Mark Brown at Killie?

KingBeastie

I see Mark Brown has signed a 2 year deal with Dumbarton.  In the same article it mentioned his ex clubs, including Kilmarnock.
I couldn't remember him ever playing for Killie, I checked wikipedia (so it must be true) and sure enough he was on loan to Kilmarnock.
Why do I have no memory of this at all?  (apart from too much beer and getting on a bit!)
Was anyone else unaware of this too?

Oh well!
Is this how dementia starts?

loaned out by Celtic for about 4 months to cover for Alan Combe when he was injured then released when he returned to Celtic as surpus to requirements.  

I was hoping he'd come back to us! But, I understand, that clubs just don't take-on three established 'keepers!

We've got Brill & Esson, with back-up from young Cammy Mackay (and the even younger Daniel Hoban).

He seems to have been around for ages, as sometimes goalies do;  but still only 34. A legend for us though.

I need to research this, but perhaps he holds the record for most consecutive games played?

What is certain, he played in over 200 competitive games, and would probably be my goalkeeper in an ICT all-time team!

I was hoping he'd come back to us! But, I understand, that clubs just don't take-on three established 'keepers!

We've got Brill & Esson, with back-up from young Cammy Mackay (and the even younger Daniel Hoban).

He seems to have been around for ages, as sometimes goalies do;  but still only 34. A legend for us though.

I need to research this, but perhaps he holds the record for most consecutive games played?

What is certain, he played in over 200 competitive games, and would probably be my goalkeeper in an ICT all-time team!

Not, in my view,ahead of the legend that is Jimmy Calder.....who, apart from anything else, unlike Mark Brown,was brilliant at saving penalties and who could build you a conservatory into the bargain......

• Agree 4

Jimmy Calder all day long.
And I'd probably put Ryan Esson second.  He won the 1st division with us in style and let's not forget a certain cup too!
I'd say Jimmy is my favourite ICT player of all time. (love a bit of nostalgia!)

• Agree 2

I think your right about consecutive matches.  Might be worth having a look at Wyness too, I seem to recall him having a great length of stay in the team too.

I'd have thought Ross Tokely would be up close after around 500 appearances for us.

It was just the odd red-card, interspersed here-and-there that prevented him from reaching 100. In fact, even 6 yellows totted-up over a season means a suspension.

A player could go for two-seasons, playing every game, say 85 consecutive appearances, but a red card....and it's back to scratch!

Meekings was unlucky to be rested for the pre-cup final game v Celtic, breaking a decent chain.