It has been a privilege guys.......my story

Naelifts

TO NAELIFTS !!

What game was that before / after?

Birmingham - don't you recognise the dodgy pub in the background?

I was at that game with Caleymad...it seems suuuch a long time ago, and after the match there were a few concerns for the season from some,  ended up OK didn't it? :twothumbsup:

• Agree 1

TO NAELIFTS !!

Was in school with the young fella on the far right behind IHE.

CiF...? If those are initials, then I'm going to guess Lovat Road...

Right on the money, alternative maryhill ... Or is that AY from 'round the block ? ;)

• Agree 1

As I write this however my thoughts are of Iain and Alison Coia...............how they would have loved all this

I met up with Iain, his girlfriend Pam and son Craig in the Drum & Monkey in Glasgow the night before the game. Iain was at the game on Saturday. Stories of the Coia bus and other outings were the order of the night. Got pished too.

• Agree 2

TO NAELIFTS !!

Right on the money, alternative maryhill ... Or is that AY from 'round the block ? ;)

It is... It's been a while - hope you're well :smile:  I think Simon and I bumped into you at the 4-3 Livvy game back in 98, iirc. 

• Agree 1

TO NAELIFTS !!

It is... It's been a while - hope you're well :smile:  I think Simon and I bumped into you at the 4-3 Livvy game back in 98, iirc.

Well remembered. Yes I'm good ... Difficult not to be after last weekend eh?! Good times. In Moray now but get through to the home games with my 8 year old son who has become hardcore ICT over the last 2/3 years. I'm a bit of a newbie to this forum so pretty cool to put a "well kent face" to an alias. Take care bud and we'll maybe bump into each other again soon :)

• Agree 2

I met up with Iain, his girlfriend Pam and son Craig in the Drum & Monkey in Glasgow the night before the game. Iain was at the game on Saturday. Stories of the Coia bus and other outings were the order of the night. Got pished too.

Glad Iain was there to witness our day.   :ictscarf:  :drinking05:

• Agree 1

Great read Nalifts. I remember sitting with Iain and Caley Alley at a game when our home games were being played in Aberdeen. A great day out even though we lost.

And the motley crew in Inverness for a game in 2004 ..... a week before another trip to Hampden (to face Dunfermline this time) 

post-2-0-62650900-1433507387_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-78004000-1433507388_thumb.jpg

but lets also not forget others who sadly missed this moment and who would have revelled in it ..... GordyFromSneck for one (). LG's husband Dave, and of course Mikey Diamond. Sure there are (unfortunately) many more.  

post-2-0-34896100-1329236921.jpg

• Agree 2

but lets also not forget others who sadly missed this moment and who would have revelled in it ..... GordyFromSneck for one (). LG's husband Dave, and of course Mikey Diamond. Sure there are (unfortunately) many more.

Mikey Diamond!

I just remembered we had a huge rendition of "Only one Mikey Diamond" in The Montfort after the game.

Ah flashbacks... lovely!

Lovely to see that photo of Gordy, who we remembered while at Hampden.

I would also like to pay tribute to all of the dear, departed Dads who introduced us to the terraces of Telford St or Kingsmills Rd, and who would have loved to see this day. :notworthy:  I know quite a few of us thought of them last Saturday.  :clapoverhead:

• Agree 7