Ian Vigurs

wynthank15

Here is a player who has been with Elgin, Aberdeen, Celtic, ICT, County and Motherwell and has just been released. I was always impressed by Vigurs when he usually appeared as a sub during the Brewster era, he has a good touch and an eye for goal and was excellent during his time at County.

he has always had an attitude problem but I believe under Hughes with an arm around the shoulder or a kick up the backside he could be an unpolished gem who should be scoring far more goals than he has to date. He is only 27 years old which is when players should be approaching their peak, with the right guidance, I believe this is a player we could get within our budget and who could potentially be a terrific signing.

• Agree 1

If nobody picks him up he may be glad to rethink his antipathy to ICT. I don't think it's realistic to sign him for a long contract since he is so unpredictable and a definite flash point for the team. Not a stable person it seems.

If John thinks he can handle him it may be a good punt but, if he acted up under John, I think his career might be finished.

I have always admired Vigurs' skill and work rate. Such a pity that his fiery and sometime rude disposition doesn't seem to match it.

Verdict?  -Not unless John detects something very special in him,  character wise. :ohmy:

• Agree 1

If the guy doesn't want to snap up the chance to come to the 3rd best team in Scotland, then "on your bike, son". The team spirit has been built up on a group of guys who have embraced the club and really want to be here.

Our team spirit is a major factor in our success, the players comment on it often.

Why put an ar5eh0le like Vigurs into the mix and potentially upset that balance?

Besides is he better than all the options that we have already?  Not in my opinion.

• Agree 2

Is a player not considered by the team finishing eleventh good enough to be offered a new contract good enough to improve the team finishing third ?

Wow, that's some sentence, Kingsmills!

• Agree 2

Would take some offer to get him after all the abuse...that said not so sure if he'd improve us

Yes, he would have to play for free after all the abuse he aimed at ICT and its fans. 

Think both sides should just take a pass on this. its a toxic relationship in both directions and would do no-one any good. Besides, as you say, not so sure he would improve us. 

• Agree 1

My aspiration was to impress you, not to be averse to your pithy comments oh Great One.

Huckleberry Finn?--I know the name but   due to Mr Alzheimer coming over to my place for the day, for a beer and some skittle practice, I just can't remember who he was . Was he in Gulliver's travels perchance? :crazy:

• 2 months later...

He's got the ability, of that there's no question.

But there must be some reason he doesn't have a club and isnt still at Well. Because it's not ability that's the issue.

I'm not sure we really need another midfielder either.

Not sure there is a point in spending money on wages for yet another midfielder that is definitely not needed, strikers and defenders are what we need not someone who is a liability, with a fairly open dislike of the club!

• Agree 3

I am not so sure that its the club he dislikes, its probably more of an issue with some of the fans

and to pre empt a certain mod with his renowned notoriety for making sure things are spelt write, the thread title is wrong its Ian with an extra i

• Disagree 1