AAAARRRGGGGHHH no more sleeps...........

tm4tj

My wife always asks what the best day of my life has been. She always expects the answer...marrying you, and the birth of our 2 children.

However, being Welsh, my reply is always Wales v England 1999 at Wembley, Scott Gibbs last minute try, followed by a night I have no recollection of.

I suspect tomorrow may well trump that...so sorry wife, kids, you're relegated to 3rd after tomorrow!

The buzz of the biggest game in our history has slowly been sinking in. Now its at a high not expected to be exceeded until approx 16:45pm tomorrow evening

Not sure if i'm going to be able to sleep tonight, which is going to make tomorrow and even longer day as i have a 5:30am set off time tomorrow as travelling down from Thurso to catch the supporters bus

But i can not wait for the game, seeing our team lift the trophy will be the perfect birthday present from them :)

There's a very different feeling on the approach to this cup final on comparison to last years league cup.

I'm putting it down to a number of factors. The Scottish Cup being a more prestigious competition with more history. The final is at Hampden the home of Scottish football and not Celtic Park. We are also firm favourites unlike last year.

I guess last year what I was feeling was hope of winning, this season is expectation.

If any of this makes sense haha!!

• Agree 1

My biggest worry tomorrow is complacency, so yeah no one should take anything for granted.

But as you say I also feel confident about tomorrow so I have expectation of a good result.

Earlier, I laid out all the stuff I'll need for tomorrow morning, to avoid any last minute panic. I'm sure many others are doing the same. 

Helpful suggestion - just go and check that the ticket you've laid out is the one for the final and not, as I have just found, the very similar looking one from the semi-final!  :crazy:

• Agree 2

Cup Final Checklist:

Online check-in - Done

Boarding pass printed - Done

Airport parking booked - Done

Car fuelled up - Done

Cup Final ticket check - Done

Alarm set for 4am - Done

Sleep - plenty of time for that on Sunday  :smile:

Cup Final Checklist:

Online check-in - Done

Boarding pass printed - Done

Airport parking booked - Done

Car fuelled up - Done

Cup Final ticket check - Done

Alarm set for 4am - Done

Sleep - plenty of time for that on Sunday  :smile:

Almost the same for me, except I don't have to be up till 6am, as I've got a relatively short drive to Heathrow.

Up at 6a.m here in British Columbia. Canada.

At 6.30 my new ICT fan pal, whom I've known for years, comes over and enters home. He is keen on ICT. :smile:

Coffee on the stove for him after driving 40 K from his home to mine. He's an ex-goalie so  knows his stuff. Feeds him a doughnut from Tim Hortons' coffee shop and he settles down to relax. Veteran city bus driver to trade , he's the best , calmest driver I have ever been with. Ex goalie for a junior team and so lots to talk about pre-match. When he saw the semi -final he was gobsmacked!!!! :crazy: At this point I was barely able to stop the sneaky smile coming over my face  because I knew I had him...

Check T V to ensure  everything is fine and dandy. Join Gary for a cup of coffee and pumps up cushions on Chaise Longue for the long haul. Have previously obtained permission from tenant downstairs to go ape if need be. Confirmed.

Weather check is meaningless when I remember that I am not in Glasgow but here , in very warm and sunny Maple Ridge, B.C.

7a.m here in Western Canada  on Saturday 30/5 ---- switch on T.V. to start the game . On our feet silently clapping the team onto the park and hope that the guys inside Hampden can hear us.

Run to cupboard and get the smelling salts that I forgot on my first trip to get the coffee. Park these on the glass top of the table

and remembers that Bob's your Uncle.

Bottom Line, chums........have  a great game.

S.P + one. :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf: :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  

• Agree 2

No more sleeps for me here in Oz. It's already Saturday and the match starts at midnight our time, so it's going to be a long day! Wow best build up to any game - ever! Do us proud boys. Good luck!

Ok that's me up and ready for my journey north.

But what about ICT's amazing journey in the last 21 years? Truly incredible, and today is a significant milestone for the players, management and supporters.

Good luck to all of us.  I truly believe its 'our time'.  Let's enjoy it.