New Away Strip

Harry Chibber

I'm not a fan of a Caley home and Thistle away concept, but I do think a red version of the home kit with two black stripes down the middle would look pretty cool.

It'd also be nice if the club opted not to go with a white or ICT coloured away in some fashion and go with something different for a change.  I'm bored of white away/third kits, though black seems to be a non-starter.

• Agree 2

As stated previously Black is a non starter as we can never wear it at the likes of Dundee and Dingwall. I would however like to keep a more Thistle 'themed' away shirt, whether it be all Red with black trim or the traditional white with red and black flashes

Same style as home strip for me but red replacing blue and black replacing red.

Why not leave the red as is and replace blue with black

We've had the current black, red and blue away kit for a couple seasons and we have hardly worn it,  we've used the white third kit more than the away kit. 

Funny that should be mentioned. I had only just seen the new St. Mirren home kit and it's quite a nice template. Leaps and Bounds above last year.

But then I remember what they've just pulled out the bag for C*unty.

Mixed Feelings in general if it's to be true.

Bit gutted... been wanting rid of them for years but the last few tops have been excellent. Current home top is one of the best we've had 

Quite like the St Mirren top if Cabrini

An Adidas top would be mint if we did change ... even for just 1 season. 

I've never seen a nice Carbrini top. Hopefully this isn't true.

This is what they've put out for Tranmere this year, minging:

Embedded image permalink

Edited by Guest

I've just seen the Morcambe kits today, that home kit is a beaut. Scunnered that Carbrini have taken out a good set of kits after what I've previously said.

Heavy suspicion that we're going into something with them, knowing and having spoken to several sports retail managers, seems the most probable outcome to an outsider.

We have seen the players training and playing Errea kit, if they have a new supplier I'm sure they would be sporting some training kit at least!

Dissapointed with another late kit release but is this the club's fault or the supplier's?  After winning the Scottish cup we had the perfect chance to get a new strip out early and capatilize on a potential new fan base. 

Id expect some information from the club regarding a release date by now. 

• Agree 1

If its true about Cabrini then that's just typical. We suffered through years of crap from errea and just when their products begin to get rather classy, we give them the boot lol. 

Positives of a change to Cabrini is better quality shirts and far better training gear. 

Negatives though will be a new home AND away top every year. At £45 a pop, expecting fans and families to sponge out £90 for two shirts every summer is frankly scandilous! I hope the club will do some sort of deal like buy two tops at once for £60 or something.  

In honesty, I'm still only making an assumption. Maybe this kit deal will still be through Errea and what I've been told purely turns out to be a commercial deal. Ian Auld didn't say very much.

Also, Forza, nobody is forcing anyone to buy two tops a year. Obviously the club would hope that is the case to maximise revenue, what club/business wouldn't? The option would be given to you, what top to purchase wether you liked one or the other.. or both.

It's just sheer profiteering from clubs..and all are guilty - preying on the gullibility of fans wanting the 'latest' look of their team. Some fans even buy the new kit even if, privately, they think it's 'bogging'!
Changing strips every year or so is ridiculous We've had 14 different strips in our relatively short time! I don't feel obliged to 'keep up' with the latest top - indeed, I've only got 4 ICT tops (only 1 fits now!) I actually like to see 'retro' tops at games. :smile:

• Agree 2