ICTFC the 25th ......................

.................. Club to win the Scottish FA Cup apparently.  Welcome to the Cub :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapping: :clapping: :notworthy: :notworthy:   I hope you've all got very sore heads this morning, and memories you'll carry with you to your graves.

I'd like to think a decent percentage of those who travelled to Glasgow yesterday can be attracted out to Longman on a regular basis. A League Cup Final and a Scottish Cup win with shyte crowds ---- just think what could be achieved if more of the city got behind the Club.

Now onto your Eurovision debut. Having followed Motherwell all over the continent, I'd encourage you to look out your passports and follow Caley. If you think the Cup Final is the dugz bawz, seeing one's team in Europe is another level.

It looks like you enter in the 2nd Qualifying Round, and will be unseeded, (a combination of your lack of history, and Scotland's poor co-efficient count).

This is an excellent link to keep tabs on things, and give you a rough idea where you might be heading before the draw is actually made. It does change on a daily basis as continental leagues/cups finalise.

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedel2015.htm l

Slainje

• Agree 2

When you look at how long certain other clubs have gone without winning the Cup, it makes you realise that this really is a time to savour and appreciate.

Years since win:

18 Killie

24 Motherwell

25 Aberdeen :laugh:

28 St Mirren

94 Partick

105 Dundee

113 Hibs :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

(Queen Victoria had only just died!)

• Agree 1

They also put 'Football Club' after the names - so it's a lot for the engraver!

Football authorities always seem obsessed with this "football club" suffix. "Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club" is one heck of an engraving in the cup. I gather they try to engrave the trophy in between final whistle and presentation but on this occasion settled for a provisional "Inverness"!

When you look at how long certain other clubs have gone without winning the Cup, it makes you realise that this really is a time to savour and appreciate.

Years since win:

18 Killie

24 Motherwell

25 Aberdeen :laugh:

28 St Mirren

94 Partick

105 Dundee

113 Hibs :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

(Queen Victoria had only just died!)

Statto!

Lived in Inverness for 20 years up to 2009 (now in Central Belt), and was season ticket holder from when ICT moved to the Caledonian Stadium.

Saturday was fantastic from start to finish - we got there in the end (as we usually do).

Fingers crossed we can keep most of the existing squad and add a couple of stellar signings over the summer!!

• Agree 1

Thanks, wazzow! I was very keen to know. Good for him (her?) getting it all on, even if we do pay a tiny price in terms of size of letters. A price, dare I say, we will happily settle for: our illustrious long and historic name on that cup, and not a cheap abbreviation. What happens to the cup? Do we keep it for a year? I hope the club give us a chance to take our photos with it.

Well, Charles, in the grand tradition of old sporting clubs we have to be distinguished from any putative Inverness Caledonian Thistle RFC or AFC now, or for eternity!    :cheer01:

One funny post I came across on St Johnstone forum was them celebrating qualifying for Europe 4 seasons in a row for them to say congratulations to Rangers for qualifying for the Challenge cup 4 seasons in a row hahaha!!

• Agree 1