New Away Strip

Harry Chibber

If we want to play with the best in the country we need to maximise income on every commercial angle. Yes it seems unfair on fans but wages have to be met etc etc so I,m not against a new home and away shirt each year as it's a personal choice if you want to buy.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I'm never really in any rush for a new kit coming out but as a kid it used to drive me crazy having to wait so long.  I guess even a launch date would be good, the home game against Astra would be a good shout, there will never be as many Inverness fans inside the stadium as there will be then. 

Does anyone know out of all the top 12 spfl teams who still hasn't released their kit?  It wouldn't be as bad if there were a few others in the same boat as ourselves. 

Does anyone know out of all the top 12 spfl teams who still hasn't released their kit?  It wouldn't be as bad if there were a few others in the same boat as ourselves. 

I think it's only Hamilton Accies and ourselves that haven't released a new kit for the upcoming season. 

Would be a huge mistake not having it available before the home game against Astra IMO. Going to get a sell out at the stadium for a once in a lifetime (so far) game. Surely this is the best time to sell merchandise. As caleyboy said, it's about maximizing income, you'd think releasing it as early in the summer as possible would do this, especially off the back of the cup final win.

• Agree 1

Would be a huge mistake not having it available before the home game against Astra IMO. Going to get a sell out at the stadium for a once in a lifetime (so far) game. Surely this is the best time to sell merchandise. As caleyboy said, it's about maximizing income, you'd think releasing it as early in the summer as possible would do this, especially off the back of the cup final win.

Its got to come from Italy before it can be released. This appears to be a problem with the deal we're contracted to at the moment. We are dependent on when Errea provide the merchandise and I assume the deal we have reflects in the delivery time.

Its got to come from Italy before it can be released. This appears to be a problem with the deal we're contracted to at the moment. We are dependent on when Errea provide the merchandise and I assume the deal we have reflects in the delivery time.

So we are staying with Errea then?

Getting kit from Errea has always been a problem. We may be in the Premiership, and we may be the Scottish Cup winners and headed for Europe but in terms of sales and TV exposure we are still very much small fry to a company like them. There are others higher up the pecking order for this reason alone. Unless things have changed, the club dont have much clout and very little wiggle room ... There was even a time when we had to pay for everything up front but I dont know if that has changed now .... Also factor in that Errea (and vast swathes of Italy) shut down for August for the equivalent of what would have been the "trades" holiday and I would be surprised if we have more than a handful of shirts for the players by September. This is something that has always irked me but not sure what the club can really do about it. 

Agree with you Scotty but even the lower league English clubs inc The Conference have released Errea kits weeks ago!

Do Errea make our kits or do we buy a template and then print out own club crest and sponsor? 

No matter who's to blame I feel like the club has lost a great chance to get extra revenue through kit sales after the cup win and the European tie. This happens every season so why not address it a little bit earlier in year around April so we don't have these issues again?

• Agree 3

Errea have been a shambles for years.  I remember a few years back (the Flybe striped kit), the first team's kits didn't turn up until the week before the season started.  We had to play almost all of pre-season in training kits.  The black named away kit didn't turn up until October.  Last season we were the last club to announce our new home kit (and not for the first time).  Why the club have never called time on this mob I don't know.

You'd have thought with the cup final still pretty fresh and the Europa League game next week, with the players back in, you'd have thought this week would be the perfect time to showcase the new away kit.  Sadly though, I'm disappointed but not surprised.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

Don't see much point.

It's one of those conversations that takes place every season....get's an explanation every season....but still doesn't prevent the same conversation being had the following season.

All I can say is that as soon as there's information to be had, I'll make sure it gets out there.

I would fire out some teasers, but that just about got me strung up last time :lol:

• Agree 1

Rumours have been kicking about also that Sondico had been in the market for a few Scottish clubs and have lined something for Atleast 2, after recent raids down south. 

Another brand and that can pull off a decent looking set of kits but on the flip side, plenty of bad press for lateness and kit antics. 

I wonder if that's what is in the works for us? Could explain the delay.

Unless this is commercially sensitive (which I doubt, why on earth does the club not keep the fans updated. This deafening silence creates unnecessary critical comment! Are we changing suppler? Are we staying with Errea? Are we getting new home and away shirts or are we just changing the away top. Not difficult or sensitive questions!

Edited by caleyboy

Unless this is commercially sensitive (which I doubt, why on earth does the club not keep the fans updated. This deafening silence creates unnecessary critical comment! Are we changing suppler? Are we staying with Errea? Are we getting new home and away shirts or are we just changing the away top. Not difficult or sensitive questions!

Are we even sure the club knows what is happening regarding the change in home and away shirts.  Now I know we alternate every season so I fully expect us to change the away and keep the home but as you say why can't they at least tell us that.  I remember someone posted on here just before the cup final saying a fan asked if the home top was being used next season and the member of staff couldn't answer the question.  Who at the club deals with Errea?  Surely they know something and could communicate it with us or are the club just hoping the kits come this summer without any interaction with the suppliers.

First of all...there isn't going to be a sell out crowd because apparently we've still got more that 4000 tickets to sell.

going back to the actual topic, we've always been very late with kits...compared to everyone else anyway! And also, as far as I'm aware, we're contracted to erra for another 2 years. And if the home kit, which won't be changing is erra then the away one will be too...so no Cabrini kits.

First of all...there isn't going to be a sell out crowd because apparently we've still got more that 4000 tickets to sell.

going back to the actual topic, we've always been very late with kits...compared to everyone else anyway! And also, as far as I'm aware, we're contracted to erra for another 2 years. And if the home kit, which won't be changing is erra then the away one will be too...so no Cabrini kits.

Having had a look at the ticket sales online - looks like its edging towards a sellout in my eyes. Apart from Lower G there is only about 20 seats to be had in the main stand, Id say about 250 in the north stand. So unless there has been a huge expansion in the away capacity since I was at the stadium last week then we are looking good.

• Agree 1

We signed up with Errea around 1999 just after we were promoted to the First Division.  Errea seems to treat us if that's what we still are.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

Killie have launched their away shirt today- made by Errea in case you're wondering.

It's pretty poor that we haven't launched ours yet. Why aren't we capitalising on the fact our profile is higher than ever.

Edited by Hiro