ICTFC v FC Astra Giurgiu // Travel + Build up

In regards to tickets for the away leg. I've been told we have more than ample allocation, so wouldn't be concerned about not getting one.

That's a bold statement given that ground capacity is only 8,500 and we took 15,000 to our last away game!  :wink:

They use the same system as Elgin for controlling capacity.

Any truth in the rumour that Giurgiu looks like Elgin? 

Can we maybe not upset them this early?

Flights booked for me and the wife - Edinburgh to Stansted on Wed night, Stansted to Bucharest early Thursday morning. I'm happy to organise minibus/driver from Bucharest to Giurgiu if anyone wants to get on board with that. Looks like it would be less than £20pp return.

Alright mate, we have a group of 6 already booked for Bucharest and would definitely be interested in a bus going back and forth from the game if on the cards. 

Alright folks, been following this thread for a couple of days. Myself and a mate just booked up Tuesday-Friday. I used to stay in Bucharest. People want to be looking for accommodation close to Placa Uniri or Lipscani. That's the old town. Loads and loads of bars / restaurants in that area. You'll be surprised how plush it is. Nothing else of that class for miles around. Stick to those places and you'll be fine. I booked an apartment on AirBnB. For those who haven't tried it, it's great but it'll be best for groups of 2-6 max.

• Agree 1

The flight from Schipol is going to be interesting!

We have an apartment booked that sleeps 16 (Underground Bucharest VIP Apartment) so have spare capacity.  It is in the old town half a mile from the Place Uniri and a subway.  They have also offered airport transfers for 5 euros!  If we fill it the cost is £18 per night!  If anyone is interested please PM me asap. I might have 8 spaces.

Edited by Govan Jaggie

Alright folks, been following this thread for a couple of days. Myself and a mate just booked up Tuesday-Friday. I used to stay in Bucharest. People want to be looking for accommodation close to Placa Uniri or Lipscani. That's the old town. Loads and loads of bars / restaurants in that area. You'll be surprised how plush it is. Nothing else of that class for miles around. Stick to those places and you'll be fine. I booked an apartment on AirBnB. For those who haven't tried it, it's great but it'll be best for groups of 2-6 max.

Where are you flying from?

Flights booked for me and the wife - Edinburgh to Stansted on Wed night, Stansted to Bucharest early Thursday morning. I'm happy to organise minibus/driver from Bucharest to Giurgiu if anyone wants to get on board with that. Looks like it would be less than £20pp return.

I think it might have to be a coach!  Our group would certainly be up for something.

can i suggest that those who are going to the game use the RSVP function in the calendar for the game which will give everyone an idea of numbers (of site members at least). For those who might be hiring buses or organising accomodation we can also accommodate adding an 'event' to the calendar where there are only so many spaces available so you can get pseudo bookings and know when its filled up. 

http://caleythistleonline.com/calendar/event/70-astra-giurgiu/

Edited by Scotty

Flying from Aberdeen via Copenhagen! Want to arrive decent time on 22nd to have a good stab at the Wednesday night. Sure some people have already noticed but if not be aware that it's going to be roasting. 

Flying from Aberdeen via Copenhagen! Want to arrive decent time on 22nd to have a good stab at the Wednesday night. Sure some people have already noticed but if not be aware that it's going to be roasting. 

Copenhagen.  Decent shout.  Hopefully all the ICT fans can get together on Wednesday around the bars in the Placa/Square.  We need to make an ICT bar!

The club may be able to help fans if they know how many will need a bus. They will be using a company out there I'd imagine 

Decent shout.  However given there lack of information re the plane which may now have no fans as they have all made alternative arrangements, it might not be the best after all.

The club may be able to help fans if they know how many will need a bus. They will be using a company out there I'd imagine 

Decent shout.  However given there lack of information re the plane which may now have no fans as they have all made alternative arrangements, it might not be the best after all.

Naelifts and I decided to jump too, given that I've had time for a short hospital stay (eye eye!) and still no word from the club. Anyway Edinburgh suits us far better than Inverness.

booked KLM Edinburgh - Schiphol - Bucharest going out Tuesday. 

Also booked a hotel in Giurgiu for Thurs night which is 1/2 mile from the stadium. Grand sum of €33 for a quadruple room including breakfast and it's free cancellation anyway. So either we can go back to Bucharest after the game if there's a bus, or we can keep the booking and some of you might want to drink at our hotel before the game.

Draw was Monday. Today is Wednesday. Do you really think thats long enough to deal and confirm a charter let alone publicise it?

Draw was Monday. Today is Wednesday. Do you really think thats long enough to deal and confirm a charter let alone publicise it?

Yes. 

The Gellions have the price for their charter, hotel and transfers publicised.

• Agree 1

Agree it's a tall order Alex, but I would have liked some bare details such as how many nights, roughly where based, do we stay in the team hotel or find our own, even a ball park figure of cost. To be fair to the club, most of us probably expressed interest just in case the draw turned out awkward, which it hasn't.

Edited by TheMantis

Yes. 

The Gellions have the price for their charter, hotel and transfers publicised.

do you know roughly what The Gelions are offering?

• Scotty unfeatured this topic
  • Scotty unpinned this topic