Not coming to a stadium near you anytime soon

The Mantis

I hope they can extend that lead on Sunday!  It will be important how they approach the game - if they look to simply hold onto the lead and contain The Rangers then they put themselves under pressure.  Concede one and it becomes very nervy.  They need to take the game to Rangers and look to score.

Play offs can play hell with your nerves and composure.  Last night's rugby play-off between Worcester and Bristol for a place in the English premiership was a case in point.  Worcester edged the 1st leg 29 - 28 at Bristol and led 16 - 9 at half time.  In the 2nd half Bristol then scored 3 tries to lead 30 - 16 with 10 minutes to go - and then self destructed.  Two players were sin binned and they gave away a penalty try.  Worcester then scored a converted try in the last minute to tie the game 30 - 30 and edge the tie by a single point.  Anything can happen in these high pressure situations so I'm taking nothing for granted, although I am delighted Motherwell are 2 goals ahead and not 2 behind!

Odds on for at least one more season of this wonderful Armageddon. Wish we'd thought of it years ago. Now, if only we could find a way to rid the the Premiership of that other lot what a great league we would have.....

• Agree 7

Motherwell it seemed to me are a much better side than their foot of the table league position showed

When I watch Rangers or even Celtic I get the impression the players are just there for the beer as the expression goes.

It;s a shame really in the old days guys played for the shirt.

Celtic feel it is a disaster if they don' win all three trophies in Scotland, the fans and the commentators  I mean

The media bias for the so called old firm is so bad, one is tempted to mute the sound on the TV

Surely the broadcasters can come up with a few more neutral pundits.  I love Glasgow as a city to visit, but in footballing terms, the best thing about Glasgow is Scotland surrounds it.

• Agree 1

Interesting to see if McCall does what McCoist should have done long ago and ditches Boyd, Miller etc to give youth a chance. Also who on Earth signed Mohsni? He wouldn't get a game for Uncle Roy's team.

• Agree 1

It may not be McCall in charge.  It appears that talks have been held with Mark Warbuton who has done a great job at Brentford.  Brentford announced back in February that Warbuton would be leaving at the end of the season which is a pretty unusual situation for a manager, particularly when there was a reasonable chance that Warbuton could have taken Brentford to successive promotions and into the Premier League.  That smacks of Warbuton having a lucrative contract elsewhere lined up because I would have thought it unlikely that Brentford would be wanting him to go.  There are some serious decision to be made by whoever takes on the job at Ibrox and one would expect a decision on that needs to be made pretty quickly.

It may not be McCall in charge.  It appears that talks have been held with Mark Warbuton who has done a great job at Brentford.  Brentford announced back in February that Warbuton would be leaving at the end of the season which is a pretty unusual situation for a manager, particularly when there was a reasonable chance that Warbuton could have taken Brentford to successive promotions and into the Premier League.  That smacks of Warbuton having a lucrative contract elsewhere lined up because I would have thought it unlikely that Brentford would be wanting him to go.  There are some serious decision to be made by whoever takes on the job at Ibrox and one would expect a decision on that needs to be made pretty quickly.

I could be wrong but I am led to believe that the reason Warburton is leaving Brentford, along with Davie Weir, is because the club has decided to restructure and bring in a Director of Football type person and wanted Warburton to become head coach or similar and he stated he was unwilling to do so nor could he work under that structure. Therefore both clubs agreed to a mutual termination of sorts at the end of the season and will push on with their plans without them.

I would think that Warburton is on Rangers radar for the good job he has done there along with the fact that Davie Weir would go with him as assistant therefore having the Rangers connection that they clearly want.

Whoever goes is in for a hell of a job that's for sure.