ICTFC v FC Astra Giurgiu // Travel + Build up

The Dubliner bar has been recommended by some mates who were out there last year for a stag do so we could all meet up there on the Wed & Thurs. I'm happy to contact the bar to warn them 

Edited by RedCard

Decided not to wait for the club and booked our own Bucharest city break as flight costs on the rise.  3 nights in the Europa Royale Budapest starting 21st with flight from Aberdeen via Amsterdam. We nervously await to hear if we can get match tickets, from the club?

We (2) of us definitely interested in shared transport to and from the match. Please count us in and let us know of meets in pubs, squares, fountains etc.

The Dubliner bar has been recommended by some mates who were out there last year for a stag do so we could all meet up there on the Wed & Thurs. I'm happy to contact the bar to warn them 

at the risk of asking the obvious, what team do your mates support :lol: not a big fan of Irish theme pubs.....

The club may be able to help fans if they know how many will need a bus. They will be using a company out there I'd imagine 

Decent shout.  However given there lack of information re the plane which may now have no fans as they have all made alternative arrangements, it might not be the best after all.

Draw was Monday. Today is Wednesday. Do you really think thats long enough to deal and confirm a charter let alone publicise it?

Yes. 

The Gellions have the price for their charter, hotel and transfers publicised.

do you know roughly what The Gelions are offering?

They couldn't get charter from Inverness, that or it was too pricy. So their offering coach to Glasgow on the wed. Direct flight to Bucharest. Hotel wed night. Coach to game and back Thurs. Hotel Thurs night. Flight back Fri am. £530 

I had been holding out for gellions plane but quite pricy. 

• Agree 1

Okay thats cool just out of curiosity if you are going to have space what dates have you got it booked for so I can check flights.  Myself and another mate will be interested if space is available. 

All the confirms have come back so spares are filled.  Sorry.  You will have seen IHE post slightly further down.  Give him a shout.

The Dubliner is out on its own. You are better off in the old town with lots of choice of food/drink.

Silly question.  The kick off time is showing as 2000. Is that local or UK?

Where's that showing?

There's no confirmed time for either home or away game as yet.

Ignore that...found it.  Scotty must have added the games to the Fixture List. I've changed times for both to 00.00 for now, should hopefully get confirmation of actual time tomorrow.

Edited by CaleyD

The Dubliner is out on its own. You are better off in the old town with lots of choice of food/drink.

ok thanks for the heads up Neil. Will do some digging around and hopefully all us fans can meet up somewhere 

If anyone is there by Tuesday they could take in the Steaua Bucharest Champions League game. If all games kick off at 7:45pm UK that would be 9:45pm in Bucharest.

Game will probably be in the National Stadium as there are no other stadiums in Romania that meet CL guidelines.

I went to a 2nd round game a few years ago and I think it was £8!

If anyone is there by Tuesday they could take in the Steaua Bucharest Champions League game. If all games kick off at 7:45pm UK that would be 9:45pm in Bucharest.

Game will probably be in the National Stadium as there are no other stadiums in Romania that meet CL guidelines.

I went to a 2nd round game a few years ago and I think it was £8!

I was at their qualifying game against Stromgodset last season. Nice shiny new stadium and their ultras are pretty mental but a lot of turmoil at the club at the moment. The army have taken away their badge! http://www.espnfc.com/blog/espn-fc-united/68/post/2497187/dinamo-steaua-bucharest-derby-nick-ames

Two of us booked our own way there (via London) and would definitely be interested in meeting up to head to game, both for beers and transport!  Get there late on the Wednesday and leave 1210 Friday.

• Agree 1

Silly question.  The kick off time is showing as 2000. Is that local or UK?

I think Scotty has just taken an educated guess at that - not sure time has been announced yet

yup, educated guess based on previous seasons where the games kicked off at 8PM UK time not 7:45 like SPFL league games

Quizzer (and anyone else) - take a trip over to the calendar to see a couple of things of interest regarding the 'roll call' for the game and also the bus transfer from Bucharest to the game and back that Dalgety Bay Jaggy and CJT hope to co-ordinate. 

Booked into Europa Royale 

Str. Franceza 60, Sector 3, 727525 Bucharest

Tues and Wed nights

More Tuesday night people!  Are you changing in Amsterdam at all?

yip, at 1330 for Bucharest. This CL thing sounds a good idea

• Scotty unfeatured this topic
  • Scotty unpinned this topic