Ian Vigurs

wynthank15

Rumour is that he has been offered a contract and has agreed. IF this is true welcome back Iain  and let's hope as an ICTplayer you get a decent response and hopefully the cheers will be louder than the inevitable boos you will get from some people. Let's get behind every ICT player regardless of your own personal feelings #togetherness

oh and if this rumour turns out to be untrue. He can feck off :lol::lol::wink:

• Agree 2

Rumour is that he has been offered a contract and has agreed. IF this is true welcome back Iain  and let's hope as an ICTplayer you get a decent response and hopefully the cheers will be louder than the inevitable boos you will get from some people. Let's get behind every ICT player regardless of your own personal feelings #togetherness

oh and if this rumour turns out to be untrue. He can feck off :lol::lol::wink:

Well said that man

Baring in mind the hate between Iain and some of the fans I don't think this is a good idea. Can't really see him (Iain) peeling off in joy to celebrate with the fans when (if) he scores either. If he does sign and he does hit the back of the net every week would these fans still be in the 'hate' mode? Old wounds can heal and as someone mentioned above, if Yogi can control him, it may work. I saw him play a couple of times in his ICT days and thought he was a good player. I believe it was his attitude that contributed to his release but I'm not sure. My verdict: No worth the risk in upsetting the fans or team morale.

• Agree 1

If some fans genuinely hate Iain Vigurs for whatever reason they need to grow up. Channel that hate into marathon running or something.

If some fans genuinely hate Iain Vigurs for whatever reason they need to grow up. Channel that hate into marathon running or something.

does eating marathons count?  For our younger posters think snickers 

• Agree 1

Hopefully it is just a rumour that he has signed or perhaps a short term contract to cover injuries but seriously question this signing if it goes ahead. He offers nothing to what we have already got in my opinion.

Baring in mind the hate between Iain and some of the fans I don't think this is a good idea. Can't really see him (Iain) peeling off in joy to celebrate with the fans when (if) he scores either. If he does sign and he does hit the back of the net every week would these fans still be in the 'hate' mode? Old wounds can heal and as someone mentioned above, if Yogi can control him, it may work. I saw him play a couple of times in his ICT days and thought he was a good player. I believe it was his attitude that contributed to his release but I'm not sure. My verdict: No worth the risk in upsetting the fans or team morale.

Football fans are the ficklest people on the planet. If he did score anything he had done in the past would likely be forgotten.

• Agree 1

Should this not be in the rumours section?. There has been nothing confirmed about any move for Vigurs other than internet gossip. Just like any other player if we are indeed interested we will have to compete for his signature with other clubs that might offer him more money including those in League 1 & 2 in England and do we know if any other club has shown interest?.

He'd be a good signing for us if it became true, I don't think what has happened before will be an issue and I can see more positives than negative here.

The fans thing doesn't worry me at all. One strike against the C(o)unty or even Celtic/Dons/Utd etc and it's all forgotten.

It's whether he's matured as a person.

I believe if he does play for us and gives 100% commitment on the pitch, he will get the folks from Inverness on his side.

• Agree 6

does eating marathons count?  For our younger posters think snickers 

You're a right diva when you're hungry. 

There is no doubting his ability and if came to us with hunger and the right attitude, then he be a good signing if it happens.  Hughes also said in the stv interview that he would be hoping to sign a defender and striker in addition to Viguers.

To get a striker and a left back too that would be superb (as tremarco when fit can slot in at centre half too). 

Well, you can't say the man hasn't got spirit.!

If anyone can harness his skill, energy and aggressive attitude (the good kind), it's John H.

Yep! 

And, regardless of the past, I have good vibes about this. Nothing like giving a person a second chance. Especially  in this  case since the platform offered to him for his work is great and if he  fails again then his career may well be over.

If successful, then Iain Vigurs could be a vigurous and positive contributor to Caley Thistle's onward progress and development.:clapping:

Let's wish him well and will him on.

• Agree 5

I know a number of folk that disliked him purely for him moving to County and it then becomes easy to direct abuse at people.

Yeah, his attitude was all over the place but he now slips into a totally different squad, different coaching team and hopefully some different minded fans if he pulls it off on the park.

Certainly feels strange to have him back but I'm looking forward to it.

• Agree 2

The most pleasing aspect of this move for me is that he will add to the quality depth to the squad. When everybody is back from injury the competition for places is going to be a really tough one especially with guys like Aaron Doran, Jordan Roberts and James Vincent. So I am pretty happy that he has signed. 

If we can get a decent striker then I feel our squad is of top six standard IMO.