Proctor

L_G

Nice lad yes but he is NOT prem league standard and never will be. He proved that with his displays at DU.

Seemed to do fine when he was playing for us... and if ICT took a chance on him, I guarantee he would work his *** off whenever he got a chance.  At United he was under intense scrutiny and was playing for a team that was falling to pieces under Brewster, he is a young lad and versatile which is extremely useful.  I'd take him back in a second if he was going for free (or a nominal fee), I can't think of one bad performance he had for us and also managed to get his name on the score sheet on a few occasions.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice lad yes but he is NOT prem league standard and never will be. He proved that with his displays at DU.

Seemed to do fine when he was playing for us... and if ICT took a chance on him, I guarantee he would work his *** off whenever he got a chance.  At United he was under intense scrutiny and was playing for a team that was falling to pieces under Brewster, he is a young lad and versatile which is extremely useful.  I'd take him back in a second if he was going for free (or a nominal fee), I can't think of one bad performance he had for us and also managed to get his name on the score sheet on a few occasions.

Sorry Harry but he has never given me any confidence and if we have another wage available we should spend it elsewhere.

I think you would be extremely lucky to find any 22 yr old player with SPL experience that is available on a free transfer, and willing to move to Inverness. Especially one that can cover as many positions as Proctor can...  Donald Park (best possible judge of potential EVER.. ) thought highly of Proctor and that's good enough for me...  :021:

Get him signed up  :005:

Guest Arab4Ever

Daily Ger

Levein is bang out of order the way he has treated some of his players... Proctor included.  I hope he moves back to us on a free and scores against the ****!

Just read the article and come to the conclusion you speak so much ***** its unbelievable. If players have a crap attitude in training or simply arnt good enough there is no reason that the manager should offer them a new contract or keep them on. Levein is in fact doing them a favour by telling them they may leave now if they can but also telling them if they choose to stay they will still be in with a chance of playing. I know some of you lot have taken a set against Utd and tried to start a wee rivalry thing (dunfermline tried to do the same with aberdeen, quite cute il admit though) but the way you can twist a story is laughable :015:

Anyway Proctor - good player, **** attitude, hes yours :022:

:012: :012: :012:

eh... NO

Levein has said... you can go on a free...  or maybe not, depending on our injuries!  How does he expect to get the best out of a player if that is his attitude? Before hand he had slagged Proctor to the press after his second week in charge :017:

As for rivalries... I couldn't give a fcuk about United, there was some well deserved abuse directed at Brewster when he was at the club but now I'm happy for you lot to go on about past successes.. while not realising you are languishing down at the bottom of the table having spent the most money in the SPL next to the OF.

Just shows how little you know about the player, if anything can be said about Proctor it is: good attitude, not reached potential yet.  He always gave his all when he played for ICT and if anything that reflects how poor a manager you must have if he can't get the same out of him.

I'm with you chipper, he has a part to play for us. One of his best performances for us was when he deputised for the suspended Rossco at Clyde, the game that sorted the First division championship for us.  Clyde tried to take him on but got no change out of him, he was very unfortunate with the penalty decision, but sttill had a great game. He is ok, and can only improve.

Have to agree Mannie.  The Clyde game was his finest hour.  A fine utility player with right back where he is best.  COuld still have a role to play in the same way he did before.

Guest Suspicious Mind

Proctor will only become available if the Grocer does the honourable thing (must be first time for everything), pays the remainder of the fee we are due and reaches a settlement with the lad. It is not his fault that the new manager doesn't fancy him!

All this pi$h about is attitude is unacceptable as anyone who has viewed the kid play, train or represent ICT knows he is nothing but professional. If there is a problem the play lays at Tannadump and not Proctor. Levein shows his total lack of class by trying to dishearten the boy publically, undermine his confidence and try to get him to walk without compensation. He has adapted to the role of the Grocer's apprentice very readily.

From our perspective, if we get what we're due, the lad is worth another shot if he is willing to accept that his role will be similar to before and the inflated wages available at the corner shop are not our style, then grab him.

Guest Arab4Ever

Proctor will only become available if the Grocer does the honourable thing (must be first time for everything), pays the remainder of the fee we are due and reaches a settlement with the lad. It is not his fault that the new manager doesn't fancy him!

Why should we fit all the terms together just to benefit ICT. This is Dundee United and we are not a charity. If ICT were wanting him enough I am sure you could have met us halfway. And assuming the money we owe you is appearance based (which most likely it is) then why should we pay it if he doesnt reach the right number of appearances.

Levein shows his total lack of class by trying to dishearten the boy publically, undermine his confidence and try to get him to walk without compensation. He has adapted to the role of the Grocer's apprentice very readily.he is willing to accept that his role will be similar to before and the inflated wages available at the corner shop are not our style, then grab him.

What a crock of ****. Levein was doing whats best for United first and secondly David. By agreeing to let David leave early he was doing him a favour at the same time as well as knocking about 52k off the yearly United wage bill. Then when Mair was crocked he had to change his mind. Hes hardly going to let Proctor toddle off and leave the team with no defensive cover. Craig and ET will do whats best for us, not ICT.

And as for "Trying to dishearten the boy publically" anyone with an ounce of ******* sense knows he didnt set out to "stab" him in the back and for fucks sake hes a footballer, not an 8 year old boy :015: :015:

Guest kingkojak

I'm with you chipper, he has a part to play for us. One of his best performances for us was when he deputised for the suspended Rossco at Clyde, the game that sorted the First division championship for us.  Clyde tried to take him on but got no change out of him, he was very unfortunate with the penalty decision, but sttill had a great game. He is ok, and can only improve.

ffs. he might have had one good game a few years ago in the first division but he hasnt made the step up...  we need defensive cover but proctor isnt the man

Guest Spectre

Well I agree there's no reason for DU do anything other than act in its own financial and commercial interests, but frankly it's ridiculous to say to a player 'you're free to go' then a week later oh no we need you after all, and even more ridiculous to conduct that sort of dicsussion through the media.

Brewster seemed to be asked by the Grocer to tell his 5 high earners to take reserve football or get out with compensation.

I have to agree with those who feel Dundee United appear to have an unusual way of motivating staff.

Let's hope we scrape it tomorrow and maybe exploit such a weakness.

Should be interesting to see if Procter is in the squad.

ffs. he might have had one good game a few years ago in the first division but he hasnt made the step up...  we need defensive cover but proctor isnt the man

No, it wasn't his only good game, but it was the one which stood out. I am prepared to give him a chance, I thought he did nothing unusually wrong, unlike some people who are willing to savage him for no reason other than they have heard he is not good enough.

Live and let live.

Craig Brewster took Proctor to UTD because, 

1- he is versitle and can play in several positions

2- he rates him highly

3- he has a great attitude

4- FACT

That Arab4aweewhiley will be thinking you're ICT ralphey  :015: :015: :015: :015:

Guest Arab4Ever

You'll know in a day or two, let's see if Arab4acoupleofdays takes the bait first  :015:

Eh? What Ralphie said is correct but things change and Levein obviously isnt pleased with Proctor's attitude and Levein happens to know perhaps 4 times more about football than you and me combined.

And I thought we had been over this arab4day thing? I live in Inverness and have been to about 20 Utd games this season. That equates to roughly 5500 miles travelled this season. You live in Lothian, are you coming up to the game tommorow?

And for reference guys the arab4aday thing stems from my lack of knowledge about my team 50 years ago :015: :015:

Being a voyeur, I agree with Mantis :010:

4ever has been on here touting a team he has not yet researched, I have found ICT fans with more knowlege of his team.

But, fair play to 4, he has stayed on the site and bitten back. I thought DUFC had no site to pester, as he continually posts on here, maybe he is bored or just an ICT fan.......................

Guest Arab4Ever

Being a voyeur, I agree with Mantis :010:

4ever has been on here touting a team he has not yet researched, I have found ICT fans with more knowlege of his team.

But, fair play to 4, he has stayed on the site and bitten back. I thought DUFC had no site to pester, as he continually posts on here, maybe he is bored or just an ICT fan.......................

Right, as I stated earlier I didnt know that Walter Smith played for United (back when Jesus was an apprentice). Where else have I shown a lack of revision and preperation sir?

I expect there are whistle fans who know more about United than me. As most ICT fans are Hun, Tim and Dons refugees there is bound to be a few ex-arab turncoats too. Actually I do know 1 or 2.