Trophy parade

Joe DiMaggio

What no trip in open top bus around city centre? Bank Street is open, I have been told so could do the loop via precinct then head to the NMP.

We're still celebrating in Glasgow so will have to cut short get an early night and get back up the road in time. Now who's driving?

• Agree 1

With all the works that were/are going on, no guarantee the roads would be open and the need to apply for closures for parades etc well in advance, it just wasn't possible to put reliable plans in place for a full street parade.  Rather than risk messing people around and/or having to make last minute changes or find late alternatives it was decided this was the best solution....it also provides the best opportunity for the Manager, Coaches, Players etc to interact directly with the fans.

Last year I went to see St Johnstone's bus parade through Perth on the Sunday morning.  It was pretty clear that some of the players hadn't been to bed and Stevie May in particular was utterly wasted! 

Advise that everyone follow the information given out on the official website and join the celebrations at the Northern Meeting Park from 2pm. The Manager and Players will arrive there with the Scottish Cup and their travels to the NMP are NOT a parade.

according to highland times there will be a open top bus tour today from stadium to NMP http://www.thehighlandtimes.com/news/2015/05/30/open-bus-tour-of-inverness-for-caley-thistle-cup-heroes/

Jugs116 - If you read it properly it clearly says it will NOT be an open top bus nor will it be a TOUR!

Edited by DalgetyBayJaggy

according to highland times there will be a open top bus tour today from stadium to NMP http://www.thehighlandtimes.com/news/2015/05/30/open-bus-tour-of-inverness-for-caley-thistle-cup-heroes/

Jugs116 - If you read it properly it clearly says it will NOT be an open top bus nor will it be a TOUR!

I'm also reading it as Open Top Bus Parade!

The open top bus will travel along a pre-planned route from the Tulloch Stadium – Stadium Road – Longman Road – Shore Street roundabout – Chapel Street – Friars  Lane – Bank Street – Ness Bridge – Ardross Terrace – Ardross Street concluding at the Northern Meeting Park.

Highland times have altered the original item from when I first saw it on facebook to say parade rather than tour. All i know is that i will be down in town to see the boys and cup and to see some mates. See you all there

The open top bus will travel along a pre-planned route from the Tulloch Stadium – Stadium Road – Longman Road – Shore Street roundabout – Chapel Street – Friars  Lane – Bank Street – Ness Bridge – Ardross Terrace – Ardross Street concluding at the Northern Meeting Park.

Could they not squeeze in a wee detour through Dingwall?!

• Agree 2

Northern Meeting Park

Is that the park near  the theatre where the Highland games are held ? 

I've never heard of Highland Games being held in a theatre before. :smile:  But sort of. The Games this year are returning after four years at the NMP to their natural home, the much superior venue at the Bught.

Great turn out for the lads, and amazing to see so many young kids wearing ICT tops.  This might be the end of an incredible season, but it also might just be the start of something even more amazing!  What a journey it has been, and hopefully continues to be!!  :ictscarf:  :cheer01:  :clapping:

• Agree 4

Fantastic. So proud of the team and all supporters who made the journey to Hampden. There was a real feeling of community there and never thought we'd see such a large and noisy Highland support. Well done ICT.

• Agree 1

Loved the celebrations in Inverness today. Feeling a bit jaded after yesterdays post match hi-jinks, we popped into the Palace Hotel for a coffee while we watched for the bus and then followed it round to the NMP. The boys looked so happy, Scooty and co sang their song and David Raven showed what a talented lad he is with his own sing song for the crowd. It was a nice touch that the boys stayed around to chat, pose for photos and sign autographs. A perfect end to a perfect season.

• Agree 3

The member of Parliament for Inverness Badenoch and Strathspey  was introduced as

Right Honourable

Not possible unless there is something I don't know

Only members of her majesty's privy council hold that title

It may be some time before he attains that high status.