Cup Final ticket sales

jugs116

You couldn't buy our semi tickets on the day.

Yes you could Sorry I wasn't aware of that I had made the assumption due to being advised where to put the flags beforehand.

So hopefully will find out what to do with the flags tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/falkirkfootballclub/photos/a.829022493774532.1073741834.143589232317865/1007814469228666/?type=1&theater <<<Disaster for Falkirk mascot..... On a lifghter note Falkirks new strip has arrived with CHILDRENS socks lol...frantically trying to get Puma to send the correct ones for Saturday or the team will be wearing ankle socks ....Good Luck ICT ...but not too much :-)

https://www.facebook.com/falkirkfootballclub

Edited by legibroon
  • Agree 1

Due to a late cancellation, have 1 return train ticket from Aberdeen, and ticket for North Stand spare.

If anyone can utilise this, can they let me know by DM.

Apologies for putting this on this forum but not sure where else to put it.

Was working up until my shift got cancelled just now. Only 3rd game of season. Went to Dundee and Dundee Utd away as it's near home.

Desperately looking for a couple of tickets. Travelling from St Andrews (Leuchars) on the train. Such a shame you are in Aberdeen Broonerz.

Gonna ring Hampden today see what the score is but if anyone has a couple spare let me know. Can meet at the ground tomorrow.

Either way I'm coming down.

Cheers.

• Agree 1

Was working up until my shift got cancelled just now. Only 3rd game of season. Went to Dundee and Dundee Utd away as it's near home.

Desperately looking for a couple of tickets. Travelling from St Andrews (Leuchars) on the train. Such a shame you are in Aberdeen Broonerz.

Gonna ring Hampden today see what the score is but if anyone has a couple spare let me know. Can meet at the ground tomorrow.

Either way I'm coming down.

Cheers.

Tickets will be on sale at Hampden tomorrow.

We've opted for hospitality as we have a number of celebrations this month, so add 2 to the ICT sales figures.

We cannae officially show club colours there but, all the same,  the scarves will be stashed out of sight and they will definitely be out on 90mins...

Strangely, I've often wondered how many fans/season ticket holders aren't going tomorrow.  Now if you're unwell or you're working abroad or you're away on holiday and you can't get out of it or something then that's fair enough.  I honestly think though there'll be a handful who go to the Caledonian Stadium every other week who aren't going because they can't be bothered.  If this match was being played in the North Pole I'd be pulling out the stops to go (preferably if I had the money and equipment to make such a trip of course!)!  Watching on TV is no consolation.

I've always had a feeling thought that there are some people who are afraid of away matches for some reason.

Strangely, I've often wondered how many fans/season ticket holders aren't going tomorrow.  Now if you're unwell or you're working abroad or you're away on holiday and you can't get out of it or something then that's fair enough.  I honestly think though there'll be a handful who go to the Caledonian Stadium every other week who aren't going because they can't be bothered.  If this match was being played in the North Pole I'd be pulling out the stops to go (preferably if I had the money and equipment to make such a trip of course!)!  Watching on TV is no consolation.

I've always had a feeling thought that there are some people who are afraid of away matches for some reason.

I can't imagine any season ticket holders aren't going due to not being bothered, there may be some who can't go due to a proper reason.

• Agree 1

After much speculation about how many we'd sell, what was the official ICT attendance on Saturday?

I've seen 14,000 as a reported figure.

I remember the 7,800 for the League Cup final and always hoped we'd be able to 'mobilise' 10,000 if we ever made the big final.

Think, it's safe to say we shattered that!!!

St. Johnstone won the cup for the first time last year and saw a 20% increase in their attendances this season - up from approx. 3,800 to around 4,600.

2013/14 2014/15   Celtic 47,000 45,000 ê Aberdeen 13,000 13,000   Dundee United  7,500 8,100 é Motherwell 5,200 4,300 ê Partick Thistle 5,000 3,800 ê St Mirren 4,500 3,900 ê Kilmarnock 4,200 4,100 ê St Johnstone 3,800 4,600 é Ross County 3,800 3,500 ê Inverness CT 3,600 3,700 é

Edited by Sneckboy
  • Agree 1

St J certainly did sell more season tickets, making a real effort to capitalise on the Cup euphoria, and I hope we do the same.

However, the reason for most of their increase, I suspect, is that they got 3 home fixtures v Celtic, as well as 2 derbies against newly promoted Dundee (plus the usual 2 home games against Utd and Aberdeen).

• Agree 1

I'm not sure how easy it would be but I hope the club sends out letters to everyone who bought a Cup ticket detailing season ticket prices to try and encourage folk to come along next season.

• Agree 1

The Cup Final attendance of 37,149 was more than most people would have expected for two "wee" teams.  If it had been just 234 people fewer, I'm sure critics in the media would have been quick to point out that it was the lowest attendance since 1921.  As it turned out, the lowest in 20 years isn't quite so bad!

• Agree 1

The Cup Final attendance of 37,149 was more than most people would have expected for two "wee" teams.  If it had been just 234 people fewer, I'm sure critics in the media would have been quick to point out that it was the lowest attendance since 1921.  As it turned out, the lowest in 20 years isn't quite so bad!

Yet the atmosphere was electric! There weren't many empty area in the lower stands. Yes the entire upper south stand wasn't for sale but I still think it proves that you don't need an Old Firm team in the final to make it a good day.

• Agree 1

Excellent attendance and atmosphere, despite all the Glasgow naysayers predictions. A fair amount of neutrals who enjoyed a £5 ticket, and many of them apparently had a great day out. Fantastic to witness the lack of rancour, the Bairns have been very sporting, saying that if they were going to lose, they were happy it was to a team and support like us.  :clapoverhead:

Contrast that to the semi final!

• Agree 3

14,000 give or take. We now have a great opportunity to quickly re-engage with the hoards of new fans by offering the opportunity to be part of the next piece of history by attending our first European match. If we can persuade half of them to make the much shorter journey to the Longman then the stadium will be packed and bouncing.

• Agree 3

Its good that there will be a lot of data stored from match tickets, bus and merchandise sales to contact fans to buy season tickets.

We even got 17 new CJT members on our bus, if flyers were available for season tickets they would have been dished out too,lol.

Im renewing my season ticket soon to guarantee buying a ticket for our European home fixture, Im pretty sure that game will be a sell out.

If we can somehow add 10% of 15,000 on to our average gate next year, i think that would be a massive success. 1500 on to the 3700 of this year would see a massive expansion in support up to 5200. Even if we were able to get just shy of 5000 it would bring so much more revenue to the club!

As it has been stated before the club needs to get writing to people about season tickets etc and taking the trophy out and about to schools and clubs like the Boys Brigade or scouts.

I also firmly believe it would be beneficial if the club held a fun day event in pre season where fans can meet players and get an official photo with the cup. This will bring people out, get them involved. Make it clear how much we valued there support at the final and how we need that throughout the season!! But this has to be done in the next month or so when there is still a 'buzz'. Not in september or something.