Cup Final ticket sales

jugs116

By online we are now selling tickets for F7 now with only a few rows of F6 left that have more than 2 tickets left 

How can you tell this?

I check now and then to see if it has moved section and putting in for 10 adult tickets is still offering F6 only

Change the "Best Available" tab to F7. I think we've still got quite a lot to sell in F6 though.

Edited by Guest

Dougle, I believe it was Rocky who posted somewhere that 10,000 tickets were bought and given away. How much did their transport cost ?

On top of that they were well supported by their ICT supporting neighbours who wanted County to win as they were representing the Highlands.

Are County fans noble enough to return the support.

I was speaking to Mikey Diamond in the Cairngorm in Aviemore, whilst watching Counties final, he wished them well and wanted to see a  Highland team to lift the cup. RIP Mikey.

Anyway its a new dawn.

County took double what we took to their semi with Celtic and took 17-18k to their cup final against Dundee Utd

I think we will be lucky to break the 10k mark which is still a good turn out but that figure will be a mixture of a minority of Invernessians, incomers to Inverness and neutrals

Let's not kid ourselves here Invernessians wouldnt embrace ICT even if it was the Champions League Final, anyone who tries to argue with this is seriously deluded

Regardless what number of tickets we have sold our club should be disclosing the numbers as it adds to the excitement of the run up

Dougal

County must have been counting the eyes again  :smile:

To be fair to them, they did take over 16,000 to their cup final.

Did Uncle Roy not buy thousands of tickets and give them to all Global staff?

Yes

Well done to all those involved in organising the buses. It must be a nightmare, but it must be one of the biggest contributing factors in encouraging people to travel down to Hampden from the highlands. Thanks to all of you.

• Agree 2

I seem to recollect Livingston having a ticker on their website at one time for the number of season tickets they'd sold.  Why can't we do that?  What about every couple of days announcing the number?  That would drum up interest constantly.  Even if they didn't want to announce the numbers, they could say "We're with 20 of 12,000 etc., the person to buy the 12,000th ticket wins a shirt!".  That'd get people interested.  And anyway, why the big secret?  Granted the amount doesn't really matter, but if we did announce it, would lose potential sales?  No.  If we didn't?  Potentially.  We've got nothing to lose by making the numbers public and potentially something to gain.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 4

Personally, I don't really care how many fans we take as those that will be there, myself included, will have a huge memory of the day ICT lift their first national trophy :crazy: . However, there will be local people who are starting to realise the significance of this event as shops start to put on displays, press coverage increases and the shop opens in the market. They may be swithering on whether to go to the final and if they know x thousand tickets already sold, it might, just might encourage more people to but tickets. Peoiple may not know that jkids can go for a fiver or that their travel is subsidised so ant postive media information that the club can spin is bound to help ticket sales.

I am genuinely not having a pop at the club but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to attract more/new fans. As we start to reach more finals, the novelty aspect will wear off (!!) but if you can say you attended the first Scottish Cup final that ICT got to, and saw them lift the cup, then you will be part of history.

• Agree 5

SFA have sold about 300 of the 750 tickets available for the Switzerland section. We're now selling F7 in the East Stand and there's not too many left in the South Stand. Think if we sell all the seats in the sections we're currently selling there will be about 13k of us there. With Falkirk's 18k and all the comps we'll be close on 40k total. As someone said earlier, that's no bad for a game between ICT and Falkirk.

• Agree 1

Seemingly only the chairman knows the actual figure and he's not telling anyone else.  Again, why the big secret?  It's a bit silly IMO.  I don't believe the club have any reason to embarrassed by how many they've sold, but the fact it's radio silence on this front, gives the impression that they are.

Its hardly a big deal.

Its going to be a great day out anyway so Im not looking for for things to moan about.

Sales have been steady and now that we are down to our last section the moaning will start about not getting tickets and that's not a direct dig at you renegade

• Agree 1

Its hardly a big deal.

Its going to be a great day out anyway so Im not looking for for things to moan about.

Sales have been steady and now that we are down to our last section the moaning will start about not getting tickets and that's not a direct dig at you renegade

Eh? What last section. There are 6 or 7 empty sections. They aren't going to cut off selling tickets when there's thousands left...

Its hardly a big deal.

Nobody will be moaning about not getting tickets, there will be tickets for everybody who wants one.

As I point out every time this subject comes up.  The club have never (to my recollection) issued advance ticket sales figures...be they good, bad or indifferent.

People can agree or disagree with that policy, but it's clearly not one driven by the actual sales figure....whatever it be.

FWIW, I'd do away with all publication of match attendance figures as it only serves to fuel the unhealthy obsession people have with them in this country.  It must be the single most analysed "stat" in football....and it has least relevance to the actual game.

• Agree 7

Its hardly a big deal.

Nobody will be moaning about not getting tickets, there will be tickets for everybody who wants one. As we are all pulling figures out of the air then its hard to disagree.

However if 10,000 have been set aside for neutrals,there's also hospitality and free tickets for sponsors etc will fill up all those seats around the podium. Then how many blocks will actually be left?

If 4,000 suddenly want tickets will they get them

Its hardly a big deal.

Nobody will be moaning about not getting tickets, there will be tickets for everybody who wants one.As we are all pulling figures out of the air then its hard to disagree.

However if 10,000 have been set aside for neutrals,there's also hospitality and free tickets for sponsors etc will fill up all those seats around the podium. Then how many blocks will actually be left?

Sorry but it seems you've just made all that up. 1 section and one of the tiny sections are on sale to neutrals. That 1,000 max. It had been mentioned 300 have been sold there.

There will be literally thousands of spare seats on the day. You haven't answered how it is our last section we are on? Thats simply not true.

Also I think people overstate the sponsors and comp tickets. At countys final they announced about 17k tickets sold. Dundee utd announced about 29k. The crowd was 47k. Not the huge amount of sponsor tickets mentioned here. similar story for last year.

As I point out every time this subject comes up.  The club have never (to my recollection) issued advance ticket sales figures...be they good, bad or indifferent.

The club have also never reached the Scottish Cup Final !

Personally I am not clamouring to know, i just hope the figures are healthy and that everyone enjoys their day out. However, I also dont see what the issue is to give an update. Its not really protected commercial info as we will know soon enough so unless the figures are really bad (which I doubt) then it should all be viewed as positive PR.  

• Agree 1

Its hardly a big deal.

Nobody will be moaning about not getting tickets, there will be tickets for everybody who wants one.As we are all pulling figures out of the air then its hard to disagree.

Sorry but it seems you've just made all that up. 1 section and one of the tiny sections are on sale to neutrals. That 1,000 max. It had been mentioned 300 have been sold there.

There will be literally thousands of spare seats on the day. You haven't answered how it is our last section we are on? Thats simply not true.

Also I think people overstate the sponsors and comp tickets. At countys final they announced about 17k tickets sold. Dundee utd announced about 29k. The crowd was 47k. Not the huge amount of sponsor tickets mentioned here. similar story for last year. Fair point Joe you obviously have a lot more information to hand than the rest of us who are just going by what's already been posted.

You don't need information to hand to know this game won't sell out. It's common sense.

Also there has not been 10k sponsors and comp tickets at any final. There won't suddenly be at this. Ross county v Dundee utd is a perfect example. Looks like there was about 2k sponsors there.

This argument reminds me of these competitions in primary school latrines where people clamoured to see who had *****d furthest up a wall. I didn't bother then, certainly don't now. We'll have loads of people there shouting us on and if they have a good day that's literally all that matters. Crowd figures? whatever.

• Agree 3

Its hardly a big deal.

Nobody will be moaning about not getting tickets, there will be tickets for everybody who wants one. As we are all pulling figures out of the air then its hard to disagree.

I notice you can look at the sections for the neutrals area and see exactly how many seats have been sold. Around the 300 marks looks correct. So with a week to go you probably won't see more than 1,000 tickets sold for that section if that. Certainly no where near 10,000.

http://www.scottishfa.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/standAndAreaSelection.aspx?stadium=HP&product=SCF15&type=H&

I Did get section F7 but if i put 10 in now i get F6 again so who knows  

Possibly because that's where there are 10 seats in one row.

Seemingly only the chairman knows the actual figure and he's not telling anyone else.  Again, why the big secret?  It's a bit silly IMO.  I don't believe the club have any reason to embarrassed by how many they've sold, but the fact it's radio silence on this front, gives the impression that they are.

I cant for the life of me understand this unhealthy obsession with ticket sales. there will be as many fans on the day as want to go and that's all that's important. As for the 'big secret' we are a private limited company who are not obliged to publish a complete breakdown of our income so perhaps the reason is that the company don't want others to know such things.