Message from Caleyjagstogther re Final Buses

27 buses are running. Yes it will be a record.

Plus 2 buses hired by Dalgetty bay Jaggie.

More buses coming from Moray and all the private ones.

Of course but Kingsmill was asking about the official supporters ones.

• Agree 1

27 buses are running. Yes it will be a record.

Plus 2 buses hired by Dalgetty bay Jaggie.

More buses coming from Moray and all the private ones.

Of course but Kingsmill was asking about the official supporters ones.

Indeed he was.

• Agree 1

Show off.

I don't know how many are planning to drive to the Blacksmiths but car users have permission to park in the Culloden clinic carpark for the day. As you exit the roundabout, Blacksmiths is on left carpark is immediately to the right. Entry opposite the library (parking at owners risk)

Roughly how soon after the game will they be heading back? And where from? Bus 9 if that helps.

Best check with your bus convener but all buses should be parked at Hampden.

I'm driving down, any advice on car parking near Hampden?.

I find if you go up the Polmadie Road, just north of the M74 there's loads of street parking, an easy getaway right onto the Mway after the game.

I still don't believe all the guff about them taking you through the courts for parking at Asda mind. If it ever gets that far, and it won't, just tell the Sheriff that £80 or whatever it is, is unreasonable for 3 hours parking and offer them a tenner. It's not a fine after all, it's a "parking charge".

Edited by TheMantis

I find if you go up the Polmadie Road, just north of the M74 there's loads of street parking, an easy getaway right onto the Mway after the game.

I still don't believe all the guff about them taking you through the courts for parking at Asda mind. If it ever gets that far, and it won't, just tell the Sheriff that £80 or whatever it is, is unreasonable for 3 hours parking and offer them a tenner. It's not a fine after all, it's a "parking charge".Offer nothing and speak to no one. The threat of an increasing fine goes up and up but the amount to claim in court is actually not that big. If you don't want nasty letters park somewhere else.

If every fan parks in Asda then no one can buy any shopping. That's why the (threat) is there.

Edited by 12th Man

Hope the buses are staying if we lift the trophy and applaud the boys round the stadium

Surely they will!?

Yes they will certainly allow time to see the trophy lifted etc

Incidentally, I see all the Megabuses from Inverness to Glasgow that arrive in good time for kick off are all full (the one that arrives at 1440 is still available).  I believe the trains are full as well.

I still don't believe all the guff about them taking you through the courts for parking at Asda mind. If it ever gets that far, and it won't, just tell the Sheriff that £80 or whatever it is, is unreasonable for 3 hours parking and offer them a tenner. It's not a fine after all, it's a "parking charge".

[Thanks Mantis/quote]

I'm not sure how they assess how many will be on each train when they are not allowing reservations.  People will have open returns which allows them to travel there and back on any train and not a specific one.  Hope I manage to get a seat because I'll be standing all afternoon!

I'm 99% certain there is a football train leaving at 855 on Saturday morning (not on the timetable) It's not been advertised but as they are expecting a lot of folk for the scheduled service, its kind of like the overspill train if you like. Normal fares. I believe it's the same for the way home although I have no estimated time for that. 7 coaches.

I also believe there will be a queuing system for the trains.