POTY

RiG

I was wondering, out of interest, how many people use the poll for POTY?

Additionally I wondered if a return to the old style might be an idea to get more people voting?

Just voted for the Celtic game after completely forgetting about it until now and noticed that very few folk had voted for players.

Actually - more people usually vote in this format than voted in the previous format and we are able to add poll links to the match reports and anywhere else we choose.

We will not be returning to the old way - unless you are volunteering to add up the points - the current method means that poll results can be downloaded to excel from the admin side of the site and take a fraction of the time to compile when compared to the old way which had to be written down on paper and then added up and manually entered into excel then sorted/filtered. This method also allows us to make sure no-one has voted more than once as it stores username/IP and we can discard multiple votes when they occur.

I hold my hands up and admit the results are not up to date but things like brain farts and other technical issues have been occupying our time - I will try to bring it up to date in the next week or so.

One compromise we COULD do is to add a thread to the forums with a link to the poll after each game and make it a sticky. this would serve to remind people that its available to be voted on. I dont think everyone enters the site through the front page so may miss the very prominent position it has on that page.

One compromise we COULD do is to add a thread to the forums with a link to the poll after each game and make it a sticky. this would serve to remind people that its available to be voted on. I dont think everyone enters the site through the front page so may miss the very prominent position it has on that page.

Wasn't having a go Scotty. I think that could be a good idea actually. A wee pinned thread for a week or so after the game linking to the poll would hopefully get more people voting.

The reason I asked was because a number of people said in the Match thread that MacAllister was their MOTM yet he has only one vote for the top 5 points when I voted.

Cheers.

didnt think you were having a go, but trust me, the new method is 1000 times easier to add up - in fact, I am doing it right now ... did October in about 10 minutes (Broonie was Player of the Month) and am now half way through November.

will add a sticky later this morning to solicit more votes for the Celtic game.......

Player of the Year standings now up to date to end of December on the POTY page and have calculated everything up to the Hibs game in my spreadsheet .... Adding a reminder in the forums has seen 4 people add votes so far today.

A couple of teasers for the table I will update at the beginning of next week

-- Barry has lost top spot to Broonie !!! (by a single point)

-- John Rankin has raced up the table in December/January with 3 MOM performances and points in 2 other games

-- 5 players have earned points in every single month so far (Bayne, Brown, Dargo, Rankin & Wilson)

• 2 months later...

not on a forum any more, its now a 'poll' ...... you can access it from the right side of the page on the 'main site' or from within the match report or from the main menu on the left of the screen when in the main site

• 4 months later...

OK I give in, where the **** is the player of the year poll, and why is there no link from the forum page to the poll, and if there is I can not see it. Can we not have a link from the forum page because that is where most people I would imagine would try and go to the poll from, but like the prediction league, you have to go to the main page to find the links.

Any links I have tried today don't appear to be working, is it user mis-use or are they not working. :008: :008: :008:

Guest TinCanFan

Try logging out and then logging back and they should be towards the bottom of the main page.  I had the same problem but that worked for me.

OK I give in, where the **** is the player of the year poll, and why is there no link from the forum page to the poll, and if there is I can not see it.
It is where it has always been and that is on the right hand side of page on main site - although, the poll may say no voting available if your session has timed out so you might have to logout and back in again. It is also available from the main menu on the left side of the page under footy features > polls

Can we not have a link from the forum page because that is where most people I would imagine would try and go to the poll from, but like the prediction league, you have to go to the main page to find the links. Any links I have tried today don't appear to be working, is it user mis-use or are they not working. :008: :008: :008:

As we have said time and time and time and time again, the forum and the main site are SEPARATE areas of the site that use different programs to provide functionality. we have bridged them as best we can so that logging into one area logs you into both but there are some limitations and you need to navigate to the main site for some things..... thats why its called the main site !!! Unfortunately we cant just bung a link in wherever we want within the forum structure, it is WAY more complicated than that. thats why we DO bung a link into the VERY FIRST POST of each matchday thread !

It's ok I am better now, I managed to log in from the main page eventually. I did try logging in and out, I have been on here for thirty days lost in cyberspace trying to log my MoM votes.

I don't know was it because I logged in and out or because big D fixed it but I was the first to vote which makes me think others are having difficulty trying to vote as well.

The link on the match report link on the forum page is perfect

thak you, you are doing a wonderful job

and the reason I did not look on the matchday thread was after I read the first few posts, I only then enter the thread from latest posts onwards thus not noticing the click here at the start of the thread. Other than that, none of the links worked for me, when I opened the ICT v St Mirren link/drop down on the MAIN PAGE it said no polls exist, or something similar, maybe before I logged off and logged on again.

However, for the polls to be successful, they should be easily accessible and today I could not find it easily :blah01: