I was surprised (and disappointed) at how quickly the Falrkirk end emptied when the whistle went. Their players did very well to get to this stage, gave everything and played well on the day against a better team. When Falkirk went up to collect their medals they got well deserved and very respectful applause from all the ICT fans but there only a fraction of their own support was there to see it. I'd like to think we'd have stayed for the presentations had it been the other way around, as nearly all of us did at the League Cup final

Perhaps, but I remember, after a quick applause for the team, getting out of Cellick Park sharpish after the League Cup last season. Couldn't bear watching Aberdeen lift the trophy. Perhaps they felt the same.

I was wearing my '3rd Division Champions 1996-97' scarf as I have done at every game I've been to since then, whether the legendary Celtic Park win or getting humped 6-0 at Airdrie. But it really made me think yesterday; 3rd Division Champions just 18 years ago, and there in front of us was the Scottish Cup on its way to Sneck. Great stuff.

• Agree 1

To be fair to Falkirk, put yourself in their shoes, and that was an utter sickener of a way to lose a football match.

Most of their fans I bumped into afterwards getting on the buses looked like they were in shock.

Best ever game how they played doesn't really matter!  After the final whistle it took a few minutes to sink in that we had actually won The Scottish Cup :clapping:   A big thank you to John Hughes, all the team, Kenny Cameron, all the staff at ICT, all the voluteers who put in a huge amount of time helping the club and the fans who turned out in the thousands yesterday for such a memorable occasion :clapping:  :ictscarf:  :party:  

• Agree 3

Remember the 'crazy guy' pointing at iain Vigurs a few years ago?

Was watching the game back and the camera briefly scanned the crowd - Bingo! There he is...still looking like a cross between Liam Gallagher and a hit-man!

post-3020-0-05783200-1433143924.jpg

post-3020-0-73387900-1433143957_thumb.jp

• Agree 4

Remember the 'crazy guy' pointing at iain Vigurs a few years ago?

Was watching the game back and the camera briefly scanned the crowd - Bingo! There he is...still looking like a cross between Liam Gallagher and a hit-man!

attachicon.gifcrazy guy.jpg

Looks as if Jack and Victor on the right hand side of the photo have at least between them predicted the final score correctly!

Restrain from Martin Lisle on the left, and is that Lady Kath Fraser with her head in her hands top right.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but despite all our pre-match concerns about card-happy Willie Column, I thought he had a really good game.   :holyshit:

Only issued 2 cards, both correctly, and got the other big decisions right (eg claim for handball v Draper).  The fact that nobody's talking about the ref is always a good sign.

• Agree 11

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but despite all our pre-match concerns about card-happy Willie Column, I thought he had a really good game.   :holyshit:

Only issued 2 cards, both correctly, and got the other big decisions right (eg claim for handball v Draper).  The fact that nobody's talking about the ref is always a good sign.

Spot on comment. He did seem to get all the big decisions right although I had hoped that we'd nabbed all his red cards for the fans' card display ... hey ho ...

I also thought he had a decent game for once. Obviously had a briefing beforehand to tell him what was expected. 

When the red came out (his first card of the day I think - and absolutely the correct call unfortunately), then a yellow came out for Taiwo a minute or two later I turned to my pals and said ... 'here we f****** go' .... but no, he reigned himself back in and controlled it well to the end. Not sure where he got 6 minutes of added time from though ... that really was squeaky bum time. 

• Agree 1

I thought I was right at the time of watching it, but had no opportunity to check until this morning. There was a Toronto FC link in the final (and I dont mean luvgravy flying in for it) ......

Former TFC player Taylor Morgan came on for Falkirk as a 95th minute sub. He is on loan to them from Swedish side Ostersunds FK and was briefly at TFC. He only made 1 appearance for TFC after being drafted in 2013. He came on as a sub for TFC in the first game of that season replacing Terry Dunfield. The same Terry Dunfield who was just released by county ....

Down to the nitty gritty now. We played poorly and let Falkirk dictate for long spells. Ofere could have stayed in his hotel. It would have been nice to finish with a flourish but it never happened, however, the result was important and it's our name on the trophy. I thought Devine played well again and Watkins showed his power, took his goal brilliantly and did the spade work for the winner. Grin stuck to face, unable to remove it. :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:

• Agree 2

My son(who couldn't be there for work reasons)texted me about 2.30 to say that Tremarco was playing. I jokingly texted him back saying find out the odds on him getting sent off.

He texted back 10 mins later saying he couldn't find the odds.

My not placing that bet on Sat was my only disappointment!

Edited by davieB

I was talking about him, loudly and using bad boy's words, when he stopped even looking at his wrist after 5 minutes of added time.  Apart from that, best I've seen from him in a long time.

Couldn't believe how fantastic the ICT support was, I'm sure that helped. Yeah, we were lucky but IMHO we play a better, classier style of football.

Was there with my auntie who is in her 70s and had a heart attack last year. I was just praying she wouldn't have another one in the second half! (she didn't. We went for a coffee with our ICT scarves and big silly grins on our faces for everyone to see in Central Station, then we went home wishing we still lived in Inverness).

Well done ICT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

Inverness is some city, so proud.

• Agree 4

Never thought I'd use the words "excellent" and "lenient" to describe Collum, but that's what I thought of his display on Saturday. Right from the off, he was preferring to have a quiet word instead of a card. The red was correct and he could easily have booked Greg Tansey for 3 challenges in quick succession in the 2nd half. Draper's "handball" would have been extremely harsh, given that it popped up off his toe, so again - right decision IMO. I hope he learns from this and is less card-happy from now on!

• Agree 1

I lost one of these on Saturday - blue band - white insert - metal button - "SONY" on insert and button.  I still had it when we arrived outside the North stand turnstiles, and didn't notice it was gone until we were back down at Battlefield Road to join the train queue.  I'd be delighted if anyone's found it.

SWR10blue.JPG

Couldn't believe how fantastic the ICT support was, I'm sure that helped. Yeah, we were lucky but IMHO we play a better, classier style of football.

Was there with my auntie who is in her 70s and had a heart attack last year. I was just praying she wouldn't have another one in the second half! (she didn't. We went for a coffee with our ICT scarves and big silly grins on our faces for everyone to see in Central Station, then we went home wishing we still lived in Inverness).

Well done ICT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

Inverness is some city, so proud.

As well as the support in the stands, Peter Paul's due some Brownie points for giving encouragement to get the noise up after Falkirk's equaliser - camera in one hand, conducting with the other!

• Agree 2

Nobody has mentioned one of the unsung heroes from Saturday.

Just after Falkirk scored a pitchside photographer wearing an ICT jumper (quite far away, could be wrong) stood up, turned around towards the crowd with a big smile on his face, and started rallying the fans in front of him to stand up and cheer, starting a chain reaction that lead to the whole ICT support getting on their feet to rally the players. A small contribution, but perhaps a telling one. Well done that man. A wave of positive energy when it was badly needed!

Edited by AlexJones
  • Agree 1

Just after Falkirk scored a pitchside photographer wearing an ICT jumper (quite far away, could be wrong) stood up, turned around towards the crowd with a big smile on his face, and started rallying the fans in front of him to stand up and cheer, starting a chain reaction that lead to the whole ICT support getting on their feet to rally the players. A small contribution, but perhaps a telling one. Well done that man. A wave of positive energy when it was badly needed!

Take a bow Peter Paul.

• Agree 3

I think someone posted it was Peter Paul, regardless of who it was, its what we do and would of happened anyway.

• Scotty featured this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured this topic
  • Scotty unpinned this topic