Celtic -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

My point is fans spending all the money to travel down to see a secong string side. Should of started with a strong line up and make subs in the 2nd half.

Fans knew that we would play a weakened side unless tbeyve been on Mars all week.

• Agree 6

Yogi putting MacKay on for Esson was just an affirmation that we are treating this as a practice match and trial before the big one. Zero cards picked up. This must have been the easiest game the ref has ever had.

It's a bit embarrassing now 5-0

Sorry?? Nothing embarrassing at all. Keep it in perspective!

Don't be sorry. Regardless of who is playing, no one wants to be on the end of a 5-0 defeat. It's the players confidence I feel for. The Cup final should remedy it though.

I suppose there is a slim possibility the Compliance Officer could go after Williams for the handball, but I suspect he's learnt his lesson after Meekingsgate and won't bother wasting everyone's time.

• Agree 2

If ever a 5-0 beating can be seen as a good result, this was it.  The major objective in ensuring no red cards or serious injuries to cup final contenders would appear to have been achieved.

I was proud of the way we tried to play football right to the end, and never resorted to 'hoof ball' despite all the pressure we were under.  In fact some of the football we played out of defence up to the final third was first rate, a point even conceded by the biased Sky commentators.

I'm sure Yogi will have no problem getting the lads spirits up back up to scratch for the biggest game of our history next week.

Bring it on, can't wait!

• Agree 5

Meh, whatever.

Thought we played some very decent stuff at times. It's clear that the philosophy and patterns we try to play stretches right the way through the squads. A lot of hard work clearly takes place on the training ground. We really suffered from a lack of quality in the final 3rd today, once Ofere and Watkins are out of the equation there's nothing there. Must be a priority to get at least one of them signed up ASAP.

With so much of the team playing so little football this season is was inevitable that we would tire in the last 20mins. With Celtic able to bring on the likes of Commons and Griffiths they really capitalised on this.

No injuries or suspensions for the likes of Devine, Esson, Christie and Williams was the priority for today so on that front it could be considered successful.

Edited by Hiro

It's a bit embarrassing now 5-0

Sorry?? Nothing embarrassing at all. Keep it in perspective!

Don't be sorry. Regardless of who is playing, no one wants to be on the end of a 5-0 defeat. It's the players confidence I feel for. The Cup final should remedy it though.

Oh My...............Only three of them need to worry then as the rest were putting their feet up. :blink:

• Agree 1

You just have.................. :smile:

http://caleythistleonline.com/page/index.html/_/reports-2014-15/celtic-v-inverness-ct-spfl-r1276

report published............thanx Sky TV

"Danny Williams did a Josh as Celtic looked to score a third just after the half hour, the ball striking his arm as Denayer headed from three yards, but Danny boy was looking the other way and the ref waved play on. I believe a letter is on it's way already, in fact the original has been cut & pasted, only the names have been changed........................

• Agree 3

Yeah, was good seeing the young lads getting a run out. Good prospects for the future, and sometimes good being on the end of a thrashing. Make's you want to work hard and improve your game. And i think if you asked anyone mid week about the team. Yes the line up might of been different in regard to the players rested, but we knew it was going to happen. We've got the biggest game in the clubs history next weekend, dont think anyone would have wanted us to risk most of our key/main players today incase of suspensions or injuries. Look at how they were trying to bully ryan today. Yes was a disappointing result, but its not the end of our season and we've next weekend to look forward too :)

• Agree 2