Inverness CT -V- Dundee Utd

Scotty

Ryan Esson back to his best today. Probably man of the match.

Vincent and Doran both impressed and played their way into contention for the final IMO. We made Dundee United look very average at times, no mean feat. (aided by some horrendous finishing from Ciftci!)

I hope Hughes gives Kink, Polworth, Tremarco, Horner, MacKay and the rest of the fringe guys a run out at Celtic Park next week. Firstly, they deserve it. Secondly, we obviously don't our first 11 picking up injuries or red cards ahead of the final.

... With the added cunning benefit of it completely confusing Stewart Houston if he happens to be an interested spectator at Ceptic Park ;). Houston was in the stand today so he knows what he will be up agains't

At first I didn't realise that the goal had been given, and was going bananas at just a yellow card.

I would think the yellow card was for intentionally handling the ball, but not preventing a goal or obvious goal scoring opportunity.

Exactly how I felt at the time. Then saw the ball heading back to centre circle and breathed a sigh of relief but felt a bit cheated of a proper goal celebration so was glad we scored another two :)

Esson kept us in the game before half time. Three great saves when we were faffing around. We were vastly improved after the break and never looked back. Great end to the home season, bring on the cup final.

• Agree 1

Another great win today against a team we used to get very little from, just shows how far the club has come on, well done to all again, a nice send off to Graeme Shinnie from the fans today :clapping:  :clapping: :clapping:  

Well, that was a pleasant surprise today. To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect, given that Utd still have something to play for, and as far as the league goes, we don't.

Thought the first half was pretty even. Esson made two very good saves to keep the scores level, but the ball seemed to spend more time at the Utd end of the park.

The second half also started evenly, but once we scored, we took control. At the opening goal, confusion reigned. At first I thought it was a penalty and just a yellow card, but once my apoplexy had passed, I realised that the goal had been given. Ciftci then contrived to hit a dolphin when it looked easier to score. Ross's goal was well taken by him, but how it wasn't put away earlier I still haven't worked out. Warren's header iced the cake nicely.

So that's 10 point out of 12 against a Utd side who we have found hard work in previous seasons.

Esson was man of the match for me - a well deserved clean sheet for making some good saves. Meekings looks pretty good at right back, and Devine seems to be benefitting from the game time. Vincent seems to be coming onto a game too now, so with a bit of luck we will see some real competition for cup final places.

Just next week to negotiate now. Apparently they are handing out some trophy to our opponents next week. The Premiership I think it's called.

• Agree 1

Great result.

To put together a winning run at the end of the season, guaranteeing Europa Cup football and seemingly ignoring the fact we have a 'wee' game to finish the season on, is pretty impressive, and is providing the momentum needed to finish the job

This season is going to be very difficult to better next year

Just have to get past next week...hopefully Celtic will spend the match enjoying lifting the Championship cup and not inflicting retribution....if they start then Warren at least can risk getting sent off by taking out Scott Brown

With Palace ruining Stevie G's send off, I've had one of those lovely football weekends

• Agree 2

Great performance by Ryan Esson saved us a few times, agree we weren't at our best but who cares 3-0 in your last home game before a cup final. Good to see Nick Ross on score sheet also.

Yep I'll take a bit of that thank you very much.

Btw loved the goal anthem repeated today (James Brown, "I feel good"). Coincidentally, I had been thinking about goal songs yesterday morning (maybe Kasabian, "Fire") but, on reflection, old Mr Brown gets my vote.

• Agree 2

Thought the first half was a bit flat even though we were the better team, at times DU just didnt look interested right across the park. Doran had a really good first half getting in behind a few times, was deffinately deserving the MoM award. Some good saves by Esson and I thought Marley go into good positions but again failed to score when presented opportunities. Devine looks solid at the back so worth getting on another deal - could he partner Warren next season with Josh at RB - seems to good to be a bench warmer. Nick Ross did well coming on, but I thought Vincent was very average and didnt do enough to try force himself into the final.

Good to get another win and maintain momentum towards the end of the season.

Forgot to add, only part of the day that disappointed was that 50% of the small band of fans left before the players did their lap of honour/awards. For some reason they took I long time in the dressing room to reappear but after a fantastic season of finishing 3rd, even being potential title challengers at xmas, a cup final and Euro football folks didnt want to show appriciation. We need to make sure the players feel wanted by the fans if not we will loose them elsewhere.

• Agree 4

Btw loved the goal anthem repeated today (James Brown, "I feel good"). Coincidentally, I had been thinking about goal songs yesterday morning (maybe Kasabian, "Fire") but, on reflection, old Mr Brown gets my vote.

• Agree 1

Great way to finish off the last home game of the season and was great to see the players out on the pitch afterwards. Big congratulations to Graeme Shinnie for winning both awards and also a big congratulations to management chairman shop girls kiosk sellers etc as they all had a part to play. Shame that some of the stewards had a complete lack of humour If they had dealt with the young children at the front in a nicer way instead of continually bursting their beach balls they probably wouldn't have been given such a hard time. Wouldn't have taken much to let the kids know they could throw their balls on the park etc after the game

On the issue of the fans not staying after the game we took the decision beforehand to forgo our bus to stay and applaud the players but obviously many had paid for the buses to Caley club etc and the buses didn't waitThe only one I saw after was the Highland Scotbus

Maybe would be worth next season asking buses etc to wait till after lap of honour. Anyway roll on the 30th and let's enjoy what has been the best season in our history IMHO

• Agree 2

Kind of got the feeling too that D U were not that immersed in the game. Pity really, since they did have winning talent. But, apparently, have not had their best bits of Scottish luck this season. However......if adversity  can have such a negative effect, then what about the adversities that have affected our team which have NOThad a long- lasting effect? 

Adversities my eye! It's all about desire to win and spirit. Our team has it and that's why we are going to win the Scottish Cup.

Ciftci had some unfortunate misses though, for sure. A bit unbelievable for a talented, experienced guy. Clever enough he is so why has he resorted to questionable tactics in the past to make his mark?

Poor John Rankin--wasn't able to make his mark either was he? Seems like John R has now been around a bit since leaving ICT--wonder how much longer his career will now last? Once a bit of a  fixture in the team but now seems to have faded into more of a journeyman player. Anyone agree or disagree? :blink:

• Agree 1