New strip for the final.

forresjags

As we are officially the Home team on the 30 May I assume we get the option of wearing our home strip.  To mark the occasion and make some extra money what would be the chances of rushing through a Red & Blue STRIPED Cup Final shirt. 

Appreciate the home shirt is only a year old and they go round in 2 year cycles, but our first Scottich Cup Final should be recognised as a major milestone and the 'Cup Final shirt' would become something of a collectors item.

Could the club make this happen or have we missed a golden opportunity.

Most teams will embroider cup final text around or under the logo ... that might be a better option (if possible). Our current strip got us this far .... lets complete the job with it !!! Besides, perish the thought, but if we actually lose the final then we will never be able to wear stripes again !!!

There's plans to have a Limited Edition shirt with embroidery...as per the final last season.

Will get info out on it as soon as possible.

Any idea when we should expect info on it?

While I like the idea of bring back stripes, releasing a shirt to cash in is a terrible idea.

I always associate this special strip / cashing in notion with that bloody maroon top that Scotland had for one game away to Georgia back in McLeish's days as manager.

We all know how that worked out.  :amazed:

There's plans to have a Limited Edition shirt with embroidery...as per the final last season.

Yeah....as soon as possible.  :wink:

I've heard it been rumoured on a couple of occasions now that we will be bringing out a new home and away shirt every season starting this year.

I really hope this rumour is untrue as i feel it would be exploiting the family fanbase somewhat.

I've heard it been rumoured on a couple of occasions now that we will be bringing out a new home and away shirt every season starting this year.

I really hope this rumour is untrue as i feel it would be exploiting the family fanbase somewhat.

We have always changed ONE shirt every year alternating between home/away giving each shirt a two-year lifespan. I think most fans would be up in arms if we were to change both every year or to exploit them in other ways like completely changing the strip for a one-off game.

Fortunately I believe we have good people at our club who would not do this .... so this rumour sounds like a load of BS !   

• Agree 3

Yeah....as soon as possible.  :wink:

I'm not sure my Credit Card can wait much longer

:crazy:

I think I may need to be buying a new shirt after all - just dug out my favourite red and blue stripes and it's a bit (ahem) tight shall we say - well ok, I can't get it on!!! :blush:

Edited by CaleyCanary

I think I may need to be buying a new shirt after all - just dug out my favourite red and blue stripes and it's a bit (ahem) tight shall we say - well ok, I can't get it on!!! :blush:

I have the same problem....annoying as feck that clothes shrink so much with time.

• Agree 2

I asked a couple of days ago in the Victorian market shop and the girl told me the strips would be on sale the Monday before the final, presumably somewhere around the same price as last year

That's what I was told too.

Do you know if they be available online?

That's what I am wondering seeing as I live in NI.

I'm in the same boat. I live in Leeds so doubt it would get delivered before I head up to Glasgow for the final but would still like to buy one if possible 

Looking to buy one of these, although what size should I be getting?  Got the last home top in small and even that was slightly too big!  I'm a 37ish" chest so I'm assuming a junior 38 size top would be the one?