Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO

TEXT
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW
Tweets by @ICTFC

Can't make the game today, and listening on OAM and following twitter. Still waiting for OAM to announce Meekings goal around 10 minutes after twitter has announced.  Unbelievably useless coverage on OAM - they can't even check the scores on the screen.

• Agree 1

Brilliant result! Topping-up our record points tally and injury & suspension free..just the minefield to get through next week before the big one!!!

Next's weeks result doesn't matter - if we can keep all our players on the field, we''ll be in great shape for the final!

Yes, a very satisfying last match at home.  Sounds as though we were well on top in the second half.  Well done to all concerned.  Hope there were no injuries, and maybe more to the point I hope we manage to get through next week's match injury free too.  That will be more difficult as I am sure Celtic will be well up for revenge, and probably not too worried how they exact it.

Bizarre first goal. Presumably over the line (as it was given) but at the time I thought it was a handball and a clearly denied goal scoring opportunity so a red card.

3 great saves from Ryan to keep us in the game too so all credit to him!

Great to have final win of season 3-0.

To be honest we weren't at our best so encouraging to think we can up our play still.

A decent result would be great pre cup final but obviously not essential.

Seriously an amazing season!

Well done all.

• Agree 1

Great for Gary Warren to grab one today - a chance for a wee celebration to make up for the final disappointment. Doran and Vincent excellent today. Nick Ross made an impact too. Great to have so much competition for places!

The free sombreros and beach balls were a great idea. Well done ICT and thanks for a truly memorable season....and still the big one to come!

• Agree 5

Can't make the game today, and listening on OAM and following twitter. Still waiting for OAM to announce Meekings goal around 10 minutes after twitter has announced.  Unbelievably useless coverage on OAM - they can't even check the scores on the screen.

In that case you haven't been listening properly. I have just checked a recording of the programme and Scott Davie's announcement of the goal and scorer comes within seconds of the ball hitting the net - and that despite the fact that the confusing nature of the goal with the hand ball etc made it more difficult to call than most.

I see that your post is timed at 4:23. According to my records, the announcement came at 4:13.

Bizarre first goal. Presumably over the line (as it was given) but at the time I thought it was a handball and a clearly denied goal scoring opportunity so a red card.

I suspect the ref's reasoning may have been -

* Not a red card because a goal scoring opportunity wasn't denied.

* Not a yellow card for deliberate hand ball because the contact took place when the ball was across the line - in other words was dead.

* But a yellow card for unsporting behaviour since the intent to prevent a goal was there.

Not that optimistic about next week then?

...or the week after?

...on second thoughts I think that's PerthICT's prediction for the final  :smile:

Edited by CaleyCanary

Ryan Esson back to his best today. Probably man of the match.

Vincent and Doran both impressed and played their way into contention for the final IMO. We made Dundee United look very average at times, no mean feat. (aided by some horrendous finishing from Ciftci!)

I hope Hughes gives Kink, Polworth, Tremarco, Horner, MacKay and the rest of the fringe guys a run out at Celtic Park next week. Firstly, they deserve it. Secondly, we obviously don't our first 11 picking up injuries or red cards ahead of the final.

• Agree 1

Not that optimistic about next week then?

...or the week after?

...on second thoughts I think that's PerthICT's prediction for the final :smile:

Lol that would be nice.

What I really meant was final HOME win of the season!!

And I totally understand the yellow card. If it hadn't been over the line I believe it would have been Red!!

Ryan Esson back to his best today. Probably man of the match.

Vincent and Doran both impressed and played their way into contention for the final IMO. We made Dundee United look very average at times, no mean feat. (aided by some horrendous finishing from Ciftci!)

I hope Hughes gives Kink, Polworth, Tremarco, Horner, MacKay and the rest of the fringe guys a run out at Celtic Park next week. Firstly, they deserve it. Secondly, we obviously don't our first 11 picking up injuries or red cards ahead of the final.

... With the added cunning benefit of it completely confusing Stewart Houston if he happens to be an interested spectator at Ceptic Park ;)

• Agree 1

At first I didn't realise that the goal had been given, and was going bananas at just a yellow card.

I would think the yellow card was for intentionally handling the ball, but not preventing a goal or obvious goal scoring opportunity.

... With the added cunning benefit of it completely confusing Stewart Houston if he happens to be an interested spectator at Ceptic Park ;)

Will he be reporting back to Peter?

Lol ... Good spot Dave ;)