Cup final song?

cif73

Written and recorded by yours truly and my band Tale of two cities.

This song is the result of a bet I lost after we beat Celtic. I promised I would deliver a cup final song if we made it to the final. Released an acoustic demo and it received such acclaim that I felt it was only right to put together a finished version. 

It may not be everyones cup of tea, but I wrote it myself. Very easy to write about something you either know a lot about or care a lot about and in my case it fits both those categories. All of my band are ICT fans and the song was also produced by ICT fans too...basically its for the fans.

Like it  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:

My little creation from a few weeks back ... To the tune of Tony Christie/Peter Kay "Amarillo" song ... "This is the time for Caley Thistle, We'll lift the Cup at the whistle, Dreaming dreams of Caley Thistle, And Yogi shall make it be, Show me the Cup oh Caley Thistle, Please please Caley Thistle, Dreaming dreams of Caley Thistle, And Yogi shall make it be!"

The wee snag is Amarillo is the Falkirk goal celebration song lol ;)

Like it! However, what about the Eurovision winner "Heroes"? Woops, did I just give away the fact that I watched Eurovision?

Thinking about it, maybe that should be the anthem for our Euro adventure. Get it, get it?

Edited by PerfICT

We've released a music video for the song. Selection of our favourite moments as ICT fans from time gone by. Hope you enjoy it.

• Agree 12

a few folk have walked past my desk in the last little while wondering why i have my headphones on, tapping my feet and shaking my head in time to music, and wearing a s***-eating grin on my face :ictscarf:  Cheers AJS !!!

In 21 years of doing this I think I have to say that so far this been one of the most enjoyable weeks on this website. We have little to no negativity, we have fans showing their pride, passion, and love for our team, as well as their own skills in making the rest of us smile and appreciate our club even more ... and even the opposition fans who have come along seem to be pleasant and articulate. I know normal service will be resumed at some point but for now ... long may it continue 

• Agree 13

That tunes been in my head today and the video complements it really well.

IF we win the cup, how many downloads do you need to get a single to number one ? That would be another first for the club.

I really don't think it would even threaten the top 40, let alone making no.1 !!

The don's fans had a concerted, orchestrated effort to get 'Peter Pawlett Baby' to no.1.

Northsound played it constantly, Facebook pages were dedicated to it, it was being played on local radio stations around the UK; Steve Wright was singing it on his Radio 2 show, BBC News had an item on it and was on the front-page of their webpage....a fans representative travelled to Sheffield, where The Human League are from, encouraging the public to download the song.

Threads were cropping up about it on all manner of forums across the web. The timing of when people would purchase was decided to 'concentrate' the sales into one big week's assault on the chart. I think it was the very definition of something 'going viral'!

Fans were buying it multiple times to bump-up the sales etc etc - yet it 'only' got to no.19!!!!

I think you were maybe getting a bit of 'Cup Final fever' there 12th Man! :laugh:

Really appreciate all the positive feedback and kind comments. I speak on behalf of the rest of the band when I say we never anticipated the level of acclaim we've got.

A huge thank to you all.

Mannys hints are correct. We will be playing the song live for STV on Friday in the social club.

Edited by AJS
  • Agree 3

If you cannae do the bouncy youre from Dingwall

If you cannae do the bouncy youre from Dingwall

If you cannae do the bouncy, cannae do the bouncy

Cannae do the bouncy youre from Dingwall

Ooohhhhhhh

I try to discover
A little something to make me sweeter
Oh baby refrain from breaking my heart
I'm so in love with you
I'll be forever blue
That you give me no reason
Why you're making me work so hard

That you give me no
That you give me no
That you give me no
That you give me no

Soul, I hear you calling
Oh baby please give a little respect to me

• Agree 1

What's happened to the official cup final song? Has it been shelved?

Unfortunately yes due to record company politics. It was Scooty and the Sky Hooks a version of " Your love has lifted me higher" with an ICT twist

What's happened to the official cup final song? Has it been shelved?

Unfortunately yes due to record company politics. It was Scooty and the Sky Hooks a version of " Your love has lifted me higher" with an ICT twist

That's a shame.  I was under the impression it was cleared last week as well.

Edited by Renegade

Would just like to say a huge thanks to everyone who has supported us and been kind enough to pass comment throughout the week.

Myself and the rest of the boys in the band could never have predicted the acclaim and coverage we would recieve but the song was written ultimately for the great people that follow ICT through thick and thin and we are so glad its captured the hearts of those people.

We've done our utmost best to get folks well and truly psyched for tomorrow. Cannot wait!!

Edited by AJS
  • Agree 1