Caley Thistle Score New Victorian Market Shop

CaleyD

If the Yes Campaign can continue to have a shop in town six months after the referendum (which then moved into bigger premises), I'd like to think that ICT could at least maintain some sort of presence.

Depends on rent and running costs and if it's worthwhile for the club.

The Yes shop is fully funded by people.

If the Yes Campaign can continue to have a shop in town six months after the referendum (which then moved into bigger premises), I'd like to think that ICT could at least maintain some sort of presence.

Cost in rent and rates is the big problem here. Hence the reason a unit  is available for this short lease and that its being paid for by common good fund.

Apparently The Celtic Shop wanted to move to that unit in June but we got in there before them on a temporary basis and they're raging that the walls were painted blue. GIRU them, again.

Edited by Row S
  • Agree 1

Apparently The Celtic Shop wanted to move to that unit in June but we got in there before them on a temporary basis and they're raging that the walls were painted blue. GIRU them, again.

Celtic shop has closed down I believe, due to the rate increases in the Eastgate.

Celtic shop has closed down I believe, due to the rate increases in the Eastgate.

Glorious news.

It would be a kindhearted gesture for ICT to send Josh Meekings down to give them a hand clearing it out.

• Agree 2

A press release from today:

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have announced they will start selling tickets for the William Hill Scottish Cup final with Falkirk from the Victorian market shop.

The club will also be selling tickets for Saturday’s SPFL Premiership match with Dundee United from the city centre base.

It’s party time on Saturday, with European football next season in the bag.  Under 16’s go FREE and tickets can be bought for £10 with any shop purchases.

• Agree 1

What are the opening times on Saturday? I'm in Inverness city center (but unable to attend the game annoyingly), so would love to pop in and get some bits and bobs ahead of the final.

Popped in about 3.30 today whilst in town and the shop had at least 10 customers in buying flags, foam fingers and scarfs. Frustratingly, there was also a guy who wanted to buy a strip (large) but they only had xxxl size tops.

Lots of interest from tourists and I saw loads of families walking about with merchandise during the day. Winner.

Edited by RossP

Great if the Victorian Market Shop became a permanent shop, or at least a premises could be sought for the summer months at least to target the tourists that flood into town

One thing for sure due to the location of Caledonian Stadium the tourist trade is not being targeted as much as it should

Dougal

Great idea Dougle at least for the Summer months and compete with the whisky and tartan shops for the tourist trade. The staff would be the best to offer advice on that one if its viable.

In reality though I don't know how much stock would have to be sold just to break even. Perhaps it would be nice to see the shop still on the go during the European cup matches. We will not only want to fill up the home end but also claim some of the away end too. Like the Div 1 match against St Johnstone.

• Agree 1

Its the first time I have seen the shop today and just wanted to say what an excellent job everyone has done pulling that together. A really professional job, well impressed, its a decent size shop and it was mobbed, a big thumbs up to the council for the free shop in a prominent place and to all the staff.

More and more shops are coming on board and promoting ICT too.

Yes same here, first time I'd been in this morning. Good selection of stuff, pleasant staff and it was also pretty busy. Well done to all involved in setting it up and running it.