What Would It Mean To You?

Renegade

I'm a relatively new fan after defecting from the blue half of the ugly sisters during the season of 03/04 when we first got promoted to the Premiership.  My Dad is a Hibs fan so never really "forced" ICT on me.  I supported Rangers because, to me, they were the best ( :laugh: ) and who doesn't want to support the best team?

But then I saw the light and began to support my local team, and at that point I never could have even dreamed about where we are today.  Already qualified for the Europa League and tomorrow we have an amazing chance to win our first trophy.  I can honestly say that supporting ICT has given me some of the happiest (and saddest) moments of my life so far, but that is what football is about.  Not winning everything in sight, but a rollercoaster.

Supporting ICT has been far more rewarding than supporting "them" ever was, and winning the trophy tomorrow would just top it all off.

THIS IS OUR TIME.

• Agree 2

As a youngster growing up in Nairn in the 90s, it took me a while to have any affirmation to a team. Most of my friends at school supported Rangers or Celtic, especially Rangers whilst they went through their 9 in a row. A few mates supported Aberdeen since they were geographically the closest club in the Premier League. However I just couldn't buy into following a team which felt so far away. I could have even supported Nairn County but it was always frowned upon to like someone at that level.

It wasn't until 1994 when my father would talk to me about Inverness having a new team merge and compete in the 3rd Division. I didn't really take to it at 1st but it wasn't until the 95/96 season when Caley were drawn home to East Fife in the Scottish cup 3rd round. My father being a Fifer followed East Fife as a youngster and was keen to take the trip to Telford Street for which would be my 1st Caley game. I still remember standing high up the top of the Howden end terraces watching a game under a rowdy atmosphere and I loved it! The game finished a draw and the replay took place in Methil where we won on pens to reach the quarter finals.

Our draw put us together at home against Rangers however Telford Street wasn't up to standard so the fixture was moved to Tannadice. My father realising how much I enjoyed the East Fife game and the fact it was Rangers we were playing took me down to Dundee for the game. I was in awe watching the stars of the time Gascoigne, Laudrup, McCoist and so. We lost 3-0 but I didn't care, I just watched my local team from Inverness play the biggest team in Scotland at the time.

So from this point the seed had been sown. My dad started taking me to more league games and we watched the club rise. Unfortunately once we reached the 1st Division we started going to less matches as ticket prices increased but my love for the club was there and followed on 20 years later.

I alway remember my father being realistic over how Caley Thistle would do in years to come and he would say we would be a competent Championship club maybe lucky enough to get the odd season or 2 in the Premiership. I would never have thought we would be competing so high in Scotland's top division, let alone playing in Europe next year. Add a Scottish cup final to this is unbelievable, I feel I have gone full circle with this, from my first game v East Fife in the Scottish cup in the Howden End to Hampden Park in the final tomorrow.

What a 20 years it's been!!...

• Agree 2

My birthday on Sunday not a special one but it would be if we win the Scottish Cup!

happy birthday in advance. ..double celebration we hope Edited by ictewd
  • Agree 1

"Well. the horses are now all in the gates. and we are just waiting for the signal........There it is!

THEY ARE OFFFF and the 96th running of the Inverness Caley Preakness is now well under way .

Approaching the half way mark and Caley 1 is leading the bunched remaining horses who are closely following by three lengths with the jocky trying to hold him back .He's raring to go and watch what happens in the final straight 'cos if he keeps up this pace he will either drop dead or win by 6 lengths.

The excitemenrt is mounting  and the crowd are on their feet screaming for the blue clad jockey to whip the hoss.

But he 's a class act and knows how to get the best out of  a horse without hurting it and  this horse is extraordinary and trained to the limit and is in superb condition plus he has a big heart and will always do his best no matter what.

They'r turning now round Telford's Drift and he's still full of fight and  the jockey is  beginning his run to the finishing line.

The crowd are all on their feet and going crazy, the noise is bedlam and still rising. It's a two horse race now with all the other hosses left in their dust.  The second favorite is Falkir'k's Dream who has always been  in contention right from the start and has proved to be a thoroughbred of real talent . Never started to flag but has been under the cosh from the get-go, withering from Caley1's  blisterng , aggressivepace. 

He is undoubtedly now  a real threat to our champion  in the blue and red colors, though,  and both horses are now neck and neck after a mighty effort from Falkirk's dream which has drawn him level but might just prove his undoing,

But wait! Caley 1 has JUST CLICKED HIS PACE UP A NOTCH and is now leading by a length and seems to be unstoppable in his determination to win this mighty, prestigious cup.

Quarter of a mile to go and, again, Falkirk's dream matches the pace of his frenetic adversary in what is turning out to be the race of the century for both horses and jockeys. Both sets of supporters in this mighty crowd are past cheering on their favorite but all are in unison in cheering for this fantastic display of grit and determination, pace and skill of the jockeys in putting on  a show not seen hear at Hamden racecourse for at least fifty years.

'

Who will now win. That is the question.

1/4 of a mile to go and the brilliant two are 50 lengths in front of the pack who simply did not have the heart and skill to match this terrible twosome who  are  unbelievably outstanding on their day in the sun.

Now we are down to the run down the straight in front of the Stand and it's still neck and neck with Caley 1 shading it by a head. Whilst  people are falling over the front stand rails andd ropping down on the people below, the hard-working jockeys are urging their steeds forward with everything they have. But now they know that both horses have  each given so much energy and effort that these two have to battle their own kind to win this race and so the Jocks  are simply holding the rains loosely  and letting them go.

As the crowd react in a fever pitch of excitement you can't even hear yourself think but  with only a few yards to go there is a definite gap between the brave and bold horses  and ittt's a WIN for Caley 1 by one length.

What a race and what a worthy winner, But such a pity that either horse had to lose and that final spurt was all it took from one of the two utterly exhausted steeds to deliver the big prize.

They say that no one remembers a loser but you will have to work very long and hard well into the future ,to convince anyone who was present at this "Blazing Saddles" tournament today, who saw this tremendous show of power, dedication, energy, skill and lovely colored tunics on the tiny Jockeys that this was  a race where there was, and always will be, two mighty winners.

:twothumbsup:  :horseshit:  :scotland:  :canada:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :notworthy:

• Agree 1