Cup Final ticket sales

jugs116

I think we are over 12000 maybe around 13000 but nobody knows I think yogi was right to say 15000 as we must be reasonably close but 20000 maybe ambitious if anyone knows the size of the big sections in the south we could make better estimates

The ones we're in are about 900 each.

Breakdown by stand (for number nerds like me  :smile: )

North Stand 9282 (Upper 270, Lower 9012)

West Stand 12938

East Stand 12522

South Stand 17163 (Upper 7141, Lower 10022)

Wheelchair spaces 158

Total capacity 52063

Edited by Tob

I think we are over 12000 maybe around 13000 but nobody knows I think yogi was right to say 15000 as we must be reasonably close but 20000 maybe ambitious if anyone knows the size of the big sections in the south we could make better estimates

The ones we're in are about 900 each.

Breakdown by stand (for number nerds like me  :smile: )

North Stand 9282 (Upper 270, Lower 9012)

West Stand 12938

East Stand 12522

South Stand 17163 (Upper 7141, Lower 10022)

Wheelchair spaces 158

Total capacity 52063

What section are you in tob. Looking at the breakdown of the sections sold we have sold 4,500 in the north stand and then at least 6 sections of the east with most of 7 and tickets being sold in G1. I reckon that each section apart from the last 3 of G which are smaller then the other sections are about 900 each. So that would be about 6,500 which is 11,000 and then add the south stand which must be about 1000 in the big sections and we have sold 2.5 sections plus the smaller I2 add on another 2500-3000 we are looking at about 14000 but I could be completely wrong.

What section are you in tob. Looking at the breakdown of the sections sold we have sold 4,500 in the north stand and then at least 6 sections of the east with most of 7 and tickets being sold in G1. I reckon that each section apart from the last 3 of G which are smaller then the other sections are about 900 each. So that would be about 6,500 which is 11,000 and then add the south stand which must be about 1000 in the big sections and we have sold 2.5 sections plus the smaller I2 add on another 2500-3000 we are looking at about 14000 but I could be completely wrong.

I'm in I4, roughly half way up and in line with the goals. Where are you?

I think if we'd sold every seat in the sections you mentioned 14k would be about right, but realistically it's more like 12k just now.

That is true but for occasions such as the cup final clubs from provincial towns typically manage to sufficiently engage with their community to be able to take a third or more of the population. Recent examples are St Mirren, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and, this season our own opponents the Bairns of Falkirk. It looks like we will be taking fewer than a fifth of the population of 'Greater Inverness' so there is scope to do better to come up to par.

One further consideration is that while the marginally interested might make the effort to travel 10 - 60 miles from Paisley, Kilmarnock, Falkirk or Perth, the 175 miles from Inverness will probably be a disproportionately deterring factor.

Looking at the breakdown of the sections sold we have sold 4,500 in the north stand and then at least 6 sections of the east with most of 7 and tickets being sold in G1. I reckon that each section apart from the last 3 of G which are smaller then the other sections are about 900 each. So that would be about 6,500 which is 11,000 and then add the south stand which must be about 1000 in the big sections and we have sold 2.5 sections plus the smaller I2 add on another 2500-3000 we are looking at about 14000 but I could be completely wrong.

They should have held the final in Seville!

But on a more serious note, the important next step, post-final, will be to entice even a modest proportion of what a poster less generous than myself would call the "gloryhunters" (not a term I particularly agree with) through the Caledonian Stadium turnstiles on a regular basis.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 1

I'm in I4, roughly half way up and in line with the goals. Where are you?

I think if we'd sold every seat in the sections you mentioned 14k would be about right, but realistically it's more like 12k just now.

I am in F2 and all the seats in the north have gone as has at least the first 5 with some singles left in F6 and almost singles in F7 as well  G1 is only just selling so plenty left there and both sections in the south are sold out with tickets only available in I3 atm. I2 was smaller so maybe that is sold as well but you cant get tickets for it 

That is true but for occasions such as the cup final clubs from provincial towns typically manage to sufficiently engage with their community to be able to take a third or more of the population. Recent examples are St Mirren, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and, this season our own opponents the Bairns of Falkirk. It looks like we will be taking fewer than a fifth of the population of 'Greater Inverness' so there is scope to do better to come up to par.

One further consideration is that while the marginally interested might make the effort to travel 10 - 60 miles from Paisley, Kilmarnock, Falkirk or Perth, the 175 miles from Inverness will probably be a disproportionately deterring factor.

Indeed, the drive for someone from Falkirk is about the same as someone from Inverness going to Aviemore.

• Agree 1

One further consideration is that while the marginally interested might make the effort to travel 10 - 60 miles from Paisley, Kilmarnock, Falkirk or Perth, the 175 miles from Inverness will probably be a disproportionately deterring factor.

Indeed, the drive for someone from Falkirk is about the same as someone from Inverness going to Aviemore.

Dingwall is further away, little more than a village and they had no trouble mustering a significant support.

One further consideration is that while the marginally interested might make the effort to travel 10 - 60 miles from Paisley, Kilmarnock, Falkirk or Perth, the 175 miles from Inverness will probably be a disproportionately deterring factor. Indeed, the drive for someone from Falkirk is about the same as someone from Inverness going to Aviemore.

Dingwall is further away, little more than a village and they had no trouble mustering a significant support.

I'm sure we've been over this ground. No doubt if our chairman employed thousands of people and gave them free tickets...

The C*unty thing is irrelevant. (C*ounty are irrelevant). We take as many as want to go, this is all that matters. We all have a great day out and (hopefully) celebrate together afterwards. For anyone there who wants to know numbers, I ask everybody in the ICT sections to stay still throughout the game so these people can count how many tickets have been sold.

Thanks for your co-operation.

• Agree 1

One further consideration is that while the marginally interested might make the effort to travel 10 - 60 miles from Paisley, Kilmarnock, Falkirk or Perth, the 175 miles from Inverness will probably be a disproportionately deterring factor.

The 185 mile trip didn't seem to disproportionately deter the good folk of Dingwall. Quite the reverse. Gretna also took far more than the population of the local community despite a 100 mile journey. I am not convinced that geography is a significant factor.

.......and their families - wives/sisters, brothers/uncles, kids etc.

Aye there are advantages to the inter-breeding system.

I met someone from Dingwall who said "let me introduce me to my wife and sister". Thing is, there was only one other person there...

• Agree 1

That was surely novelty factor for County and Gretna neither(wee)team had ever reached this level before, sort of a cute puppy/pat on the head thing, getting a lot of neutral support.

ICT have played in the top level for ten years now and are seen as an established team, so I don't think we get much neutral support.

Anyway i'll be there and the many thousands who make the long slow journey will surely enjoy the day out.

• Agree 2

If the stadium plan put up on P&B is right, we're on about 13,000 sold and Falkirk a making a pretty good fist of selling out the entire bottom tier of their allocation (~18k?). Assuming a few more sales before kick off and a reasonable take-up of the neutrals tickets, the stadium will be at least 80% full, which is good enough for me and proves a lot of the central belt doom-mongers wrong!

• Agree 1

....and still time for some last minute waverers to decide to go. One thing is certain, for the first time in our history the team will have the backing of more fans than we could squeeze into our own ground (even if we used Grant Street as an overspill)

If I was a millionaire I'd buy the remainders and give them out for free...but I'm not.

If we take 15000 we should be well pleased. That's more than double our stadium capacity which even when full takes substantial away support for that to happen.

Its a 3rd of the cities population. Given the amount of people who, don't follow football, don't attend games, support other teams (County, Aberdeen, Old firm and others), then 15000 is probably out maximum threshold at the moment.

People also forget that we are a young club. Just shy of 21. Can't even drink in the states yet. Therefore our support comes from the fusion of 2 older clubs and then new supporters. We don't have an ingrained generation to generation fan base. Many are 1st generation. Falkirk like many others (even county) have longer history and an deeper historical fan base. This helps boost numbers in small towns and cities I think.