with a small support but the key thing is we are still a YOUNG club and we haven't  had the generational structure that all the other major clubs have had. But I believe we must be around 10,000 looking at the sections we have sold and we still have just over another week to sell more. 

• Agree 2

Agree that there is no cause to be embarrassed no matter how few tickets we sell but there is, in my view, reason to be disappointed that we can't enthuse as many as one in six of the population of greater Inverness to make the relatively short journey to Hampden at three o'clock on a sunny late May afternoon to attend what is, on any measure, the greatest event in the history of Inverness sport when there are numerous others making the effort and very considerible expense to travel from all over the UK, and, in some cases even half way round the World to be there.

• Agree 2

We can speculate on the crowd so far. The east stand is 12,800 and there are 15 sections 7 in F and 8 in G with the last two of G smaller than the rest. Then we can take that each section must be about 900 seats. We have sold 5 for certain so 4,500 estimate plus the 4,500 in the north thats 9,000 altogether. Add half to 3/4 of F6 and about 2 and half sections of the south then we must be over 10,000 and maybe nearer if not over 11,000 but this is purely guess work and rough estimations.   

F2 for me. I still reckon we'll get at least 12,000 and that's fine by me.

Is it fine though? It's only a couple of thousand more than we took to the League Cup Final albeit the League cup final was on a Sunday

County took double what we took to their semi with Celtic and took 17-18k to their cup final against Dundee Utd

I think we will be lucky to break the 10k mark which is still a good turn out but that figure will be a mixture of a minority of Invernessians, incomers to Inverness and neutrals

Let's not kid ourselves here Invernessians wouldnt embrace ICT even if it was the Champions League Final, anyone who tries to argue with this is seriously deluded

Regardless what number of tickets we have sold our club should be disclosing the numbers as it adds to the excitement of the run up

Dougal

• Agree 1

County took double what we took to their semi with Celtic and took 17-18k to their cup final against Dundee Utd

I think we will be lucky to break the 10k mark which is still a good turn out but that figure will be a mixture of a minority of Invernessians, incomers to Inverness and neutrals

Let's not kid ourselves here Invernessians wouldnt embrace ICT even if it was the Champions League Final, anyone who tries to argue with this is seriously deluded

Regardless what number of tickets we have sold our club should be disclosing the numbers as it adds to the excitement of the run up

Dougal

County must have been counting the eyes again  :smile:

Dougal

To be fair to them, they did take over 16,000 to their cup final.

By online we are now selling tickets for F7 now with only a few rows of F6 left that have more than 2 tickets left 

How can you tell this?

I check now and then to see if it has moved section and putting in for 10 adult tickets is still offering F6 only

F2 for me. I still reckon we'll get at least 12,000 and that's fine by me.

Is it fine though? It's only a couple of thousand more than we took to the League Cup Final albeit the League cup final was on a Sunday

Dougal

This will be the largest gathering of Caley/Thistle/ICT support of all time. Take a chill Alan, go watch your old Rangers videos and listen to some Public Image.

Dougal

To be fair to them, they did take over 16,000 to their cup final.

Did Uncle Roy not buy thousands of tickets and give them to all Global staff?