OK, now that the dust has settled, here's my stab at player scores for the final - I'll ignore the temptation to give them all 10s!

Esson - 7. Nothing he could do about the goal and was a safe pair of hands....apart from a terrifying moment when he mucked about with it on his own line!

Shinnie - 6. Not his best game, but obviously playing out of position. A couple of dangerous crosses in the first half.

Devine - 8. a really solid match, except when he was beaten to it for Grant's goal. I'm not sure you can say he was at fault, though.

Meekings -  8. Dependable as ever. Great ball through to Watkins in the first half.

Tremarco - 5. I thought he had a good first half, but he'll have flashbacks about that mistake for the rest of his puff! :doh:

Draper - 6. Was surprisingly quiet throughout. Good header out to set Watkins on his way for the winner.

Tansey - 6. Unusually quiet. A couple of decent free kicks.

Christie - 6. Not his best game and definitely faded in the 2nd half.

Doran - 8. I thought he had a great first half. His slip pass to Watkins for the first was outstanding and I thought he was going to skin Grant for another before half time - superb tackle in the end. Inevitably, the winger gets sacrificed after a red card!

Ofere - 6. Playing in the hole didn't really suit him. Had some decent touches, but tended to hold on to it too long after making space. Didn't get a sniff in front of goal.

Watkins - 9. Could not have worked harder for the cause. Probably should have passed instead of shooting for the 2nd....but the right result in the end!

Yogi: - 7. Was dealt a bad blow when Dave the Rave was ruled out. Not sure the shake up at the back really worked, but there weren't many other options. I don't think Ofere in behind Watkins worked and he should have been pulled early in the 2nd half to shore up the midfield which we were losing. But, hey - you only went and won the cup for us Big Yogi! :notworthy:

Collum - 9. Got all the big decisions right. :amazed:

Special mention has to go to Vincent: I know he was fresh on as a sub, but that run to catch Watkins and still have composure to finish was astounding. The payers often say he's the fittest boy there - I believe it now! :clapping:

Edited by PerfICT
  • Agree 12

OK, now that the dust has settled, here's my stab at player scores for the final - I'll ignore the temptation to give them all 10s!

Esson - 7. Nothing he could do about the goal and was a safe pair of hands....apart from a terrifying moment when he mucked about with it on his own line!

Shinnie - 6. Not his best game, but obviously playing out of position. A couple of dangerous crosses in the first half.

Devine - 8. a really solid match, except when he was beaten to it for Grant's goal. I'm not sure you can say he was at fault, though.

Meekings -  8. Dependable as ever. Great ball through to Watkins in the first half.

Tremarco - 5. I thought he had a good first half, but he'll have flashbacks about that mistake for the rest of his puff! :doh:

Draper - 6. Was surprisingly quiet throughout. Good header out to set Watkins on his way for the winner.

Tansey - 6. Unusually quiet. A couple of decent free kicks.

Christie - 6. Not his best game and definitely faded in the 2nd half.

Doran - 8. I thought he had a great first half. His slip pass to Watkins for the first was outstanding and I thought he was going to skin Grant for another before half time - superb tackle in the end. Inevitably, the winger gets sacrificed after a red card!

Ofere - 6. Playing in the hole didn't really suit him. Had some decent touches, but tended to hold on to it too long after making space. Didn't get a sniff in front of goal.

Watkins - 9. Could not have worked harder for the cause. Probably should have passed instead of shooting for the 2nd....but the right result in the end!

Yogi: - 7. Was dealt a bad blow when Dave the Rave was ruled out. Not sure the shake up at the back really worked, but there weren't many other options. I don't think Ofere in behind Watkins worked and he should have been pulled early in the 2nd half to shore up the midfield which we were losing. But, hey - you only went and won the cup for us Big Yogi! :notworthy:

Collum - 9. Got all the big decisions right. :amazed:

Special mention has to go to Vincent: I know he was fresh on as a sub, but that run to catch Watkins and still have composure to finish was astounding. The payers often say he's the fittest boy there - I believe it now! :clapping:

Pretty well spot on for me...

Can't argue with those ratings.

I saw elsewhere that Tremarco had got a 3 from some journalists. I thought that was pretty harsh tbh. Up until his mistake I thought he'd had a decent game, and once he let the ball past he did what he had to do. 5 seems fair enough. Or should that be rite enuff?

Ofere.............what about that wonderful slip pass into Doran to give to Marley for that first goal.........worth a six at least for the big man.

....the first goal was class from start to finish. Six wonderful quick passes down the right and through the centre and a clinical finish. If you want Hughes' philopsophy summed up in <10 seconds of football, that was it.

• Agree 5

Much as I like Draper I thought he was awful on Sat. I lost count at the number of times he gave the ball away, and his 50 yd shot...well!!

Tansey just couldn't get into the game, nor could Ryan.

Agree That Watkins, Devine and Meekings were probably the pick of the bunch.

CTO Cup Final Report published complete with some video footage :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:

http://caleythistleonline.com/page/index.html/_/reports-2014-15/scottish-cup-final-2015-r1279

:smile:  :smile: :smile:  

What a moment to be a Caley Thistle fan. 21 years in the making but a combined 239 years of magnificent history. :clapoverhead:

• Agree 3

I think this impromptu performance by Dave the Rave just gave us a club anthem as RnB stated above ... hold on, think I have something in my eye again. 

FIFA execs arrested for corruption

Motherwell 6-1 Rangers

ICT win the Scottish Cup

Now that's what I call a good week for football!

But Sepp Splatter is  still at the helm....  

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Even better week now!! 

Edited by CaleyCailleach

Down to the nitty gritty now. We played poorly and let Falkirk dictate for long spells. Ofere could have stayed in his hotel. It would have been nice to finish with a flourish but it never happened, however, the result was important and it's our name on the trophy. I thought Devine played well again and Watkins showed his power, took his goal brilliantly and did the spade work for the winner. Grin stuck to face, unable to remove it. :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:

I thought we had everything under control first half, but I agree about Ofere...the worst I've seen him play, and both Christie and Doran were a bit too quiet 2nd half, which meant we were over-run.....Devine was superb, must have won virtually every header. I actually thought Tremarco was having a very good game until he trod on the ball!   Watkins was superb and the difference between the two teams, and Vincent's run from his own penalty box to support Watkins and get to that loose ball will live with me for ever

• Agree 1

Just got back home to Spain today so really the first opportunity to say well done to all the Team not the best I have seen them playing but in the end it is the result that counts well worth the trip to see a bit of History and like most for me the standouts were Meekings , Devine and Watkins, Shinnie definitely not as effective operating on the right :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:

I suspect my wife is getting slightly annoyed now of me playing Vincent's goal over and over again. Oh, and the last minute before the final whistle. I've told her it's going to be a looooong time, if ever, that I get bored with watching it.

Been looking, but can't find anywhere...I'd love to see a video of our winner from the Falkirk end, just to see the mass eruption of fans, and their despair!!

• Agree 1

I suspect my wife is getting slightly annoyed now of me playing Vincent's goal over and over again. Oh, and the last minute before the final whistle. I've told her it's going to be a looooong time, if ever, that I get bored with watching it.

Been looking, but can't find anywhere...I'd love to see a video of our winner from the Falkirk end, just to see the mass eruption of fans, and their despair!!

I've given an estimate of 25 years to my wife, before I stop replaying it daily :groovy: .  Can't wait for the club to produce a DVD of the cup run.

• Agree 4

I'm just thinking back to "that feeling" that I'm sure most of us experienced between 87 and 96 minutes.  It's a weird cocktail of tension, excitement, happiness, agony, nerves and sheer disbelief.  The kind of feeling you just don't get in any other aspect of life.

It's actually pretty well summed up by this:   :crazy:

• Agree 5

• Scotty featured this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured this topic
  • Scotty unpinned this topic