Any news on Watkins?

What doesn't help is the media constantly peddling the title challenge myth in their desperation to make it seem like there is a genuine title race.

They would do well to remember that the only reason that Aberdeen were as close to Celtic was that other teams took points off Celtic - something the sheep failed to do at all.

Indeed, Aberdeen were the only team in the top 7 who failed to take anything off Celtic last season.

the Americans have an expression  when they lose a player " Next man up it's their chance",

Have faith When Billy went Marley stepped up, who knows who the next man is?

We may not like it but we need to accept it as a fact of life.  We are a small town club with a correspondingly small fan base.  As long as the club relies on income from gate receipts, merchandising, TV rights, payments related to league position etc then we will only ever be able to pay players wages which are not competitive with those offered by other clubs.  Players have to make a living and think about their long term financial position when their short playing careers are over.  We really can't blame them for moving on whether it be to our rivals or anybody else.

This is why the success this year is so important.  A range of circumstances have come together which have led to us winning the cup and securing 3rd place in the league.  We won't always be able to put together such a good squad as this season and our opponents will not always be as weak as this year.  One thing that could harm our club is unrealistic expectations for the future.  For a club with our resources just staying in the top flight is an achievement and anything else is a bonus.  So savour what has been achieved this year - the memory of it may need to last a lifetime.

I can't really argue with the above but when you relate to your old club Aston Villa they are near the foot of the Premier League in England, they play in a massive City yet they constantly bleed players to those above them who are richer

In the past there was a song I liked with a line " The poor get poorer and the rich get richer",

ICT must press on bringing to Inverness a great standard of football sure there are hard knocks, but I am sure we can keep going. Motherwell lost players and nosed dived.  But if we keep the lads at the back  we can get another good season, hopefully

Remember Dundee United lost players this season, Hamilton lost their manager,  we are not the only ones with problems, but we are the team with the cup, Lets be glad of that

I hope we keep Nick Ross, if Marley does go, which I believe he will, I'd really like to see Nick get an opportunity to play further forward.  I think he's got the pace, vision and skill to do a great job.  Also with someone like big Eddie up front with him when 2 up front is appropriate I believe he'd thrive.

Anyway if Marley goes I wish him well and thank him, I doubt he'll have as much enjoyment in his career as he has had with us, but he's gotta do what he's gotta do.

When we lost Billy I was told our season was over, we'd drop down the table now, not score any goals now, blah, blah, blah...

Look what happened!   LOOK!!

• Agree 2

I would love Marley to stay. But he is young and raw and is by no means the finished article. It wasn't long ago we wee very frustrated with his performances and insisting that he wasn't the answer being plated up front.the improvement he's made under yogi has been tremendous but I think he needs to be mindful that in inverness there are very little pressures and expectations. Unlike a club like Aberdeen.

I would love Marley to stay. But he is young and raw and is by no means the finished article. It wasn't long ago we wee very frustrated with his performances and insisting that he wasn't the answer being plated up front.the improvement he's made under yogi has been tremendous but I think he needs to be mindful that in inverness there are very little pressures and expectations. Unlike a club like Aberdeen.

If he chooses to go to Aberdeen I'll wish him no future success in his career. We've got used to losing players over the years, to bigger clubs. While no one can deny Aberdeen are a bigger club, and can pay much higher wages, in footballing terms they're no better than us. So if he goes to them it shows a complete lack of wanting to progress his footballing career in my opinion.

Anyway, we've lost far better players (Bingham, both Shinnies, Rooney, Mckay) and we've always gone from strength to strength. And we have something very special at this club, something the likes of Aberdeen don't have. So I've no doubt we'll continue growing no matter who leaves.

• Agree 3

Don't really want him to go but if he wants to go to Aberdeen then fine.  He's not amazing and him and Ofere will be replaced a lot easier than Shinnie will be.

On a side note, Aberdeen might as well move through and start playing in Inverness, save their players the travelling

• Agree 1

Watkins will go no doubt...but at Aberdeen there's no first team room for him. And its clearly going to be a money thing if he chooses sevco. I just hope we can get someone decent to replace him.

I think that who ever it'll be will Have to suit yogi's style of play not just a random striker that one of us knows. People will suggest McKay on loan...but its been proved already that he didn't particularly suit the style we play.

Don't really want him to go but if he wants to go to Aberdeen then fine.  He's not amazing and him and Ofere will be replaced a lot easier than Shinnie will be.

On a side note, Aberdeen might as well move through and start playing in Inverness, save their players the travelling

Aberdeen Caledonian Thistle.

Aberdeen Caledonian Thistle.

Aberdeen Thistle Caledonian does a half decent pint....

I just hope we can get someone decent to replace him.

I think that who ever it'll be will Have to suit yogi's style of play not just a random striker that one of us knows.

How about Nick Ross?

:tongue:of course we want nick Ross, but Ross isn't a striker...Watkins has been playing as a striker. Put ross, christie and doran behind a striker and you can't complain.

• Agree 1

To be fair to him, Watkins was never a striker in my opinion. Since he got pushed up front following Billy's departure he only managed a couple of goals before Saturday.

Great winger yes, but I don't think he'll ever make a striker..wherever he ends up.

I just hope we can get someone decent to replace him.

I think that who ever it'll be will Have to suit yogi's style of play not just a random striker that one of us knows.

How about Nick Ross?

:tongue:

I expected Nick Ross to fill Andrew Shinnies boots. I wonder what went wrong there?

Ross & Doran  (imo) as good as Shinnie/Watkins if given the chance.

If nick Ross is given the chance behind their striker then I've got no doubt he can do better than A.Shinnie done, he's just not had the run he needs. And Watkins pace has damaged teams which is why he's been played in there...he's just to greedy when it comes to chance.

As I've said earlier in this post, I believe the club should push the boat out for watkins, he has all the attributes to become a top striker, it would be money well spent in goals and a future transfer fee, the fact that so many clubs are interested is testament to that. As regards Ofere he can go anytime as far as i am concerned no touch, no pace, can't hold up play and not that good in the air for such a tall man, not someone you can build a strike force around.