Good Luck

Dealwithit

Falkirk Bairn here is peace. 

Good luck to you in the final. 

I think it is going to be a much better occasion than the hacks are making out. We are underdogs but certainly if you underestimate us you will get it tough. 

I think there will be near 40,000 there. 

All the best. 

COYB

(sorry couldn't resist)

• Agree 2

It's going to be a cracker, Dealwithit! The authorities may not like it because 2 "unglamorous" have earned the right to compete for the cup, but that is they clearly have a problem with the definition of "glamour". Two good footballing teams will go head to head on 30th May. May the best team (ICT!!) win. Can't wait!

Falkirk Bairn here is peace. 

Good luck to you in the final. 

I think it is going to be a much better occasion than the hacks are making out. We are underdogs but certainly if you underestimate us you will get it tough. 

I think there will be near 40,000 there. 

All the best. 

COYB

(sorry couldn't resist)

Thanks,

Love your Wheel & Kelpies!

I don't think there can be clear favourites in this one!

ICT were often giant killers in the cups so we didn't mind being the under dogs.

It should be a great occasion.

Hi wee Bairn do you fancy  sticking on your forum, to take some picts of our fans and we could do the same. We have a  175 strong balloon display so it should be pretty impressive and would be a shame to miss it.

never really had any issue with Falkirk. The last ever game at Brockville, which was between Falkirk and ICT and had Hughes in the managerial dugout for them was my last game before emigrating and I have fond memories of us beating them 3-2 with goals from Bobby Mann (1 credited to Davie Nicholls who sliced it into his own net from a free kick, and 1 from a superb free kick where there was no doubt. Bobby of course would no doubt say "Meh Goal" to both) and the winner from Charlie Christie.

After a season where we had fought it out fiercely but they had simply been the better side over the course of the year (dont  think they lost at home that year until the last day) it was a great finale. Falkirk were of course denied rightful promotion to the top flight (for the second time) because the beaks would not let them groundshare while they built a new stadium .... something they allowed after a fight for Caley Thistle just a year later. 

I am surprised that more has not been made of the Falkirk connection to Hughes who is in their top 5 managers for games managed (regardless of the conflicting figures on different sites).

I am looking forward to this despite not being able to make the journey and despite Willie Collum being the referee. I really hope we do not underestimate Falkirk in the slightest as we have had some real ding dong battles over the years and as we know ourselves, the top clubs in the championship can certainly go toe to toe with premiership sides, especially in a one-off game for all the marbles !

• Agree 3

Hughes left Falkirk in the ****. His alleged parting shot to The Chairman and CEO at the time was disgraceful. 

The brains IMO at ICT is Latapy. That was how it was at Falkirk and is no surprise now at ICT. Falkirk started our downward spiral when Russell retired. 

We should have given Russell the job instead of Holt a couple of years back. 

Houston is very canny and will have us well prepared. Whether he has the firepower is open to question with John Baird and Mark Kerr Cup tied. Loys fitness is vital IMO.

Sibbald has scored three winning goals in this cup run. I he could have him name on the cup. Local lad, been with the club since he was in short pants and it would be a fitting way to leave for the bigger club he is destined for. Check out his goal at Tyncastle - our third. 

The last ever game at Brockville was the first ever arrival of the Highland Marchers - they treated us really well on what was big party day for them! Left me with fond memories of Brockville and the Falkirk fans and I'm delighted we're getting to share our first ever SC final day with them.

Party time - bring it on...

:dancing: 

• Agree 1