Sorry this doesn't look right

Dargo20

How bitter are you guys? :cry: Starting to sound like Dundee Utd fans. Bitter and delusional

Even Shinnie doesn't look happy in that photo.. :sad:

​That's why he knocked back a move to England to sign for the Dons hhhmmmm

He looks very uncomfortable wearing that kit.

​Uncomfortable wearing the kit of the team his full family support (as he said 3 times in the video conference) hhhhmmmm

Looks spot on. Agent Shinnie helps ICT win Scottish Cup. Aberdeen, living in the past, get jealous. Aberdeen set off in 2015/16 season with expectation of beating Celtic to the Championship, winning Scottish Cup and retaining League.

ICT set off with realistic ambitions - surviving another tough year in SPFL. Doing best in other three cup competitions but being relistic.

Result - Agent Shinnie reached peak with ICT and Aberdeen unable to live up to fan expectations.

​This actually made me shake my head in disbelief. Jealous of a ****** wee club followed by about 2,000 fans? Oh dear oh dear

A football club survives as a unit and at ICT individuals come and go - let's hope we can keep replacing them and pisss off most of the bestards that go and fail.

​Agreed 100% We all lose players to other clubs. However, no players are bigger than the club we love. 

There's a difference between Shinnie and others that have left us and ended up at Aberdeen or some other SPL/SPFL team... he's more like a Wilson or a Sheerin and should be respected as club legend.  

Rooney and Hayes were fan favourites but Shinnie dragged us to win our first major trophy and always conducted himself as a complete professional. 

He will still get booed during a game but applauded before and after 

​As it should be. The guy tried his heart out for you guys. During his press conference he said that he loved the 7 years at Caley and will always be grateful to you for them. 

Im surprised the Thistle contingent havent mentioned that there isnt enough black in the strip.  :ictscarf:

Hes been a great player for us over the years and never gives up on the task. Hope he gets his chance playing for Scotland. 

No rest for the wicked, I believe he will be back at work in a couple of weeks for training.

​Agree 100%

The Graeme Shinnie chant.

Your not famous, your not famous, your not famous any more !

​I have to be honest, this is the most cringe-worthy chant by any opposition team. 

I do have to say though. I cheered you guys for the cup. It was great to see such a young club achieve such a feat. Total Roy of the Rovers stuff. I have never had a problem with you and always like to see you do well. I hope this thread was just the fall out of losing your best player. You have a fantastic record of unearthing gems ... I am 100% convinced you will do so again.

The best of luck in Europe (I hope you guys, St. Johnstone and the Dons show that Scottish football is about far more than the Bigot Brothers) and in the League (apart from against us obviously).

• Disagree 5

Troll off!

We currently hold the second most prestigious trophy in Scottish football, the Scottish Cup. World football's oldest trophy. It's been a quarter-of-a-century since 'yous' have had it!

You Dons fans need to stop sitting in your rooms with your Keith Chegwin posters, reading Smash Hits Magazines, twiddling Rubik's cubes, sipping from your Radio 1 RoadShow mugs and playing Spandau Ballet music. The 80s were a long time ago!  Aberdeen are irrelevant nowadays!

• Agree 1

We had a better domestic season last year than Aberdeen have had for at least 25 years.

If I was an Aberdeen fan this fact would probably make me so angry I'd make an account on this forum to post an embarrassing rant too. It's ok mate, I'm sure you'll win the Big Cup one day.

The guys a legend and should have won 2 cups if the Ref had noticed foran get pushed over in the box in the league cup.

So he's moved on to a club that their fans chucked a cricket ball at him in a final last year. I think you'll find he's respected more in the Highlands than Aberdeen.

Don't be so touchy and go and post on your own forums

• Agree 1

Troll? Guys if you read the post you will see I ended it praising your club? As for a better domestic season? I think you will find it takes a lot more to finish 2nd in the league than it does to win a cup? 

I remember the days when we welcomed fans of other teams on here....and some great craic we had with many of them over the years.

Ho Hum...!!!

​Most forums used to be like that (including the Dons ones). Most fans nowadays seem to take everything as an attack (including the Dons fans) :sad:

Edited by Jondon

Sounds like your a bit of a  mixed up smart ers bit of an attack to begin your opening thread enough to get deserved reactions from at least 2000 !

​Or maybe I was answering the criticisms of my club in the same way anyone would? In a pub people have banter about their teams. On a forum it seems to now be a thing of the past. 

I quite enjoy fans of other teams coming on to say their bit, livens up the forums a bit and most fans who go on to opposing teams forums tend to be pretty respectful, just saying like!!

• Agree 2

I quite enjoy fans of other teams coming on to say their bit, livens up the forums a bit and most fans who go on to opposing teams forums tend to be pretty respectful, just saying like!!

​I couldn't agree more. I know a few go on to be clowns and embarrass the real fans (including quite a few Dons fans) but I think a wee bit of banter (as long as it's respectful) is good. Especially if said poster is brave enough to appear after a defeat lol

I think you will find it takes a lot more to finish 2nd in the league than it does to win a cup? 

​I agree with that point in isolation, but let's do the maths here:

(3rd in league + 1st in Scottish Cup) > (2nd in league + knocked out of Cup at first hurdle)

:smile:

• Agree 2

I think you will find it takes a lot more to finish 2nd in the league than it does to win a cup? 

(3rd in league + 1st in Scottish Cup) > (2nd in league + knocked out of Cup at first hurdle)

​Let's face it whatever our own clubs achieve is the best in our eyes and nobody will tell us any different. However, in my red tinted specs it takes 38 games to finish a league campaign (10 points clear of third,also had nothing to play for for our last 5 games (let's face it Celtic had won the league already). However, it took Caley 5 games (6 including your replay against St. Mirren) to win the cup. However, I also see your view.

Edited by Jondon

I'm off to bed guys. In all seriousness I hope you guys have a wonderful season (just behind the Dons :-P ) Let's continue the pattern of more Northern teams in the top 6 than Central belt teams :-) 

Stand Free

​Also bearing in mind that ICT have a far smaller budget and probably inferior facilities compared to Aberdeen.  IMO it's a far harder task for a club like ICT to achieve what we did with what we have at hand than for Aberdeen (the second largest club in the league at this point) to achieve second.

I find it hard to believe that any fan of a Premiership team, given the choice between a Scottish Cup win and 3rd place or 2nd and opening round cup defeats wouldn't choose the former.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

I also hope that GoliathGrunt,12th Man, PumpFake  and Sneckboy, through time realise that i'm not a troll but a normal football fan who loves the game. I love to speak to opposition fans as the narrow minded view we get from sticking to our own forums is boring. There's nothing more frustrating than arguing with one of your own that player X is better than player Y. I'd rather chat with opposition fans ( and every now and then meet up with them before a game for a pint) and have a wee bit of banter.

​Also bearing in mind that ICT have a far smaller budget and probably inferior facilities compared to Aberdeen.

I find it hard to believe that any fan of a Premiership team, given the choice between a Scottish Cup win and 3rd place or 2nd and opening round cup defeats wouldn't choose the former.

​There was no choice offered? It was merely what was harder to achieve. Celtic didn't win the Scottish Cup, however I think we'd all agree they are far better (squad wise) than the rest of us. However, the budget argument ... you are 100% correct.

​Also bearing in mind that ICT have a far smaller budget and probably inferior facilities compared to Aberdeen.

​There was no choice offered? It was merely what was harder to achieve. Celtic didn't win the Scottish Cup, however I think we'd all agree they are far better (squad wise) than the rest of us. However, the budget argument ... you are 100% correct.

​With what we have at hand compared to Aberdeen IMO what we achieved was far more difficult.  Aberdeen probably have the second largest budget and probably some of the best training facilities in the league.  They should be finishing second.  We though, have overachieved big style.

• Agree 1

I remember the days when we welcomed fans of other teams on here....and some great craic we had with many of them over the years.

Ho Hum...!!!

​I agree entirely with Caley D. This poster has come to try to have a debate and has made his point in a reasoned and non confrontational way.

Instead of extending a warm Highland welcome some have really been quite poor in their response. Is every supporter of every other club who wants to post now to be branded 'a troll'. If so, it's a poor show and the site will be the worse for it. 

Do we really want to turn CTO into a Gaidhealtachd version of Pie and Bovril ?

• Agree 1

This poster has come to try to have a debate and has made his point in a reasoned and non confrontational way.

​Although he will perhaps admit that his opening line could have been better.....!

• Agree 1

Sorry 'Jondon', we've just lost our captain for last season, who we have brought through since a youth player, to our rivals who football wise are scarcely better than us. Also for nothing when realistically he would have been worth what would be a significant amount of money to us, if we could have paid him a bit more to sign his new contract. So let us have a bit of a moan eh!

So to say you come in peace and call us a '****** little club with about 2,000 fans' don't be surprised to get a bit of a negative reaction.

Personally I wish Graeme all the best, just can't help thinking he isn't going to achieve any more at Aberdeen than he has here. Regardless how many times we're told what a big club Aberdeen are. They're not.

Edited by Sir C the 3rd
  • Agree 2

Sounds like your a bit of a  mixed up smart ers bit of an attack to begin your opening thread enough to get deserved reactions from at least 2000 !

​Or maybe I was answering the criticisms of my club in the same way anyone would? In a pub people have banter about their teams. On a forum it seems to now be a thing of the past. 

​Come back when your "title challenge" involves taking something off the eventual champions.

Don't get so sensitive Donny.

Graeme isn't famous any more because he's left ICT end off. 

They are back in training at the end of the week, I heard its got something to do with Shinnie teaching the squad how to play football properly.

Edited by 12th Man

I wonder how Shinnie will react when McInnes informs him of his masterplan to play him in midfield so as to accommodate Considine at left back. Won't do his international credentials any good.

Edited by AlexJones

• 3 weeks later...