AAAARRRGGGGHHH no more sleeps...........

tm4tj

Sleep - don't be so silly Manny - reflect, watch playbacks, sing songs, boast, bathe in the interest from others, live the dream, take in the experience and remember that this may be the one time that we can really look forward to football after the final ball has been kicked in the league and into the feckin summer too.

post-25-0-72172800-1432545168_thumb.jpg

Right O.K. I have been to World Cups, Euro's and play offs with Scotland, I have been to FA Cup finals at Wembley, I have watched Leeds Utd win the League and have followed them in Europe. But for some reason this game has created more in my 51 y.o mind than any other I have ever been too. I moved back to the Highlands in '94 so picking somewhere to watch my football was easy, new start for both a club and me and because of being there at the beginning this game and club means so much more. Roll on Friday for travelling down and on Saturday, if anyone sees a grown man shaking uncontrollably it the corner of the Beechwood, say hello as it will be me.

• Agree 9

I really thought this week was going to drag - but here we are at Thursday! The team's already in Glasgow (or wherever they're staying) and many ICT fans will be arriving in Glasgow tomorrow...it's very close now!

ICT tried to book Mar Hall but Falkirk beat us to it, according to Peter Houston. So our boys have to make do with Cumbernauld Travelodge.

I don't see why Falkirk need to 'stay' anywhere..being only 27 miles from Hampden!! Approx the distance between Forres and Inverness....

Using Google Maps distances, Mar Hall is about 16 miles from Hampden.

That's like Forres Mechanics preparing for a big game in Inverness by booking into a hotel in Nairn!! :laugh:

• Agree 1

Have it on very good authority that caley are booked into Airth Castle hotel and spa complex near Falkirk before the game

Think thats likely. Stayed there earlier in the year and a barman said that the team regularly stay there when down in the central belt for games.

Nerves be kicking in now! Especially since my dream the other night about a 3-1 win for the Bairns.

Think that's bad? My dream last night had Falkirk replaced by Queens Park, and we were 4 down before half time! Don't know if we turned it round as I awoke in a panic as number 4 went in.

I had yet another ICT dream, even more unlikely than the previous ones.

This time, when Saturday came, I had forgotten all about the final and didn't go to Hampden!  Only realised it was on at about 4pm when I was flicking through the TV channels. Didn't catch the score though.

Wow, just two more sleeps :boogie:

To sleep, perchance to dream....

An interesting final line from a highly appropriate speech from "Hamlet".

To be, or not to be: that is the question:

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,

And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;

No more; and by a sleep to say we end

The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks

That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation

Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;

To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;

And back on Tuesday, with four sleeps left, this from Hyppolyta in the opening scene of "A Midsummer Night's Dream" would have fitted the bill nicely:-

Four days will quickly steep themselves in night.
Four nights will quickly dream away the time.
And then the moon, like to a silver bow
New bent in heaven, shall behold the night
Of our solemnities.

And from Richard III:-

Now is the winter of our discontent

Made glorious summer by this sun of Leith;  :lol: 

Dr. Seuss provides Saturday's team talk:

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.

You can steer yourself any direction you choose.

You’re on your own. And you know what you know.

And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go.

It’s opener there

in the wide open air.

Out there things can happen

and frequently do

to people as brainy

and footsy as you.

Edited by Guest