Ian Vigurs

wynthank15

I think we didn't like him because he was quite good against us and enjoyed proving a point. Can't blame him - he was let go after all. Let's move on. But I'm a little worried that there's still time for some selling business to follow this! :happy:

A long as the selling bit isn't on the cheap and a few interested parties should surely push the price up.

Although being initially doubtful, I'm coming round to thinking this is a pretty good move given the depleted nature of our squad.  I'm not at all worried about the fans giving him stick.  A goal or two early on will have us firmly on his side I have no doubt.   I'm more worried about his affect on the dressing room, but will just have to trust that Yogi can manage that aspect.  When everyone's fit again there will certainly be competition for the midfield places so again Yogi will have a job to do keeping everyone happy.

But, in the meantime I wish him well and hope he makes his mark early on tonight against PT.

last position we need! Would rather we signed Ched Evans than him 

Come off it mate.. he is from ICT and Butcher said he was surplus to requirements... not his fault. Saying that his club choice was poor

Great signing .... and significantly our first Scottish signing in feck knows how long... also he is one of our own although he does need a good wash!

Hated him because I was gutted he left and went to County because he was at that time the most talented players we have produced. 

He's had his time away and will be hungry to impress. With him and Tansey we have 2 of the best set piece takers in the league. 

Also with Vigurs competing for a midfield position it frees Williams up as a left back so does.. in a way give us defensive cover

NOW WE NEED A STRIKER!

Edited by Harry Chibber
  • Agree 2

last position we need! Would rather we signed Ched Evans than him 

Aye so would rather sign a convicted rapist to represent our club......really???? What kind of message do you think you would giving to women and young fans.:redcard:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I doubt attitude, workrate and commitment will be an issue here. At 27 if he fecks this up he'll be lucky to get a game with Strathpish Thistle or whatever they're called. Hope he repays the faith we've shown in him.

Is it a straight 1 year deal or do we have the option of a 2nd year?

I think Struan might have executed his plan well, plenty of biters.

That old chestnut. Say something offensive and then pretend you were "fishing".

• Agree 1

If he's a Inverness player now then he's got my full support. The past is the past. Neither player or fan were exactly courteous towards each other after he left but it was hand bags at dawn nonsense. Let bygones be bygones. 

So long as he gives his upmost for the team I'm happy. And if he scores the occasional free kick against county then all the better.  

• Agree 2

If Iain plays to his potential he should be able to overcome the naysayers, up the pace and blow the opposition away.

We all have major or minor personality disorders but what matters in this case is frankly whether he is willing to fit in, work hard on the training field and play to his great potential on the park as and when selected..

Let's face it, chums, we all change and mature as we age. And please remember John Hughes is NOT  T. Butcher. Which is all I have to say on that score because  "least said, soonest mended". So, knock 'em dead, Iain.

Aye!

• Agree 2

Sounds like Vigurs did really well last night, especially for a lad plucked from Highland League obscurity.  :wink:

I was thinking, there can't be many examples of a footballer playing at that level one week and the top flight the next. Usually it's the other way round, with experienced players going to Brora.

Edited by Yngwie

If I. Vigurs was one who was wont to say  "After you Claude"  frequently , the naysayers would be down on him for being too gentlemanly and too soft.  So let's embrace the fact that the guy has spirit and is willing to employ it and  display it to help his team win matches.

Whether he is controversial or not, then SO WHAT, EH? He is on our team and I would rather he played with me than agin me. Rummel them up Iain, we want action. .......:crazy::clapoverhead: Remember...no prisoners!