Cup Final ticket sales

jugs116

Inverness has considerably more than a population of 45,000. The 'Inverness area' (as of 2013) has 79,415..probably 80,000 now.

http://www.highland.gov.uk/info/695/council_information_performance_and_statistics/165/highland_profile_-_key_facts_and_figures/2

Hence my previous reference to engaging fewer than a fifth of the population.

• Agree 1

v4hsvCU.png

If this is accurate then I would be really pleased, a lot of people would have had us down to be far less than that and also fair play to Falkirk too.

If what's accurate?

It does appear going by the online site that sales have sped up a bit in the last few days. Maybe the build up has casught the imagination of some.

When I put in 10 tickets last night and this afternoon the rows has gone down quite a bit.

If anyone needs a final push I've still got 10 seats left on 'family friendly' coach leaving Millburn Academy at 9.30. Bargain £15 return for adults and £10 for under 16s - and I've got tickets in F7 to go with those. PM me if anyone wants them.

Inverness has considerably more than a population of 45,000. The 'Inverness area' (as of 2013) has 79,415..probably 80,000 now.

http://www.highland.gov.uk/info/695/council_information_performance_and_statistics/165/highland_profile_-_key_facts_and_figures/2

Hence my previous reference to engaging fewer than a fifth of the population.

Falkirk has a population of approx 145,000 in its very small council area ....about 6 miles x 10 miles and we are taking 18 000 on the relatively short trip to Hampden nowhere near 20% of our local population so Inverness is doing really well considering the added cost and time of travel.The crowd at Hampden will still imo be over 40 000 and that does show these ridiculous doom n gloom experts who predicted 20 000 or so to be just jealous Old Firm Fans that hate the fact that 2 wee teams are there and they ARENT. I think the poor uptake of neutral tickets to be more indicative of the partisan nature of football esp in Glasgow...anybody complaining of no football to go to this weekend should be at HAMPDEN in the neutral sections if they truly love football

• Agree 7

v4hsvCU.png

If this is accurate then I would be really pleased, a lot of people would have had us down to be far less than that and also fair play to Falkirk too.

If what's accurate?

It does appear going by the online site that sales have sped up a bit in the last few days. Maybe the build up has casught the imagination of some.

When I put in 10 tickets last night and this afternoon the rows has gone down quite a bit.

The picture that PumpFake put up of the predicted ticket sales. I'm just saying that if that is an accurate reading of our ticket sales then I'm really pleased is what I'm saying.

I suspect that a good few more tickets would have been sold, especially to neutrals, if the national public service broadcaster and the Weegie press gave a little more oxygen to the annual showpiece event and a bit less to a routine league play off match. Who would have thought so many journalists were so obsessed with Motherwell........

• Agree 4

No tickets available to buy online now. Will they be available to buy in Glasgow on matchday?

I don't think so, which means the cut off point is some time tomorrow

Where did you hear that?

I would have been almost certain with 10,000 + tickets left they would be on sale on the day. They usually are from the portocabins behind the West Stand for Scotland games that aren't sold out so don't see why Saturday should be any different.

I know this is being discussed but does anyone know for sure if you can buy on the day for our end?

I'm not local so can't collect from the stadium, will be 50/50 if I can go but don't want to end up in the neutral area.

• Agree 1

My local fish van man in Drakies was saying today that 3 of his older lady customers that have never been to a football match before are going, hope they enjoy it!

• Agree 2

I know this is being discussed but does anyone know for sure if you can buy on the day for our end?

I'm not local so can't collect from the stadium, will be 50/50 if I can go but don't want to end up in the neutral area.

I would imagine almost certainly you will be able to.

Worst case the neutral section is in the same stand as we are anyway so nothing stopping you sitting in among our fans bit. They aren't going to cordon off a nuetral section.