Ian Vigurs

wynthank15

image.jpg

image.jpg

First pic he's celebrating a derby goal. I wouldn't want a player at the club who wouldn't show similar passion in such circumstances. Second goal he's celebrating in front of the away end. He should start with a clean slate, just as any new signing should.

Now confirmed and straight into the squad for tonight  Official Site

Think he'll be a good signing for us and I'm surprised that people think he won't be. He plays in a manner that fits in with our style,  he's a classy passer of the ball and hits a mean set piece.   I don't really care that he gave us the old cupped ears celebration when at County, nothing wrong with that at all, I quite like seeing a player respond to abuse by scoring a screamer and then celebrating infront of the opposition fans. To be fair he was probably still seething at the way Butcher had hung him out to dry.

• Agree 4

An excellent piece of business IMO. One of the best set piece takers / passers of a football in the country. Can see him contributing plenty of goals and assists. How often do we fail to turn dominance into goals for lack of a composed 'final ball'. Vigurs could be the missing piece of the jigsaw in that respect. Also pretty excited to see how well he links up with other intelligent players like Christie and Vincent. These kind of guys tend to bring the best out of each other.

• Agree 3

One of the best and most popular players in our history is Barry Wilson who, let's not forget, had previously celebrated a goal for County by revealing a "Let's all laugh at Caley" T-shirt. A few good performances for us and it was quickly forgiven and forgotten. Well, forgiven anyway!

Edited by Yngwie

Interesting. I'm not sure he's really what we need just now, but he certainly can play and his style of football will suit the ICT way under JH. However, he has had injury problems in the past and I just hope he doesn't upset the team spirit at the club. It's worth the signing just to upset our neighbours otb!:happy:

I also think he could be a good signing and will perhaps offer a little more creativity for that final ball.

He may have had an attitude problem in the past but hopefully he has matured a bit.  It was encouraging to read the Yogi was surprised by his good fitness level because that suggests he has really applied himself to keeping himself in shape whilst not signed up with anyone.

No doubt there will be those who are unhappy with his return but folk at the club know all about Iain and I am sure they will not have taken him back unless they were convinced he will be an asset to the club.

I think we didn't like him because he was quite good against us and enjoyed proving a point. Can't blame him - he was let go after all. Let's move on. But I'm a little worried that there's still time for some selling business to follow this! :happy:

last position we need! Would rather we signed Ched Evans than him 

Disgraceful post. Vigurs is a talented player with an poor attitude in the past and a bit of 'history' with ICT and our fans resulting in mixed views on whether we are wise to sign him.

Evans is a disgusting convicted and, worse, unrepentant  rapist who no right thinking fan would want within a million miles of this or any other club.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

Personally, I am not concerned by the history between the player and the club and fans. Vigurs, when he applies himself, is a decent player and will be an asset.

What does concern me is that we are using scarce 'emergency' funds to sign yet another midfielder when the emergency is that we still do not have an experienced out and out striker.

• Agree 2

Had to think about my own opinion on this a little before posting ... but in the end, I believe we should be willing to give him a (second) chance ...

No need to rake over old ground, its pretty clear that most folk are aware that he 'allegedly' had a bad attitude at work, and a pretty low opinion of the customers who came to his work on a Saturday or when he encountered them outside of work .....  However, time has moved on and so should we. The photos don't bother me, he is showing passion for the club he is playing for at the time, but what would bother me is if his attitude (to club, manager or fans) is stinking this time around and I hope that the club have made it clear to all concerned. If he is a team player and does not bring disharmony to the squad then fair play, he will be judged on his talent on the pitch, and he does have plenty of that .... 

I look forward to seeing someone post a pic with him in the same pose but a different shirt after the first derby game !!!

• Agree 1

I'm actually quite optimistic about this signing.  He's a good passer of the ball and he and Christie could well give us the penetration in the final third that we haven't to that standard since Andrew Shinnie left.  He winds up the thicker section of our support as well and that's always a good thing.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I see you've mastered how to put pictures into posts.  Good for you.

Welcome back Iain, Brave move son. Proves you don't lack the minerals!

I personally think this could be a good move for both parties.

Very skilful player with a few points to prove and a few doubters to convince.

And a team that plays in a style that suits his undoubted ability.

I would like to think that our other creative players are looking forward to his arrival?

Hope he can stay injury free and then we can enjoy his contributions to our team.

• Agree 1